- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocha and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- This wine is produced from our estate vineyard in the Kalimna area of the Barossa Valley - home to some of Australia’s greatest and most famous Shiraz vineyards. Known for its unforgiving soils we felt it a perfect site to help pioneer the Zinfandel grape into Australia.
- This blend is really unique and it is rare to find these two varieties married into a holy union in the bottle. But the marriage really works. Naked Wines have trusted in my experience in Australia with Shiraz and experience in California with Zinfandel so I can be the lucky one pioneering this style for you.
- I love this wine. I love to drink it and I love to make it - the two grapes go really well together. The blend is very alluringly red purple, soft, smooth, medium bodied and easy drinking with lots of bright red flavours, touches of spice and pepper, and a beautiful structure!
Daryl Groom, Winemaker