New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- My dear friends, I have some fantastic news for you. Firstly, I must say that if you ever believe in someone, don't ever give up as dreams are possible.
- My dream was to make a rosé Port, a delightful, light, slightly sweet, mouthful of sheer intoxication. Pauline, my Archangel argued, trapped the boss on an aeroplane for 2 hours, got more Angels on board and finally she persuaded Naked to make it happen!
- I'm absolutely overwhelmed and so proud that we all pulled together to help. My heart has soared and floated off the rooftops!
- 2020 was a very difficult year for Douro's viticulture. The challenge for Oscar was to be able to pick the grapes at the perfect ripeness. He visited the vineyard every other day to taste the berries to ensure the right timing. Now he can say all those visits were absolutely worth it!
- A deep and intense ruby-colored wine, ripe yet elegant with a fresh profile provided by the Touriga Franca grapes, and a nice structural, full-bodied character from the Touriga Nacional.
- The finish lingers on spicy, dark fruit and dark chocolate notes. Oscar has truly struck the perfect balance here, producing a bottle of what he calls 'happiness in a glass' direct from the Douro Valley.
If you’re a fan of Portuguese wines, you need to give critically-acclaimed winemaker Joao Pires’ brand new Aventureiro Tinto a whirl. This seriously moreish, fruity nectar is an absolutely classic Douro Valley red, made by a born and bred native of the region.
Having grown up among the riverside terraces and elevated vineyards of the Douro, Joao has an intricate knowledge of the region and knows where to find the best parcels of fruit. He was so excited to create this incredible new Tinto just for you, to show off the incredible quality and class his region has to offer.
It’s a delicious blend of 5 different Portuguese grapes all wrapped up in a warm oaky hug, with layers upon layers of flavour and complexity. It’s packed with rich dark fruits, bramble and liquorice, and notes of black pepper and olive with nice tannins on the finish. This wine is already super-yummy now, but give it a few years to age and that flavour and complexity will just multiply in heaps and spades.