Our response to the UK lockdown
- Continuing to take orders and deliver using our warehouse and delivery partner - as long as it is safe for them to do so
- Making sure our suppliers and their key workers have the right precautions in place to keep safe
- Completely closing, because we are able to continue trading as long as it is safe for our warehouse staff and couriers to work - we believe that direct delivery is a better alternative than leaving your home and visiting a store to buy wine, and this is in line with government advice
- Ever going to compromise on this, and if this changes we will stop taking orders
Placing an order
- Welcoming a limited number of orders each day from new customers who want to join our Angel community
- Offering a small range of introductory cases for new customers who are looking to invest in talented winemakers and get deliveries direct to their door
- Taking orders through our website and app
- Removing saved items (including any free samples we may have added in the past) from your shopping basket - we can't process them for now so they need to come out
- Going to overload our warehouse - we’ll keep an eye on the number of orders we take each day to make sure we don’t compromise the safety of our people or the service we offer
- Asking you to stay a part of something that’s not right for you - you can cancel or make changes to your Angel account at any time
- Able to take orders over the phone at the moment
- Removing these items for good - when the warehouse is at full capacity again, we’ll put all in-stock saved items back in your basket
- Doing our best to keep our customers topped up with their favourite wines
- Delivering contact-free to home addresses only - please update your delivery instructions with your safe place when you check out.
- Delivering next day as standard just now, but we’ll be back to normal service as soon as we can
- Delivering to click & collect locations - this would require people to leave their homes to pick up their wine
Angel free samples
- Giving you the opportunity to claim your May free sample. We really appreciate your understanding in putting up with longer delivery times and a reduced range over the past few weeks. So we’ve found a safe way to offer you your May freebie, to say thank you for your patience and support during this time.
- Staggering our emails to Angels throughout the month - to spread the orders without breaking the warehouse. Your free sample will be popped into your basket at the start of the month - for you to claim anytime you’re ready before 31st May - but you may not receive an email from us straight away.
- Extending the May free sample window until 31st May, instead of our usual 2 week window. So you don’t have to claim your free sample straight away. It’ll stay in your basket until the end of the month. We’re doing this to keep our warehouse packers safe.
- Going to forget about your April free sample. You might remember that in April, we weren’t able to offer you your usual free sample. But you have our word that you’ll get the chance to claim it when we’re back to business as usual. We were still disappointed that we couldn’t give you your usual freebie, so we’ve donated £115,400 to Meals for the NHS – to thank you for your continued support whilst everything’s a bit upside down.
- Able to double up your May free sample. This is because we want as many Angels as possible to have the opportunity to claim a free sample this month. Slots at the warehouse are limited right now, in order to protect our packing staff. So as promised, we will honour your April free sample once the warehouse is functioning as normal again.
Keeping your money safe
- As ever, protecting the money you invest - we have cash in the bank following the sale of Majestic to meet the level of Angel funds we owe, as well as stock in excess of the total Angel balance - so your cash is covered twice
- Removing any of the usual options you have - if you decide you’d prefer to cancel your account and get any unspent money back, you are free to do this at any time through our website. If you’d prefer to pause your Angel payments or reduce the amount you pay in, you can do so here.
- Bringing together our online community of wine drinkers and winemakers during this time - follow us on Facebook or Instagram to stay in the loop
- Going to go quiet on you! We'll be keeping you up to date with everything that's happening during this time - don’t forget you have a community of fellow wine lovers on our online groups to turn to if you fancy a chat.
Summer Tasting Tour
- Cancelling our Summer Tasting Tour
- We're gutted that we’ve had to make this call, but keeping our Angels, winemakers and staff safe during this uncertain time is our top priority. We’re looking at ways to fill the Tour-sized hole and bring you and your winemakers together to share a virtual glass
- Cancelling our Winter Tasting Tour
- As things stand we're still going to be winding our way around the UK in November, visiting 4 cities with 100 delicious bottles including first taste of some new arrivals, trusty Angel favourites, and a few surprise treats
- Able to take inbound phone calls at the moment - we’re hoping to have a solution to this within a couple of weeks, but would ask that you bear with us if it takes us a little longer than normal to get back to you
- Able to offer call backs on request, but you can use our live chat or in-app messaging to get in touch in real time Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm and 9am-1pm Sat