- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- Olivier has tailor made this blend exclusively for our Angels and you better believe he pulled out all the stops. He scoured the best vineyards in Bordeaux to source super luxe merlot and cabernet grapes...the result is all too gluggable.
- It has all the red berry juiciness and velvety quality of a Merlot with the smokey, spice and texture of a cab sav - the truest meaning of a 'win win'.
- A dead cert for those who drift between smooth reds and larger than life fruity reds. It elegantly treads the line between the two, making it a versatile choice guaranteed to impress.
- My Kimbao X is a celebration of 11 years making wines for Angels. Turns out that losing my 'nice and comfortable' job at a large Chilean winery was the best thing to ever happen to me - so thank you Angels!
- Nothing feels better than the freedom to create wonderful wines like this, for people who just love to drink it. I feel incredibly proud to be able to bring you this unique and special blend of Merlot,Syrah, Cabernet, Malbec,Carmenere and Petit Verdot.
- It's an intense blend, full of ripe, juicy blackberries, raspberries and plums fruits and a hint of spice, with a rich, long finish.
Bordeaux is famed the world over for producing complex wines full of fruit, depth, and flavour. But the thing about great Bordeaux wines is… they’re delicious, but you normally have to pay through the nose for them.
So when the opportunity to snag a high-quality Bordeaux blend - from an old-school family chateau - presented itself at this price, we leapt at the chance to bring it to you. It has all the scrummy fruit and complexity you’d expect from a classic French red, with beautiful cassis aromas of blackberry and blueberry, mixed with a touch of earthy spice. And it all carries through on the palate with a silky-smooth mouthfeel that slips down a treat.
This mouthwatering red is a real ‘old faithful’, guaranteed to put a smile on your face whatever the occasion. But it’s best enjoyed with a big French farmhouse feast. Treat yourself to a glass with some juicy slow-roast beef, garlicky potatoes and veg, then take a sip and you’ll be in Bordeaux heaven, without breaking the bank.
- From grape to glass, this is one wine Bordeaux fans won’t want to miss! It’s scooped up awards galore over the years and is drinking perfectly right now which is why we made sure we got our hands on it.
- Grapes from 30 year old vines and two years in plush oak barrels bring great structure, balance and elegance to this soft, silky and intensely fruity red.
- This is one of our Marketplace gems. That means there’s no fairytale story to tell, it’s just a great wine that was too good not to share. Marketplace wines are one-off wonders and once they’re gone, they’re gone so make sure you get your hands on this one before it’s too late!
- A bottle or a glass of Pomerol should always be a treat - and this one is no exception. It’s still a dark black-purple in colour, as you’d expect from the supremely generous 2018 vintage, with svelte, sweetly defined fresh plum and black cherry fruits billowing from the glass.
- On the palate, it is concentrated and deep with ample black fruit flavours (more plum than cherry), sustaining though unforced acidity and plenty of ripe skin tannins in soft, tongue-coating style.
- This ample wine is open and welcoming already -- indeed it’s hard to resist. But there’d be no harm, either, in keeping it for up to a decade: there’s plenty in its rucksack, and much fun to be had along the way."
Marie-Danielle Carles, Winemaker
Made in Lalande-de-Pomerol in the heart of Bordeaux, and right next door to Pomerol (home of the world-famous Petrus), this first-class French red has all the depth, richness, power and structure you’d expect from a luxury Bordeaux, but at a fraction of the price.
Long overshadowed by their more famous neighbours, Lalande-de-Pomerol wines have taken off in recent years, as those in the know realised you could find Pomerol-quality wines here for incredible value, like this little beauty.
It’s a special red wine, tailor-made to be shared with friends and family, with that lovely deep ruby colour in the glass. Then you take a sip and it’s beautifully lush and smooth, packed full of ripe dark and red fruits, with a hint of spice. Crack open a bottle of this with your mates, then just sit back and watch the jaws hit the floor.
We’ve made $5 million available to help struggling wineries to survive and come out the other side of this Covid crisis. The closure of bars and restaurants across the globe has been a disaster for the independent winemakers who supply them. The little guys, without connections to the big supermarkets, are the ones who are suffering the most.
Small-scale artisan winemakers in France are going through their toughest year in living memory. These guys rely on bars and restaurants, wine fairs and tourism to sell their wines, so they’ve really struggled. Millions of bottles of wine are stuck in cellars, going nowhere.With bills mounting, and the need to clear space for this year’s vintage, many winemakers are resorting to selling their wines in bulk to the government for a pittance, to turn them into hand sanitiser. That’s why we’ve decided to help.
A full bodied and spicy blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc, full to the brim with juicy black cherries with a dash of cassis. Antoine and Thomas’ aged this for 13 months in posh French oak barrels to give complex tannins and a long finish.