Our flying winemaker Dom's favourite place to make wine is Puglia... and we can see why. This Primitivo is brimming with Italian sunshine.
His powerhouse of a red still packs a punch whilst retaining a velvety Italian elegance. It's gorgeously deep and dark and decadent, and so smooth it'll slip down far too quickly.
Thanks to Angel funding, it's a complete bargain. So you can afford to splash out on a big fat juicy steak to eat alongside it.
- Christian's Primitivo is dark and brooding with bags of intense fruit flavour. Heaven in a glass for red wine lovers.
Soaked in Italian sunshine, this wine is brimming with delicious lush dark cherry, juicy plum and an elegant velvety lick of spice.
Serve with a juicy grilled steak or your favourite flavoursome cheeses to really enjoy this powerful tipple.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- Since you have been an amazing Angel, backing talented winemakers like Dom, we wanted to 'wow' you with something a little extra, supercharged with big show-stopping flavours.
- To ramp up this luxury Italian red, Dom gave the juicy Primitivo grapes extra time on the vine to make them super concentrated and then treated them to some time in posh French oak barrels. The result is a wine with lovely complexity and a long, refined finish.
- Dom has bottled his bold and sumptuous number into a shiny 1.5-litre magnum. With lush berry fruits, warming spice, and a dash of velvety creaminess, it's guaranteed to leave you beaming.