- Beautifully smooth, juicy and easy-drinking - a unique blend of traditional Portuguese grapes with an added Cabernet kick.
- The vineyard is so close to the beautiful city of Lisbon that no-one thought of looking there... until now.
- Ripe and juicy fruits on the nose with a smooth and sumptuous mouthfeel, all wrapped up with a lingering velvet finish. Portuguese perfection.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck - it's superb.
The perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
- Eddy bought this wine along to Summer Tour for our Angels to try and you guys went nuts for it so we just had to get his bottles over to Old Blighty!
- Only the best grapes have gone into this beauty, which has been aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to give it a sumptuous silky smoothness.
- Let the deliciously intense ripe fruit flavours and aromas wash over if you choose to drink it now. If you can bear to lay it down, however, this one will age beautifully for many years to come.
- This is the most popular and charismatic grape variety native to Bulgaria. Mavrud is part of our Bulgarian wine and general culture - I hope Angels will love it as much as we do.
- Naked Wines is using the most powerful tools – innovations and internet. Investing in winemakers and giving the opportunity for direct interaction between the customers and the winemakers is a revolution and fair game for each party – this win-win philosophy is very attractive to us.
- Spicy, fruity, oaky wine with a good maturing potential and typical local character. Very good acidity, with an abundance of stewed-fruit flavours on the palate with a herbal characteristic we hope you'll love.
Angel Angelov, Winemaker
- Introducing the Nero D’Avola. If this grape isn’t already on your radar, it should be as it’s responsible for some seriously elegant wines.
- Gracing the tables of Sicilians for centuries, this one’s dangerously quaffable and full to the brim of fantastic fruitiness. Think notes of plums and red fruits and a lively, fresh finish.
- If that doesn’t tempt you then surely the price tag will. At just £8.99, it may be time to fill the wine rack...!
- With a name like Domaine de Sainte Rose, it was inevitable that we made a rosé! We love rosé, so we knew we could make something really special for our Angels.
- Naked Angels have been hugely enthusiastic and encouraging of us producing a rosé, so Naked HQ backed us to give it a try! We are honoured and flattered that you have given us this opportunity to take this new wine out there and we hope you enjoy it.
- This is a fresh, full flavoured, luscious style of rosé, dry but bursting with strawberries and cream flavours and with a wonderfully silky smooth finish. All this but with enough backbone and structure to pair with light summer dishes in addition to being the ultimate aperitif!
Charles and Ruth, Winemakers
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
- The idea for my Syrah Graciano came to me when I was playing around with some wine during lunchtime, in one glass I had Syrah, and in the other Graciano. Syrah is grown all over the world, but central Spain has a perfect climate for this grape variety, since it needs a lot of sun, whilst Graciano is used in the blends of La Roja for adding freshness and structure.
- I really couldn't remember any other wines that blend these two grape varieties, as the regions that grow Graciano are usually too cold to also grow Syrah well. I mentioned this to Naked Wines and the next thing I knew they had said yes to my idea!
- This wine is a special blend that works very well, the freshness of the Graciano compliments the juicy, peppery Syrah so you get a wine that is full-bodied and elegant at the same time, bringing out the best part of both grapes.
- I have always wanted to make an all-inclusive, five varietal Bordeaux Blend, but never had the access to all five varieties - that is until this year! I stumbled upon a few gems in some special vineyards, and I could not resist the challenge to make this wine.
- This wine was born as an idea and only made a reality by the funds raised by the Angels. Thank you Naked Wines and Angels for making this amazing wine possible.
- On the nose there are black berries, black cherry pie filling, cedar and some mild coffee notes. The palate is packed with layered fruit, oak complexities evolving to a finely grained tannin and juicy fruity finish.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- I love the idea of creating, in the fields and in the winery something new every year. My wines are genuine and honest. I hope you can see this attention in the elegance, fineness and aromas of my Amarone.
- I use the ancient Italian tradition of gently sun drying grapes for 4-5 months to make the flavours even more concentrated and intense. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 30-36 months to give it the refined velvety complexity that Amarone is famous for. The result is a rich, elegant, grown-up wine to savour with someone special.
- The best reward for me is the recognition of my efforts and quality by the people enjoying my wines. So here's to you Angels! I can't wait to hear what you think.