- Is this the richest white wine you'll ever taste? Quite possibly, thanks to it being 100% Viognier and packed to the rafters with delicious apricot and lemon fruit, all whirled around in a creamy mix that closes a stupendous variety act with a delicious, capricious zing.
- Ben sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- This needs to be drunk young and fresh. Do that and you will no doubt end up agreeing with the 90% of people who said they'd buy it again AND the seasoned tastebuds of the IWC judges in which this vintage just picked up a medal.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the seventh vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- You asked for hidden gems, so we went in search of something new for you. We're thrilled to introduce Yiannis, our first ever Greek winemaker.
- The dream climate and growing conditions preserve the unbelievable aromas of the noble Moschofilero grape that is native to Mantinia... and Yiannis' vineyard.
- The result is a local wine of legendary fragrance. Aromas of intense lemony flowers fill your nose, while the crisp dry wine is full of pomegranate and citrus flavours - yum.
- Pinot Gris grows very well in Waipara. The cool and dry weather means the fruit to ripen super slowly to develop beautiful body and ripeness. I've been working with Pinot Gris for over a decade and there are more nuances to the variety than you'd think!
- Thanks to Angel support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked.
- Fresh white pear and nectarine combine with preserved fig and baked quince on the nose and through the palate with a hint of cinnamon. Rich yet restrained and dry on the finish, a white wine with many layers suitable for pondering or drinking!
- Naked were extremely open to me pushing the boundaries with Sauvignon Blanc. They encouraged me to challenge the norm, and break all the rules.
- I absolutely love the versatility of Sauvignon Blanc. When the fruit is good enough, it's a real treat to allow some juice to ferment in premium oak. The takes the Sauvignon Blanc to a whole other level.
- I’m really thrilled with the result - it tastes like a silky smooth tropical explosion. The critics agree – it just picked up a Gold medal and 3 trophies including Best Sauvignon Blanc at the prestigious IWC awards!
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
Rod is our man on the ground in Hawke's Bay and by gosh has he delivered any astonishing tipple.
Boy oh boy.... where do we start? Fresh, juicy, light, and more fruit than you can shake a stick at. Bags of sunshine and the Hawke's Bay altitude give this Pinot Gris some serious attitude.
It's Angel funding that helped to make this wine not only great tasting, but great value for money too. Grab yourself a few bottles before the other Angels get too thirsty!
- Finding fruit this great, and at a steal of a price is something as rare as hens' teeth. I had to snap up this small parcel of Sauvignon Blanc for you Angels.
- I have a great relationship with this grower and he has faith in what I am doing with Naked Wines. Therefore he has a long-term view regarding what is a good price for the grapes. Making this Sauvignon Blanc the best 'bang for buck' wine I've ever made.
- As the name suggests, this is a high altitude vineyard, at 185 metres above sea level. Cooler daytime temperatures during ripening and a consistent afternoon sea breeze give more aromatic fruit qualities. This wine evokes characters of passionfruit and lemongrass which really burst from the glass. It is built for immediate enjoyment.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!