- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's minblowingly dark and delicious.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- You rescued Jean-Pascal's business - and what better way can he thank you by picking the finest grapes, and blending them into this bold and beautiful top-shelf Cabernet.
- Powerful, lavish and oaky, the first thing to sock you in the gums is an explosion of rich blackcurrants and berries with a satisfyingly smooth silky finish – if only they made Bordeaux this good. Ooooh.
- It's been sitting in obscenely expensive barrels in JP's cellar long enough. Now it's begging to be drunk. JP recommends decanting it for 2 hours before drinking (add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order if you want your dinner table to look ultra fancy!)
- WARNING: DO NOT SHARE THIS WINE! This is something seriously special...
- Patricio is one of our most highly rated winemakers. We wanted to see just how good he could be so we asked him to pull out all the stops and make something amazing with the very best grapes he could find.
- Malbec is what Argentina does best, and Patricio just made the best one we have EVER tasted. Don't blame us if you get hooked on Patricio's Gran Reservas! You have been warned.
- Together with your support and Bondholder funding, Katie is back - and better than ever with her spectacular Old Vine Syrah.
- You've got gorgeously ripe blackberries by the bucketload, whilst a tingle of spicy licquorice dances on your tastebuds. Even better, it's been lovingly aged for extra depth and decadence thanks to bondholder funding.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 5 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle now and cracking it open with a big fat juicy steak.
- Maury is usually known for fortified wines, but if you know where to look you can make some stonking reds from their old vines.
- When Ben got the opportunity to get a parcel of these precious grapes, he jumped on it.
- Rich, vibrant and juicy like the land the grapes are grown from. This wine will knock your socks off!
Angels love finding new wines from off the beaten track. So when we looked beyond Stellenbosch and discovered Stefan’s insanely delicious kit hiding out in a little town called Tulbagh, we thought, get in!
Pinotage is South Africa’s signature red grape and when handled properly produces some seriously impressive vino. Stefan's has oodles of ripe berries, hints of vanilla and liquorice, and a lingering smoky sweetness that goes on forever.
This juicy number needs to breathe for a little first, then pair it with a nice leg of roast lamb and some herby potatoes. Stunning.
- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was grown on John and Joan Woodruff's vineyard at Glenrowan in Victoria. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think Plums, rum & raisin & chocolate... deee-lish!
- This wine is a terrific example of the ripe rich Glenrowan Shiraz.
- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- Over the years at Moerbei Estate we've grown top quality Pinotage fruit, but all of it was sold to boutique wineries nearby. We decided to take our fruit back and show Angels how delicious this hidden jewel can be.
- Naked had the confidence to give us the Angel investment in advance to help with our first bottling. They believed in us, and we hope once you taste our Redridge Pinotage you will love it too!
- Our Redridge Pinotage is full-bodied with a lively dark ruby hue and flavours of ripe plums, cherries, chocolate and a slight scent of dried banana. On the palate, the silky juiciness of black cherries. This wine is truly South African and it would compete with the best Pinotage in South Africa.
Kobie & Faisal - Winemakers