- Portugal is quickly becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers Luis is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- Sam sourced the delicious and premium Zinfandel from a top-notch vineyard in the Strathbogie ranges. Good fruit, but the real story comes from the making...
- After pressing off the skins from his latest Shiraz vintage, Sam decided to leave his Zinfandel soaking with the skins. Re-passing the wine over this skins means it picks up way more bold and intense flavours and you get a richer, bigger, powerful wine.
- Deep red in the glass and full of plush plums, spicy currants and velvety tannins. Perfect for sharing with friends.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- Luis is the genius behind some of our best-selling wines. His Montaria Reserva has racked up sky-high ratings over past vintages and this one is no different.
- Silky smooth, dangerous moreish and chock-full of jammy fruit flavours - if anything will prove that wine in a box is not to be sniffed at it's this!
- Luis has squeezed 3 bottles of wine worth into this box so it should last you a little while longer than the bottle...*Should*
The bone dry climate of Central Victoria meant these hardy little grapes were brimming with colour and flavour and Sam knew just what to do to show them at their best.
Deep red in colour with a soft tinge of purple, this beautifully balanced wine boasts a sweet and spicy character from the oak, alongside intense aromas of blackberries and blackcurrants.
As Sam says, ‘it’s a stylish and sophisticated, full-bodied red that also has a delightful freshness to it. Very classy stuff!’ Anyone else suddenly feeling very thirsty?
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- My Kimbao X is a celebration of 10 years making wines for Angels. Turns out that losing my 'nice and comfortable' job at a large Chilean winery was the best thing to ever happen to me - so thank you Angels!
- Nothing feels better than the freedom to create wonderful wines like this, for people who just love to drink it. I feel incredibly proud to be able to bring you this unique and special blend of Syrah, Cabernet, Malbec, Carmenere and Petit Verdot.
- It's an intense blend, full of ripe, juicy blackberries, raspberries and plums fruits and a hint of spice, with a rich, long finish. I hope it will take pride of place on many Christmas tables this year!
- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
Straight from the heart of his favourite wine region, the Uco Valley, comes Sebastian’s rich and elegant Reserve Malbec...
- The grapes came from a small, family-run vineyard that boasts 35 year old Malbec vines; no mean feat given the majority of Malbec vines weren’t planted until the grapes popularity boom in the 90’s! This means what you’re tasting is the proper good stuff.
- Intense ruby red in colour, its velvety smoothness, intense fruitiness and luscious lick of spice really bring this wine to the next level. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Sebastian got to showcase the true flavours of an Argentine Malbec and he couldn’t be more grateful.