WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the ninth vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams. And as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost, to get a WHOLE LOT more in taste.
- Mike picked seriously top-notch grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (for maximum finesse and flavour), aged the wine on its lees for 12 months (for extra richness and complexity), and released it when it tastes seriously spectacular. Which is um... right now!
- Think luscious exotic fruits, zingy lime, and a BIG dollop of Kiwi sunshine – it’s pure luxury in a glass.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- Is this the richest white wine you'll ever taste? Quite possibly, thanks to it being 100% Viognier and packed to the rafters with delicious apricot and lemon fruit, all whirled around in a creamy mix that closes a stupendous variety act with a delicious, capricious zing.
- Ben sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- This needs to be drunk young and fresh. Do that and you will no doubt end up agreeing with the 90% of people who said they'd buy it again.
Rod is our man on the ground in Hawke's Bay and by gosh has he delivered an astonishing tipple.
Fresh, juicy, light, and more fruit than you can shake a stick at. Bags of sunshine and the Hawke's Bay altitude give this Pinot Gris some serious attitude.
It's Angel funding that helped to make this wine not only great tasting, but great value for money too. Grab yourself a few bottles before the other Angels get too thirsty!
Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- This has purity written all over it. Crisp clean, apple and white peach fruit flavours running alongside a lovely creamy, soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- The perfect partner for a lovely fresh piece of cod, or a plateful of creamy mussels.
- Dom's Fiano is Nirvana for white wine lovers. Imagine the fresh, gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio with the delicious fruit and fragrance of a Sauvignon Blanc - it's simply scrumptious.
- Dom used his little black book of growers to nab the grapes for this wine at the right price. It's all about who you know, you know!
- As fresh as a summer breeze with lusciously light peachy fruits, a lively lemony zing, and a vivacious bright finish that'll leave you longing for another (big) sip.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!