- This super-refined Sauvignon comes from Martinborough - a small region perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. We gave Rod carte blanche to make a spectacular wine that delivers insane value for money.
- Boy has he delivered. This super-refined Sauvignon is bursting with character and elegance - a million miles away from your typical supermarket Sauvignon Blanc.
- If you want a drop that looks expensive, tastes expensive, but isn't expensive... then this is the one for you. And because you funded it - it's Angel exclusive.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the seventh vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!
Sancerre is what you buy if you want to look flash. Pouilly Fume is what you buy if you really are flash, not to mention flush. Top of the French Sauvignon Blanc ladder, this is pure, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle.
Joost only gets to make this wine when the vintage is really, really good. He assured us this was one of those years. And by jove we agree!
Bright and zesty citrus fruits with a beautiful crisp minerality make this dangerously sippable. Seriously limited stock and ready for drinking right now. If you think too long about buying this, you might miss out...
Rod is our man on the ground in Hawkes Bay and by gosh has he delivered any astonishing tipple.
Boy oh boy.... where do we start? Fresh, juicy, light, and more fruit than you can shake a stick at. Bags of sunshine and the Hawkes Bay altitude give this Pinot Gris some serious attitude.
It's Angel funding that helped to make this wine not only great tasting, but great value for money too. Grab yourself a few bottles before the other Angels get too thirsty!
- No winemaking tricks here... armed with your funding, I was able to select the very best damn fruit I've ever seen, harvested in the cool of the night and gently pressed to preserve those classic Sauvignon Blanc characters.
- The result is elegant yet complex. Powerful yet poised. An explosion of ripe tropical fruit including guava, blackcurrant, lime zest and pink grapefruit. All beautifully wrapped in that classic Marlborough zing which makes it so refreshingly drinkable.
- It's a single vineyard Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc sourced from one of the most highly sought after blocks in the region. I reckon it's the best Sauvignon Blanc I've made in my 15 year career. And I've made some crackers!
- If David was on Mastermind, Lodi Chardonnay would be his specialist subject. He tastes fruit from over 8,000 acres of the stuff every single year.
- One of the oldest Chardonnay vineyards in the region was on the verge of being ripped up because it didn't produce as much fruit as surrounding plots. Angel funding helped David to rescued the vines and focus on quality over quantity.
- Ripe, rich, delicious and opulent, this is the most complex and classy Chardonnay you'll find at this price - and you don't have to feel guitly about drinking it on a weeknight!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- My Comte Tolosan is from an artisan producer in a southern appellation around Toulouse, where the grapes benefit from a contrast of sun-kissed days and cool Atlantic breezes to give an interesting and incredibly fresh wine.
- As you know, recently Chablis was very badly affected by a succession of extreme weather events and we still don't know how this will affect the harvest in a region where we've seen low yields for the last 5 years. Naked Wines have supported us and helped us bring this wine to Angels, so you get to experience a wine from this unknown area with our thanks.
- The blend of Colombard and Ugni Blanc give you a fresh and vivid lime and lychee flavour with a subtle hint of white pepper. It's a wine that's made to drink young, and it's great value!
Benjamin Laroche, Winemaker
- In Rioja we have really good conditions for white wines, even if we’ve always been recognized for our reds!
- We had a strike of luck in the region around 25 years ago with the appearance of a new grape variety called Tempranillo Blanco. From one shoot 25 years ago, now we have around 500 hectares in Rioja, and the possibility to enjoy a delicious new grape variety.
- It’s a fresh and crispy white wine with pear and apple and a rounded mouth feeling with a great balance. It’s an opportunity for Angels to try something really different and exclusive.