WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the ninth vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Finding fruit this great, and at a steal of a price is something as rare as hens' teeth. I had to snap up this small parcel of Sauvignon Blanc for you Angels.
- I have a great relationship with this grower and he has faith in what I am doing with Naked Wines. Therefore he has a long-term view regarding what is a good price for the grapes. Making this Sauvignon Blanc the best 'bang for buck' wine I've ever made.
- As the name suggests, this is a high altitude vineyard, at 185 metres above sea level. Cooler daytime temperatures during ripening and a consistent afternoon sea breeze give more aromatic fruit qualities. This wine evokes characters of passionfruit and lemongrass which really burst from the glass. It is built for immediate enjoyment.
- I've spent most of my winemaking career in Tuscany... but thanks to Naked Angels I’ve been given the opportunity to turn my hand to a spectacular white wine from Veneto.
- It’s very rare that a Tuscan winemaker gets the chance to work in this region. Thanks to your funding and support, together we have made it a reality!
- My Bianco Trevenezie is an intensely fresh, fruity and flavoursome white with just the right crispness and length. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
- With 92% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- This wine was a blast to make. Deciding on which varieties to put in the blend, spending time with the grower on how to deal with them differently, when to pick, how to process into wine - so many absorbing forks in the road and I loved every minute. Waipara makes beautiful aromatic wines and I was keen to put a different slant on this.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Beautiful, light and ethereal on the nose with quite a bouquet of lychee, citrus fruits and freshly picked white spring flowers. A fresh and lengthy palate carries the citrus fruits throughout with a hint of fruit sweetness but finishing dry. Great by itself or with light meals.
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
This isn’t your everyday Marlborough. Mike's a super-talented Sauvignon God and wields the grape with an elegance and finesse that you can taste in every drop.
We're talking classic grassy, green, gooseberry laden fruit flavours, with a shock and awe approach to the term 'refreshing' that mainlines a citric buzz to the central nervous system.
Crab linguine. Bottle of this. Unbelievable.
- 4 years after vandals left her small business down the drain, Katie is moving along at full steam ahead. The opportunities in front of her now just wouldn't have been possible without your support.
- Katie LOVES drinking Sauvignon - so when she told us about her plans to secure some top-notch Sauvignon fruit in the vineyards of Narbonne - we didn't hesitate to jump in with Angel funding to make it happen.
- A squeeze of southern French sunshine has taken this drop to the next level. Imagine the clean crispness of a Loire Sauvignon mixed with the ripe, rounded fruits of a Kiwi Sauvignon... it's unbelievable quality for the price.
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.