- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- The boy met the girl and this is the love child. A product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- Light, zippy and classically fruit laden, this white will have your taste buds dancing for joy. A crowd pleasing all-rounder with or without food.
- A mixed fruit salad of aromas assaults the senses, with punchy fruit flavours of passionfruit, guava and lemon sherbet lingering on the palate.
- The quintessential Australian blend, the grapes for this wine were sourced from premium vineyards in the up-and-coming Langhorne Creek region of South Australia. This area is renowned for producing award-winning, delicious and very drinkable wines. So when an opportunity arose to source these beautiful parcels of fruit, it was seized!
- 2018 will be long remembered for its low yields of high quality grapes which produced a notable collection of graceful, elegant wines. The grapes were harvested at optimal ripeness to ensure no overripe characters crept into the finished product. The style of this wine is fresh, fruit forward and easy drinking - perfect for every day! With a generous, full flavour, the Mechanic Shiraz Cabernet offers layer upon layer of juicy fruit and outstanding length.
- Thank you so much to all the Angels that support us winemakers in doing the thing we love the most - making amazing, unique wines to share! I am so very happy to be bringing you my latest offering of Australian wines from some of my most favourite winegrowing regions. I can’t wait to hear from you all and look forward to your feedback, as what I do would simply not be possible without your support! I hope you enjoy drinking these wines as much as I’ve enjoyed making them. - Hamish Maguire, Winemaker
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
Hamish Maguire is a Naked superstar down under, but the Aussies love his wines so much they tend to keep it all to themselves, meaning very few have reached UK shores. Thankfully, we got a tip off that this one was a complete worldie, and we just had to get our hands on it.
McLaren Vale is already known for producing fine, indulgent reds that are a real step up from your typical Aussie bruiser. But the 2018 vintage was extra-special, with low yields of incredibly high quality grapes. So Hamish decided he’d kick things up a notch by making a barrel-fermented Shiraz in swanky American oak.
This is pure premium Shiraz. Stylish and elegant with that signature Shiraz power, and delicious notes of lush cherries, blackberries and luxurious spice. All the classic Aussie characteristics are there - power, spice, length, texture - but it isn’t a big, bold, in-your-face number, it’s more elegant… and extremely drinkable.
- From the Ebenezer region of the highly sought after Aussie Barossa Valley, comes this opulent and energetic red that is far from Scrooge like. In recent years Barossa has been making serious waves, and its name has become synonymous with everything there is to love about Australian wine.
- It's all thanks to winemakers like Giles who, with painstaking year round care, make sure their vines are meeting standards that are out of this world. The ripeness of his grapes means everything - Giles has been studying ripening patterns for years, so you best believe the beauties contained in each bottle of the Gilo Barossa were picked not a moment too soon, or too late.
- Mark our words, the difference this makes is BIG (as well as incredibly tasty). This Barossa is more balanced than 'blockbuster', with a clear brightness and refinement that reveals its elegant, textured style with each sip. The subtle spiced red fruit flavour and warming oak round up, is not one to be missed.
- Aromatics lovers rejoice! A & R's favourite old-world styles were the inspiration behind this delicate, semi-dry blend that's changing a few views on the classics.
- Predominantly made up of Gewurztraminer, Riesling and Pinot Gris, the stuff of off-dry dreams. Expect tropical fruit, minerality and a little sweet spice in the finish. Fragrant, delicate and full of finesse.
- Whatever you do, don't over chill this one - you'll lose the subtle flavours that make the wine so special. Take it out of the fridge when you order your Thai takeaway and try not to sneak a sip while you wait... go on, we dare you!
We sourced grapes from a handful of exceptional vineyards in two different subregions of the Barossa Valley – Kalimna in the west, which provided fruit with great fruit intensity and ripe flavours, and Ebenezer in the north, which yields fruit with great concentration, tannin and structure.
2020 was a very strong vintage for Barossa Shiraz and that’s reflected in this delicious wine. It’s a dense purple-black in the glass, with powerful aromas of blackberry and blood plum, and hints of vanilla, dark chocolate and star anise. The palate is opulent, with concentrated forest fruits supported by tobacco, mocha, graphite and toasty oak flavours. Full tannins and rich, ripe structure give the wine great power and a long finish.
It’s drinking beautifully now and goes wonderfully well with aged hard cheeses like gouda, cheddar or mimolette. But if you’re inclined to wait, it will age well over 6-10 years in optimum cellaring conditions.
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- This little beauty has always been a huge hit with the Aussie Angels ...now finally we've got our hands on it!
- This rich, elegant blend is Adrian and Rebecca's take on a Rhone classic. Take a long sip and let it wrap around your tongue like a velvety-smooth cashmere blanket - the perfect winter warmer.
- And because your Angel funding set Adrian and Rebecca up in business, they're giving you mates' rates.
- This is a red lover’s dream, full bodied and rich. It’s big, juicy and satisfying, with lovely hints of spice, strawberries and violets.
- Sam jumped at the chance to get some of the most sought after Zinfandel in Australia to turn it into liquid gold. By taking different grape parcels and fermenting them in slightly different ways, he’s added in layers of delicious complexity.
- This wine was made without any oak, so you can know that the fruit will do all the talking.