New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocha and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- From the talent who made Solaia and Tignanello - two of the most iconic (and eye-wateringly expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano managed to nab a parcel of top notch Montepulciano grapes and has crafted an intense and velvety wine exclusively for Angels.
- Full to the brim with bright red fruit and rich dark chocolate, it’s the perfect wine to crack open with a tummy warming gamey stew.
Matt's world-class Zinf is bold, yet luxuriously smooth. Overflowing with ripe blueberries, cassis, and elegant violet aromas, and on the palate it makes the mouth water with juiciness, with a decadent finish of coffee and spice too. In other words, the kind of wine that won't stay in the rack for long...
It's been earning rave reviews in the states, where the first three vintages have averaged a stonking 91% rating with US Angels. So when Matt mentioned a rare opportunity to create a special batch of his blockbuster new Zinfandel just for UK Angels, we could barely contain our excitement.
A super rare find from the historic California region of Contra Costa County, in Oakley, Matt sources his old vine grapes from an esteemed family vineyard where the owners have been farming for 5 generations! Sadly, while Oakley is a goldmine for high-quality Zinfandel, its grape-growers are straining under the pressures of urban sprawl. That's why, when we tasted this wonderful wine, we were more than happy to give Matt the extra funding he needed to invest in Oakley’s incredible vineyards and keep them going for generations to come.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!