- This wine was a blast to make. Deciding on which varieties to put in the blend, spending time with the grower on how to deal with them differently, when to pick, how to process into wine - so many absorbing forks in the road and I loved every minute. Waipara makes beautiful aromatic wines and I was keen to put a different slant on this.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Beautiful, light and ethereal on the nose with quite a bouquet of lychee, citrus fruits and freshly picked white spring flowers. A fresh and lengthy palate carries the citrus fruits throughout with a hint of fruit sweetness but finishing dry. Great by itself or with light meals.
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Vermentino is an emerging varietal in Australia. Despite the hot, dry conditions in which it is grown, it maintains a good level of natural acidity, which makes it very appealing as a varietal for Australia.
- My Dream Reality Vermentino has a lovely, lifted aromatic nose of white peach, with wild herbs and citrus blossoms. It is mouth-filling and juicy, with an intensely flavoured palate of zesty citrus and white stone fruits, with a lovely creamy texture and a refreshing, long finish.
- This Vermentino is a blend of the same wine, made as two parcels, in very different ways. One in a fresh, zesty and racy style, and the other in a more full bodied, complex and textural style. It offers great value as it's a unique offering that is very hard to find...and it's delicious!
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Scheurebe and Riesling grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
- Manzanilla is just as light and deliciously bone dry as it’s brother Fino - with the added punch of bright green apple.
- This Sherry simply sings with crisp clean flavour and a lovely hit for aromatics - all balanced with a nutty, super smooth finish.
- One of the finer things in life. Pop your feet up with a glass of this in one hand, and a handful of cured ham and smoked almonds in the other. Divine.
- Bill and Claudia don't do things by halves - and this beautifully crafted taste of the extraordinary is no different. Named 'Et Al' because it includes a little bit of everything glorious you'd expect from a fresh, fragrant white wine.
- From the moment you pour your first glass, you'll get the heavenly floral hints of Pinot Gris. Top that off with the refreshing crispness of cool-climate Pinot Blanc and a little Pinot Noir, and you have a wine that's steeped in gorgeous, rounded fruits with a lusciously luxurious finish.
- It is a little different, but that doesn't stop it from being downright delicious. Grab yourself a few bottles, lightly chill them and get ready to be (very pleasantly) suprised.
- Once again, Angel funding has given us the confidence and flexibility to produce the best and most interesting white wine possible at an accessible price.
- Our Al Fresco Blanc is a unique blend that highlights the aromatics of Muscat, the crispness of Sauvignon Blanc and the texture of Marsanne. Each was tended to separately before being carefully blended to create this deliciously quaffable white.
- This wine is a pale straw colour, with tropical aromas of grapefruit and pineapple and clean, crisp citrus flavours. It's a perfect match with Pad Thai on a crisp winter evening!
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- You asked for hidden gems, so we went in search of something new for you. We're thrilled to introduce Yiannis, our first ever Greek winemaker.
- The dream climate and growing conditions preserve the unbelievable aromas of the noble Moschofilero grape that is native to Mantinia... and Yiannis' vineyard.
- The result is a local wine of legendary fragrance. Aromas of intense lemony flowers fill your nose, while the crisp dry wine is full of pomegranate and citrus flavours - yum.
- As a Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay fanatic I thought these should be the leading components of the Angels Selection. After many days of blending and looking at possible partners for the Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay I stumbled upon this lovely third C called Colombard, the wine just lifted the already fruity nose into a new dimension.
- Naked helped me fund this amazing and exciting project. If not the case, these wines would have possibly been sold in bulk and this bottle of pleasure would never have been able to reach you. Well done Naked for having a nose to smell out the best.
- The Chardonnay gives this wine depth, a creamy mouthfeel and some exciting minerality, the pineapple and lovely tropical fruit come from the Chenin Blanc and the third C, Colombard just lifts the nose with citrus and a spicy edge on the finish. . . YUMMY!
- Thanks to your votes in the Winemaker of the Year competition, I was able to make this exciting new wine especially for Angels...
- One of my favourite grapes, Terret Blanc, combined with just a touch of Picpoul creates an exceptional, light, fresh wine, a wine with elegance and length. Thanks to your support and funding, Angels and Archangels, this wine can come back to life.
- And, as you probably all now know, every bottle that you enable me to produce, every bottle that you buy, every bottle that you drink, every bottle shared between friends or with your posts on Naked Wines, is another brick in the wall of my new winery!
Read more about Virgile and his amazing story in his book here!
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative high up in the Languedoc hills, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- his little-known wine won't be little-known forever and this vintage just picked up a medal at this year's IWC awards. So you really should get in now before everyone else does.