- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
Katie carefully selected her vines from the sunny, south-facing lower slopes of the Black Mountain where she has put Angel funding to excellent use.
This easy-drinking red boasts simply sublime flavours of cherries and blackberries, coupled with a superb structure which makes it an utter delight to drink, but don’t just take our word for it…!
It’s the 2015 vintage meaning it has already aged nicely, so all you need to do now is pour a glass and savour every sip.