- This wine was a blast to make. Deciding on which varieties to put in the blend, spending time with the grower on how to deal with them differently, when to pick, how to process into wine - so many absorbing forks in the road and I loved every minute. Waipara makes beautiful aromatic wines and I was keen to put a different slant on this.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Beautiful, light and ethereal on the nose with quite a bouquet of lychee, citrus fruits and freshly picked white spring flowers. A fresh and lengthy palate carries the citrus fruits throughout with a hint of fruit sweetness but finishing dry. Great by itself or with light meals.
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Gerd’s new little number is 50% Riesling, 35% Pinot Gris and 15% Gewürztraminer. Because classic German wines are mostly single-grape varieties, you rarely get a blend this sophisticated.
- The Riesling gives it bags of backbone and complexity, and a delicious peach flavour. While the Gewürtz adds power and fragrance. The result is an aromatic blend of summer fruits and rose petals, with tropical citrus flavours and a long finish. A proper drop of class in a glass.
- After 25 years in the wine industry, he’s travelled widely and made award-winning drops in dozens of different countries. He’s also a respected wine consultant who flies all over the world advising other wine producers so you can be sure he really knows his stuff.