- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
Angels love finding new wines from off the beaten track. So when we looked beyond Stellenbosch and discovered Werner’s insanely delicious kit hiding out in a little town called Tulbagh, we thought, get in!
Pinotage is South Africa’s signature red grape and when handled properly produces some seriously impressive vino. Werner's has oodles of ripe berries, hints of vanilla and liquorice, and a lingering smoky sweetness that goes on forever.
This juicy number needs to breathe for a little first, then pair it with a nice leg of roast lamb and some herby potatoes. Stunning.
- Stephen has more Naked ratings than the President of the World Nudist Society, and we can understand why when he takes an unpopular grape like Pinotage and turns it into something very special - and all for relative peanuts thanks to Angel support.
- Dark damson fruits with an edge of prune, and a tinge of black cherry combine with milk chocolate to make this a heavenly tipple.
- Lamb chops, mint sauce, a bottle of this. Bingo...