New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
Love Hermano's super-smooth Galodoro Reserva? It's is now available as a deluxe 2.25L Boxed Wine - add one to your basket here
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- Beautifully smooth, juicy and easy-drinking - a unique blend of traditional Portuguese grapes with an added Cabernet kick.
- The vineyard is so close to the beautiful city of Lisbon that no-one thought of looking there... until now.
- Ripe and juicy fruits on the nose with a smooth and sumptuous mouthfeel, all wrapped up with a lingering velvet finish. Portuguese perfection.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- The grapes for my Agil are a combination of Aragonez and Trincadeira (which are local to the area of Estremoz where I live), and the well known Syrah variety. The vineyards that are used for this wine all sit around 400 metres above sea level, which help give a delicious freshness to this unique blend.
- I set up my winery only 12 years ago, and I've spent that time making my wines better and better. Angel funding has given me the chance to start planting new vineyards so that I will be able to bring my taste of Portugal to even more Angels.
- When you pour this wine the first thing you should notice is the deep ruby red colour, then once you take your first sip you will experience the intense flavours of well ripened red and blue berries with a slightly spicy finish - a great example of a medium bodied red from my area that I hope you will enjoy again and again!
Luis Louro, Winemaker
- N.B. This wine is topless, meaning the winemaker has chosen to bottle it without the foil wrap around the top of the cork to save on waste.
- This super-special Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) Port has aged for 5 years under Oscar's careful watch and the result is jaw-dropping.
- Previous vintages have never dipped below a 90% rating and this years is better than ever - our wine team were grinning from ear to ear when it first arrived!
- Smooth, rich, full bodied with layer upon layer of delicious fruits, it’s LBV in style but not in price - one sip and you’ll be hooked.
Tejo is one of Portugal's oldest wine regions and is steeped in winemaking tradition. The ancient rolling vineyards sit alongside the Tejo river - it's an utterly stunning landscape which goes hand in glove with the equally stunning quality of the wine produced there.
Thanks to the region's mega size and the fast running river flowing right through the middle, each winemaking zone comes with its own signature grape variety, and each of these in turn comes with a distinct and vibrant character. All this makes it the prime place to make a truly masterful blend.
- Our guy Luis stepped up to the mark, making his Angels a gorgeously lively, floral white blend. It's full of juicy tropical oompf and has a bright, zesty zip in the tail. It's like drinking a cool, cool glass of freshly squeezed lemonade on a scorching hot day.
- Mario Negreiros sells much of his grapes for port production - but he keeps the best back to make this stunning red.
- Think of a freshly picked black cherry - that's it with a little bit of black pepper and a hint of dark chocolate. All in all a moreish wine that keeps you coming back for one last sip.
- This wine is highly recommended with 'Beef Cozido à Portuguesa' which is a tasty, rich beef stew - or hot pot as we like to say in the good old fashioned UK.
- Mário and Catarina Negreiros have been working their cotton socks off on the newest vintage of their beloved NU - unctuous as ever and made possible thanks to Angel support, this Douro Valley beauty just seems to be getting better year on year.
- The first sip of this huge, full-bodied red is brimming with fresh and super succulent black cherry flavours, followed by an effortlessly warming touch of pepper and rich dark chocolate flavours on the finish. It's large and in charge but has some serious class to boot.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário and Catarina even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- Seven unique vineyards give rise to this wine. They all grow Alvarinho, but each is situated at a different altitude, has different sun exposure and the soils are different… the sum of all them comes together in this single and unique wine.
- My aim was to create a wine full of character and soul. It reached last year's Ambassador status of "Vinho Verde" – DOC, being voted one of the five best wines of the region, with the "Best Of" status.
- My Alvarinho is a wine full of fruity and floral aromas. It is intense and full of minerality, all this being a result of the unique climate that the Atlantic climatic region offers, combined with ancient vinification techniques that we use.