- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Bourret, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!
- Benjamin has really pulled it out of the bag with this new vintage of his rose, making it easy to see why he is one of the best selling winemakers on Naked.
- Think freshly crushed strawberries with a couple of raspberries thrown in to boot, combined with freshly whipped cream and a nice sharp bite. Top-drawer rosé and fresh as a morning daisy.
- Ben gets his grapes for this wine from a cooperative high in the Languedoc hills - so you're getting boutique quality rosé for a supermarket snip!
- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- Chock full of bright and zesty citrus flavours, this wine is as crisp and refreshing as they come. Kiwi Sauvignon fans need not look any further!
- It's a great accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
- The grapes Kobie's used to make this wine were bought with Angel money. So, of course, it's only fair you get to buy the end result at a jolly decent price. We like to think of it as a never-ending circle of back scratching.
- We like to think of this as the rather good-looking lovechild of new and old world Sauvignon, with a little something for everybody. Bags of minerality, clean on the palate and fresh as a dew drop covered daisy.
- An intense gooseberry kick in the finish tells you that this is a grown up, top class wine. Try a little midweek sophistication for yourself - at this price, it'd be rude not to.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
- If you like your wine packed with flavour, then the grapes you need to look for are of the slightly shriveled, sorrier-looking variety. They might not look postcard perfect, but we can tell you here and now that those are the ones you really want in your glass.
- The not-so-secret ingredient? The sun. Leave grapes to bask in it and you’ll turbocharge the taste. So when Stefano di Blasi, discovered some forgotten-about Chardonnay and Viognier grapes, shriveled by the scorching Sicilian sun, we got very excited indeed.
- It’s one of a kind. Elegant and refreshing, with mouthwateringly ripe, juicy flavours of melon and zingy Sicilian lemon -fabulously intense, it's the kind of wine that disappears quickly but you won't forget it in a hurry.