Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- This wine is extra special to me. It was blended with a group of lovely Angels at the Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield... which also happens to be my birthplace!
- Boy did they do a good job. The result is this delicious 3 grape blend, predominantly unwooded Grenache with a dollop of Syrah and just a smidgeon of Mourvedre.
- The Grenache brings ripe and expressive fruit, think freshly picked raspberries sprinkled with cracked black pepper and a dribble of molasses. The Syrah adds weight and concentration, whilst the small percentage of oak aged Mourvèdre adds an extra dimension of savoury, spicy complexity.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- When we first bought the Jas de Bressy vineyards they were in a poor shape, however we were able to keep all the old vines on the estate to make this Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- As we harvest this estate at the end of the season we are able to harvest the whole bunch of grapes without desteming, as even the stems are ripe enough at this point. The wine we end up is very concentrated and requires much longer ageing in oak.
- Our Chateau Jas de Bressy is subtle and elegant, with the sort of robust red colour and dark fruit flavours you would expect from the highest quality Châteauneuf-du-Pape. While you can drink it now, if you were to wait for 10-20 years you will be able to see the flavours fully develop.
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker