New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- Stephen has more Naked ratings than the President of the World Nudist Society, and we can understand why when he takes an unpopular grape like Pinotage and turns it into something very special - and all for relative peanuts thanks to Angel support.
- Dark damson fruits with an edge of prune, and a tinge of black cherry combine with milk chocolate to make this a heavenly tipple.
- Lamb chops, mint sauce, a bottle of this. Bingo...
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
- Over the years at Moerbei Estate we've grown top quality Pinotage fruit, but all of it was sold to boutique wineries nearby. We decided to take our fruit back and show Angels how delicious this hidden jewel can be.
- Naked had the confidence to give us the Angel investment in advance to help with our first bottling. They believed in us, and we hope once you taste our Redridge Pinotage you will love it too!
- Our Redridge Pinotage is full-bodied yet elegant with crunchy red fruit flavours on the palate and a delightful smokey nose. This wine is truly South African and it would compete with the best Pinotage in South Africa.
Kobie & Faisal - Winemakers
- Danie’s vineyards sit in the Bottelary Hills - the second lowest yielding ward in South Africa. The ‘koffieklip’ soils here are clay rich, creating an amzazing intensity in its pinotage grapes - you won't find Pinotage of this kind of quality anywhere else in South Africa.
- The grapes are picked over two days – the first section is picked earlier, bringing the red fruit cherry flavours, whilst the second section brings darker fruit like plums and cassis.
- A real ‘braai’ enthusiast (South Africa’s answer to the BBQ), Danie wanted to craft a powerful wine that is perfect to enjoy alfresco with juicy meat, but that can also be cracked open and enjoyed on extra special occasions.
Angels love finding new wines from off the beaten track. So when we looked beyond Stellenbosch and discovered Werner’s insanely delicious kit hiding out in a little town called Tulbagh, we thought, get in!
Pinotage is South Africa’s signature red grape and when handled properly produces some seriously impressive vino. Werner's has oodles of ripe berries, hints of vanilla and liquorice, and a lingering smoky sweetness that goes on forever.
This juicy number needs to breathe for a little first, then pair it with a nice leg of roast lamb and some herby potatoes. Stunning.