WE'RE NOT SURE
- Chalk Hill winemaker, Jock Harvey, turned the tide on how Australians approached their beloved Shiraz. For years, big blockbuster reds were the preferred tipple, but the McLaren Vale trailblazer demonstrated that South Australian Shiraz could be beautifully refined and elegant too. And his efforts haven't gone unnoticed in top wine circles
- Chalk Hill Luna Shiraz 2019 swooped in to take the coveted gold medal at the prestigious Vienna International Wine Challenge, defeating esteemed wines from across the globe.
- Vibrant red and dark fruits combine with warming spice and creamy walnut flavours; it's elegant with a long, silky smooth finish.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We love to do things a little left field and this is a blend we’d been talking about for a while! We were finally able to get our hands on some really great fruit and thought it would be a perfect fit for our eclectic A&R range.
- Your faith in us and our ability is incredible, and it makes us want to work as hard as we can to bring them the best possible wines we can make. We’d never be given the opportunity to make a style like this if we were working anywhere else – it’s something most other winemakers only dream of!
- Durif is a big, bold powerhouse variety and the Shiraz brings balance and structure, which together creates a well-rounded, full bodied, in-your-face kind of red. It’s still a very, very young wine and we highly recommend you decant, decant, decant. We’re really excited about it and can’t wait for you to try it.
Adrian and Rebecca, Winemakers