- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- From grape to glass, this is one wine Bordeaux fans won’t want to miss! It’s scooped up awards galore over the years and is drinking perfectly right now which is why we made sure we got our hands on it.
- Grapes from 30 year old vines and two years in plush oak barrels bring great structure, balance and elegance to this soft, silky and intensely fruity red.
- This is one of our Marketplace gems. That means there’s no fairytale story to tell, it’s just a great wine that was too good not to share. Marketplace wines are one-off wonders and once they’re gone, they’re gone so make sure you get your hands on this one before it’s too late!
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
Katie carefully selected her vines from the sunny, south-facing lower slopes of the Black Mountain where she has put Angel funding to excellent use.
This easy-drinking red boasts simply sublime flavours of cherries and blackberries, coupled with a superb structure which makes it an utter delight to drink, but don’t just take our word for it…!
It’s the 2015 vintage meaning it has already aged nicely, so all you need to do now is pour a glass and savour every sip.