If there’s one thing everyone knows about your man Sam, it’s that he doesn’t do anything by halves.
In 2018 he produced a plush Ripassare of such spectacular quality that it had Angels on their feet (I have a feeling you might remember it), and you better believe it was no accident.
It’s a highly skilled piece of work you see, where the juice is given a good soak on the skins of the fruit in order to deepen the colour and puts rocket-boosters on the flavour.
- Re-passing the wine over this skins means it picks up way more bold and intense flavours and you get a richer, bigger, powerful wine.
- Deep red in the glass and full of plush plums, spicy currants and velvety tannins. Perfect for sharing with friends.
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 90% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- Eddy bought this wine along to Summer Tour for our Angels to try and you guys went nuts for it so we just had to get his bottles over to Old Blighty!
- Only the best grapes have gone into this beauty, which has been aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to give it a sumptuous silky smoothness.
- Let the deliciously intense ripe fruit flavours and aromas wash over if you choose to drink it now. If you can bear to lay it down, however, this one will age beautifully for many years to come.
- Kobie is passionate about Syrah, it's the grape variety that won him his first award back in the day - and he's been on a winning streak ever since. He's witnessed firsthand the massive progress South African growers have made with Syrah and is now spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting the best parcels of fruit for his wines.
- This stunning Syrah is nothing short of a fruit-bomb explosion in the mouth with juicy red berry fruit flavours and a hint of rooibos and pomegranate that are typical of Syrah from Walker Bay.
- Global lockdowns have hit the family-run winery hard, but thanks to Angel funding, they can continue to source premium grapes from all over Western Cape and craft their high-end wines.