New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- Portugal is quickly becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers, Luis, is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
- This super-special Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) Port has aged for 5 years under Oscar's careful watch and the result is jaw-dropping.
- Previous vintages have never dipped below a 90% rating and this years is better than ever - our wine team were grinning from ear to ear when it first arrived!
- Smooth, rich, full bodied with layer upon layer of delicious fruits, it’s LBV in style but not in price - one sip and you’ll be hooked.
- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
Love Hermano's super-smooth Galodoro Reserva? It's is now available as a deluxe 2.25L Boxed Wine - add one to your basket here
If you’ve never heard of Alentejo before, that’s because the natives like to drink most of its wine themselves. The exceptional quality of its kit makes them a staple in up-market Portuguese bars and restaurants, so most of it gets gobbled up by the locals.
It’s a blend you might not have tasted before, of 60% Alfrocheiro, a native Portuguese grape, 30% Alicante Bouschet, and 10% Touriga Franca, which despite the name also has a good old Portuguese lineage. The palate has a lovely soft and smooth texture. We are talking moreish, easy-drinking heaven, from the master of Portuguese reds.
Angel backing over the years meant that in 2020 Luis could build a new high-tech, sustainable winery in Alentejo from scratch. Now he’s there on the ground for good, he can share the magic of this region with us every year. At £8.99 a bottle, his first Alentejo red should fly out the door.
Tejo is one of Portugal's oldest wine regions and is steeped in winemaking tradition. The ancient rolling vineyards sit alongside the Tejo river - it's an utterly stunning landscape which goes hand in glove with the equally stunning quality of the wine produced there.
Thanks to the region's mega size and the fast running river flowing right through the middle, each winemaking zone comes with its own signature grape variety, and each of these in turn comes with a distinct and vibrant character. All this makes it the prime place to make a truly masterful blend.
- Our guy Luis stepped up to the mark, making his Angels a gorgeously lively, floral white blend. It's full of juicy tropical oompf and has a bright, zesty zip in the tail. It's like drinking a cool, cool glass of freshly squeezed lemonade on a scorching hot day.
My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers. It's a complex wine with soft velvety notes, blackfruits mixed with vanilla, and a touch of spice. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- I'm excited that I could squeeze three bottles of my Reserva into this box so that Angels will be able to enjoy their Galadoro for a little longer. It's the same quality as you would expect from a bottle, but unlike a bottle, the box keeps the wine fresher and its flavours more lasting.
- Hermano has always been a huge fan of the pale and elegant roses of southern France... so he decided to create his very own version, with an added sprinkle of Portuguese sunshine.
- Gorgeously crisp and vibrant with tempting hints of red berries... this is all you're going to want to drink between now and September.
- Grab yourself a bottle or two and roast up some spicy chicken breasts - you won't be disappointed!
- Through all the valuable feedback I get online every day from the Angels, I've been asked many times for a typical Portuguese white.
- I finally decided I couldn't wait any longer! Naked Wines supported me from the start by helping me to raise the funds to get the best grapes possible to produce this delicious blend.
- My Branco has a delicious intense aroma. It’s beautifully well rounded yet fresh and pairs well with roasted salmon or other oily fish. I hope you enjoy it!