New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, it's the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
- What 4th generation winemaker Pierre doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing. He just seems to have the knack of making feel-good wine at a rock 'n' roll price.
- Pierre's Merlot is a treat - Seriously full-bodied with ripe fruits and a velvety finish. And thanks to Angel funding the price is sweet too!
- This is the perfect mid-week glugger. It'll go with everything from roast chicken to spag bol.
- It’s no accident Stephen’s an all-time Naked legend. You'd struggle to find many winemakers making better kit at £6.99 a bottle, and this Merlot is no exception.
- For starters it has one of the most intense black cherry fruit flavours that taste as if they've been whisked up with a shot of espresso and liquid dark chocolate. Add a hint of spice to the finish and you've got one hell of a mouthful of red wine.
- What's more, because its backed by our Angels, it's not only a great glass, but a pretty good bargain to boot.
If anywhere can provide an abundance of warmth and sunshine to ripen Merlot grapes optimally, and highlight its trademark ripe berry flavours, it’s the Western Cape.
Winemaker of the Decade, Carmen Stevens hand-picked the juiciest, ripest fruits from four distinct vineyard blocks in Paarl, Wellington, Swartland and Stellenbosch.
Each region has left its mark, resulting in a round and complex wine. For two of the blocks, Carmen left the grapes on the vine for an extra two weeks, to encourage ripe, juicy flavours. Thanks to some five-star oak treatment, this fresh Merlot has a silky-smooth finish
- I've used grapes from three different vineyards, including one elevated site in the Strathbogie Ranges, to make my Rebel Merlot. Each parcel was handled, fermented and matured in oak separately from the others, before finally blending and bottling.
- This is a special wine - I blended it with the Aussie Archangels! Along with the rest of my Rebel range this is a flavoursome wine with that typical Jen Pfeiffer "muscle" along with the softness and plushness that makes Merlot so appealing.
- My Rebel Merlot has a beautiful ruby red, purple colour, with ripe plum and cherry flavours with a touch of mint. It's rich, rounded and smooth with a finish that will keep you coming back for more!
Jen Pfeiffer - Winemaker
When a rookie winemaking couple abandoned their London lifestyle to take over the 18th-century Chateau Puynard - with its 7-generation winemaking history - they knew they had a lot to live up to. But since taking over in 2016, via a steep learning curve and a lot of hard graft, they’ve upheld the Chateau’s legacy and are making super-high-quality Bordeaux wines like this, that even won a gold medal from the International Wine Challenge.
This is a classic Bordeaux red, made using 100% juicy Merlot from a mix of vines up to 35-years of age. These older vines have roots that stretch deep into the clay and limestone soils, soaking up long-lost vitamins and nutrients that produce dark grapes with ripe tannins, perfect for making the type of complex, well-structured red wines this region is famous for.
Even better, since taking over the chateau, this fast-learning winemaker pair have introduced a raft of new eco-friendly practices in the vineyard, to keep the land (and their grapes) as healthy and natural as possible. It’s a brilliant tale of tradition meeting the future, and it means you get to enjoy this delicious Bordeaux wine with a green conscience. C'est magnifique!
- If you like the lovely mix of ripe black cherry and bitter red cherry fruit that often typifies Merlot - then you're going to love this full-bodied, ever so slightly butch take on the grape variety.
- Rich, chocolatey and full of punchiness, it leaves you wanting mouthful after mouthful - which is not bad considering it's punching well above its weight in the value/quality stakes.
- Patricio is one of our most highly rated winemakers. You simply can't get enough of him. Which is why we now stock his Reserve collection.
- Connie reigns supreme over the Chilean winemaking scene and this gorgeous Merlot is a testament to that fact - velvety smooth and perfectly balanced, it's not one to miss.
- This award winning Chilean superstar makes this wine exclusively for us and over delivered every step of the way (in true Connie style)!
- It is the Rolls Royce of Chilean Merlot - with elegant flavours of blackberries and plums, this tips the perfect balance between elegance and well rounded fruityness. The ideal drop to serve up with grilled meats and salsa.
- This wine is a blend of Merlot from three different vineyards - two of which are from the family vineyard, and one from Cheshunt, in the upper reaches of the King Valley. Once the grapes reach the winery they get the Rolls Royce treatment! Each parcel was fermented and matured separately in 225 litre French oak barriques before blending and bottling.
- My Diamond range are Angel favourites, and my Diamond Merlot sure packs a punch in the flavour department - you will be hard pressed to find another Merlot for less than £20 that can compete with its depth and fullness of flavour, which is the beauty of how Angel support benefits everyone.
- My Diamond Merlot has a lovely dark red/purple colour with lovely dark cherry and berry, dried herb and toasty new oak aromas, and ripe berry fruit flavours that move into milk chocolate and red berries, with rich tannins to help with the length.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- We’ve made $5 million available to help struggling wineries to survive and come out the other side of this Covid crisis. The closure of bars and restaurants across the globe has been a disaster for the independent winemakers who supply them. The little guys, without connections to the big supermarkets, are the ones who are suffering the most.
- When Covid hit, South Africa’s strict lockdown dealt a huge blow to his small family winery. They previously sold 90% of their wine to restaurants and bars around the world - so the sudden global closures hit them hard. Reenen turned to us, and in one single order we rescued half of his winery’s annual production. It's been a total game changer for Reenen’s small business.
- A complex, deep ruby red Merlot with gorgeous cherry and wild berry flavours and a long, velvety finish. Reenen likes to drink it with good friends over a roast chicken dinner. Simple, but delicious.