WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the seventh vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- The grapes Willie's used to make this wine were bought with Angel money. So of course, it's only fair you get to buy the end result at a jolly decent price. We like to think of it as a never-ending circle of back scratching.
- We like to think of this as the rather good-looking lovechild of new and old world Sauvignon, with a little something for everybody. Bags of minerality, clean on the palate and fresh as a dew drop covered daisy.
- An intense gooseberry kick in the finish tells you that this is a grown up, top class wine. Try a little midweek sophistication for yourself - at this price, it'd be rude not to.
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
Rod is our man on the ground in Hawke's Bay and by gosh has he delivered any astonishing tipple.
Boy oh boy.... where do we start? Fresh, juicy, light, and more fruit than you can shake a stick at. Bags of sunshine and the Hawke's Bay altitude give this Pinot Gris some serious attitude.
It's Angel funding that helped to make this wine not only great tasting, but great value for money too. Grab yourself a few bottles before the other Angels get too thirsty!
- If you haven't had a Hunter Valley Verdelho, then boy you are in for a treat!
- A vibrant and fresh tipple with bright aromas of melon and apricot which leave you with a super refreshing finish.
- Drink this wine straight from the fridge with a delightful platter of fresh seafood.
- No winemaking tricks here... armed with your funding, I was able to select the very best damn fruit I've ever seen, harvested in the cool of the night and gently pressed to preserve those classic Sauvignon Blanc characters.
- The result is elegant yet complex. Powerful yet poised. An explosion of ripe tropical fruit including guava, blackcurrant, lime zest and pink grapefruit. All beautifully wrapped in that classic Marlborough zing which makes it so refreshingly drinkable.
- It's a single vineyard Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc sourced from one of the most highly sought after blocks in the region. I reckon it's the best Sauvignon Blanc I've made in my 15 year career. And I've made some crackers!
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
- Stephen's made many amazing wines for us, but we really couldn't believe this Viognier when we tasted it!
- Viognier is the Rhone's white wine gift to the wine world. This little Californian number is off the beaten path but it's a sensational wine at a very un-Rhone price.
- Serve it deliciously cold and this zingy, peaches & cream dream, will keep you and your friends refreshed all year 'round!
- Dom's Fiano is Nirvana for white wine lovers. Imagine the fresh, gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio with the delicious fruit and fragrance of a Sauvignon Blanc - it's simply scrumptious.
- Dom used his little black book of growers to nab the grapes for this wine at the right price. It's all about who you know, you know!
- As fresh as a summer breeze with lusciously light peachy fruits, a lively lemony zing, and a vivacious bright finish that'll leave you longing for another (big) sip.