- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- Bolgheri is a young yet prestigious appellation on the Tuscan coast. It is known mainly for its deeply coloured reds that have the ability to age exceptionally well.
The Clarice vineyards are located in the heart of the region, where there’s a perfect microclimate to produce wines that express all the power, character and elegance you could hope for.
It’s a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and it boasts the typical warmth of Mediterranean wines. Savour the delicious notes of fresh black fruits and touch balsamic scrumminess in this gorgeously rich red.
Katie carefully selected her vines from the sunny, south-facing lower slopes of the Black Mountain where she has put Angel funding to excellent use.
This easy-drinking red boasts simply sublime flavours of cherries and blackberries, coupled with a superb structure which makes it an utter delight to drink, but don’t just take our word for it…!
It’s the 2015 vintage meaning it has already aged nicely, so all you need to do now is pour a glass and savour every sip.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The grapes for my Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany with 18-year old Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
- Thanks to your funding we've been able to take extra care to create a Super Tuscan that will rival some of the best wines in the world.
- My Poggio di Guardia is a deep purple-red, with spicy black pepper that opens up towards liquorice, mint and blueberries. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more!
Stefano di Blasi, Winemaker