New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- You've been lusting after a rich, ripe Zinfandel to get your chops around - so we asked Stephen to put his expertise (plus a big dollop of Californian sunshine) into this master class in a bottle.
- Icons have their status for a reason - and this wine is no exception. Packed to the brim with juicy, flavour-drenched fruit, and a velveteen smoothness that's as comforting as it is delicious.
- Your funding has made a BIG wine possible - and let's face it, you're not going to get a Zin this good anywhere else at this price. Snap up a bottle for yourself and enjoy it - particularly with succulent sausages and lashings of sweet 'n' savoury onion gravy. Heavenly.
Our flying winemaker Dom's favourite place to make wine is Puglia... and we can see why. This Primitivo is brimming with Italian sunshine.
His powerhouse of a red still packs a punch whilst retaining a velvety Italian elegance. It's gorgeously deep and dark and decadent, and so smooth it'll slip down far too quickly.
Thanks to Angel funding, it's a complete bargain. So you can afford to splash out on a big fat juicy steak to eat alongside it.
Matt's world-class Zinf is bold, yet luxuriously smooth. Overflowing with ripe blueberries, cassis, and elegant violet aromas, and on the palate it makes the mouth water with juiciness, with a decadent finish of coffee and spice too. In other words, the kind of wine that won't stay in the rack for long...
It's been earning rave reviews in the states, where the first three vintages have averaged a stonking 91% rating with US Angels. So when Matt mentioned a rare opportunity to create a special batch of his blockbuster new Zinfandel just for UK Angels, we could barely contain our excitement.
A super rare find from the historic California region of Contra Costa County, in Oakley, Matt sources his old vine grapes from an esteemed family vineyard where the owners have been farming for 5 generations! Sadly, while Oakley is a goldmine for high-quality Zinfandel, its grape-growers are straining under the pressures of urban sprawl. That's why, when we tasted this wonderful wine, we were more than happy to give Matt the extra funding he needed to invest in Oakley’s incredible vineyards and keep them going for generations to come.
- I was lucky enough to select three very special, sustainably grown vineyards, producing amazingly concentrated, inky Zinfandel with a lot of structure.
- I try to use a delicate touch to bring out the best in the fruit and really make the Zinfandel grapes shine in the soils I call home.
- Lavishing this fruit with lots of TLC in the winery, I've created a sumptuous, high-end wine that you can afford to open any day of the week.
Karen Birmingham, Winemaker
- Since you have been an amazing Angel, backing talented winemakers like Dom, we wanted to 'wow' you with something a little extra, supercharged with big show-stopping flavours.
- To ramp up this luxury Italian red, Dom gave the juicy Primitivo grapes extra time on the vine to make them super concentrated and then treated them to some time in posh French oak barrels. The result is a wine with lovely complexity and a long, refined finish.
- Dom has bottled his bold and sumptuous number into a shiny 1.5-litre magnum. With lush berry fruits, warming spice, and a dash of velvety creaminess, it's guaranteed to leave you beaming.