Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
- The Best Wine in Spain over £10 according to Decanter - Gorka's gift to you.
- This may not be cheap, but if you're looking for a wine to fit a very special occasion, look no further.
- All the wonders one would hope for from a Rioja, plus those touches you know only comes from great hands - Gorka's. Bundles of rich rich rich red fruits, oak, tobacco and oodles of length. Splendid!
- To get the best out of this wine, Gorka recommends decanting it for an hour before drinking.
- Carlos has something a lot of winemakers don't - access to the very best grapes around, and first dibs on his favourites. That means he only makes wines that he feels truly passionate about - and boy, does it show.
- This top class Crianza is full to the brim with jammy, fresh strawberry flavour, all rounded off beautifully with young, creamy oak. Top that off with a hint of vanilla and you've got a wine fit for the finest.
- If you like Rioja, you owe it to yourself to taste just how good this grape can be. Perfect with a paella or whatever spicy tapas nibbles take your fancy.
- Carlos is a bit of a genius when it comes to making wine taste delicious and this one is no exception.
- This is classic Rioja. Smooth, creamy strawberry fruits, with a little touch of raspberry underneath, all wrapped up in a cloak of vanilla oak that makes the mouth quiver with anticipation. Stunning stuff.
- You don't get many Riojas at this kind of quality under a tenner. And when you do, you snap them up, just as we did
- This is quite possibly the tastiest Rioja you'll ever find. Why? Because Carlos is in the unique position of being able to buy the best grapes the region has to offer.
- What you probably don't know is, to make Rioja Reserva only the very last squeeze of juice is used. The result is 100% flavour.
- Rich, smooth and creamy. Drinking this is like putting on a set of silk pyjamas.
- It's not just common old Reserva, this is Gran Reserva - and in Spain this actually means something. Only top quality grapes are used - the grapes that have the best fruit, structure and intensity.
- Jorge leaves it to mature slowly, in toasty oak barrels to give it that mellow, smooth, caramel and vanilla flavour. Yum!
- One of our biggest ever sellers and we can absolutely see why. Pour yourself a glass of this belly warmer with big ol’ bowl of steamy stew. Perfection.
- We're not allowed to tell you the name of the super-famous Spanish region this wine comes from, but if you took a guess, you'd probably be right.
- Spain's best wine regions limit how much wine each vineyard produces (this means vines are selected for quality, not quantity). When there's a bumper crop any extra grapes are declassified and sold at a snip of the price.
- Using Angel funding, Carlos managed to find a premium parcel of Tempranillo for a steal, which makes this wine the ultimate bargain.
- Carlos is one of Spain’s most respected and experienced consultant oenologists. Which means he gets paid to travel all over Spain teaching wineries how to make their wines taste amazing.
- So it’s no surprise he knew where to lay his hands on some top-notch Tempranillo. It’s a hush-hush job as the fruit comes from Spain’s most famous wine region, which we're not allowed to mention (wink wink).
- This is light, crisp, and fresh as a daisy. With just the right hint of strawberries and cream. When it hits your chops you’ll know you’re drinking the good stuff
- Antonio is the definition of artisan, passionately producing wines from his century old family vineyards and scooping up awards and accolades as he goes.
- Using some of the best old vines from his family vineyard, Antonio has gone all out on this rich and smooth Tempranillo, giving it the serious VIP treatment exclusively for Angels in new French oak barrels.
- Fresh red fruits along with plums, licorice and a nice tobacco and peppery finish, rounded off by a lovely lick of oak. This is foodie wine with dinner party written all over it and will stand up to the biggest, meatiest dish you can congure up.
- So treat yourself, gather some friends, grab a bottle (or two!) of Antonio's Especial, cook up a storm and bask in the glory of your mates.
- Our vineyard is located on the banks of the River Duero, where the vines are grown on stoney alluvial soil. The grapes for the barrica and young wines are grown on clay and sandy soil, and the fertility of the soil ensures the freshness of the wine.
- We blended our young fresh wine with our barrica, and a touch of the MB Especial made for Naked Wines to produce this fruity full bodied wine.
- The wine is full of fruit, particularly dark forest fruits - and just at the finish you get a hint of the oak from the French oak barrels.
- Enjoy after letting breathe for a couple of hours with some Manchego cheese!
Antonio Diez Martin, Winemaker