- It's been a bumper summer for the Savs with Angels sipping through the stuff at record pace. Despite the shelves being swept clean of everyone's crisp white fave, we wanted to make sure we kept you well stocked with only the best... so we dug deep into the little black book in order to find you the next big catch.
- This totally one-off Sav hailing from Marlborough won't leave you disappointed. The drought was lifted with the discovery of a handful of very rare (and it goes with out saying, down right delicious!) parcels of grapes, nestled in the heart of New Zealand's wine capital.
- Bright, zingy flavours of passionfruit and mandarin lift the palate to give you a crisp and peachy wine with plenty of punch. The brightest of bright citrus paired with a luxuriously glossy texture makes for the perfect Sunday afternoon aperitif.
- Rod's Reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal, without having to make any comprises on style and without having to cut any corners during this wines carefully tuned journey from barrel to bottle. No 'Vavavoom' was harmed in the making of this wine... thank you!
- Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay can stake an equally vibrant and intense claim to New Zealand's winemaking prowess.
- Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that will have you running to stock up the wine rack (the fridge, your friends wine rack... the list goes on) to the brim with this little number!
- For sheer drinkability it's hard to go past young Pinot Noirs from the fresh coastal air of the south island of New Zealand. I made this wine to try and encapsulate that and provide a look for those who live a long way from a unique place.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Dark and vibrant in the glass with strong fruit presence. Berries and plums sit beside a light oak touch for support. Ripe, with fleshy texture this is great drinking for any occasion and happily stands up to meals of all shapes and sizes!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- An elegant Pinot with a gentle touch. The Angels have been asking Bill & Claudia to make a New Zealand Pinot like this ever since tasting their amazing 2010 Sauv Blancs.
- The Smalls spent ages scouring the island looking for just the right vines, and they have struck gold! Mature vines on a sunny north-facing hillside in Marlborough, just screaming to be Naked.
- "Absolutely loved it, just what I've been looking for. Can't stop talking about it" said Angel Richard Coyne. We heartily agree!
- This isn’t your everyday Marlborough. Mike's a super-talented Sauvignon God and wields the grape with an elegance and finesse that you can taste in every drop.
- We're talking classic grassy, green, gooseberry laden fruit flavours, with a shock and awe approach to the term 'refreshing' that mainlines a citric buzz to the central nervous system.
- Crab linguine. Bottle of this. Unbelievable
- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!
- After the roaring success of their first Pinot Noir, we challenged Bill & Claudia to make us an extra-special reserve batch. We reckon this is their best yet.
- Named after their baby daughter Penelope, this reserve used the best fruit and had a little extra Small & Small love added.
- If you're looking for amazing quality Pinot, then look no further. And because it was made possible by our Naked Angels - it's a complete steal!
- It's little wonder why Pinot Noir is one of the world's most expensive wines to make. The grape's delicate skin and its tendency to love well-drained, steep mountainside vineyards mean that it's continuously hand pruned then finally hand-harvested to protect the delicate fruit flavours; it's a real labour of love and lesson in patience.
- Pinot Noir loves sunny warm days and cool, breezy nights, and 2018 didn't disappoint, ripening the grape to juicy perfection. The wine is bright and vibrant with red fruit flavours that are balanced by a complex savouriness, making it the perfect food-wine. Try pairing it with scrummy rosemary-infused roast veggies.
- The grapes for this elegant Pinot Noir grew in a teeny vineyard, in a premium grape-growing region that produces only 2% of NZ's wines. With just over 2000 bottles made, this elegant and refined Pinot Noir is a rare find, and there's no telling when we'll see the likes of it again.
- Phil Handford only makes one wine, Pinot Noir. It’s his obsession. And he makes some of the best on the planet. Hand picked from his own Central Otago vineyard, then lovingly cuddled in expensive French oak.
- Forget pricey Burgundy. When the French get their chops round this soft, elegant, seriously classy Pinot Noir from down under, they’ll be quaking in their vineyards.
- Vibrant and savoury, with fresh raspberry and cherry flavours, this is a complex, top-shelf red with subtle herbal notes, sweet spice and a lovely lick of oak.