Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
Stellenbosch is the beating heart of the South African wine industry. It has the perfect soils and climate to make some of the best Merlot on the planet.
Lucky for us, Johan’s connections there include some of South Africa’s winemaking top brass. So when a mate of his made a vintage of one of the country’s most sought after Merlots, Johan used all his charm (plus a dollop of Angel funding) to snaffle a parcel up for you.
From the first sip it’s velvety soft and silky, like proper Merlot should be. With big warm hugs of red fruit. To really lift the flavour and intensify the lovely rich finish, Johan’s added a cheeky splash of Malbec.
- This wine is a blend of Merlot from three different vineyards - two of which are from the family vineyard, and one from Cheshunt, in the upper reaches of the King Valley. Once the grapes reach the winery they get the Rolls Royce treatment! Each parcel was fermented and matured separately in 225 litre French oak barriques before blending and bottling.
- My Diamond range are Angel favourites, and my Diamond Merlot sure packs a punch in the flavour department - you will be hard pressed to find another Merlot for less than £20 that can compete with its depth and fullness of flavour, which is the beauty of how Angel support benefits everyone.
- My Diamond Merlot has a lovely dark red/purple colour with lovely dark cherry and berry, dried herb and toasty new oak aromas, and ripe berry fruit flavours that move into milk chocolate and red berries, with rich tannins to help with the length.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- Old Naked favourite Thomas Hordern returns with the new vintage of his super smooth Merlot.
- This wine is oh so inviting with gorgeous, luscious dark berry aromas on the nose.
- Its beautifully rounded palate is silky smooth with berries jumping out, and a little spice that lingers and lingers....
Straight from a gorgeous little vineyard in the breathtaking Hunter Valley comes Thomas’ Wiley Rooster Rose. He gushed at how great the land was to work and says it produced something really rather special in 2018 which he couldn’t wait to share with Angels, and here it is!
Beautiful pale pink in colour with aromas of fresh strawberries and a subtle hint of Turkish Delight, this is a fresh, well-balanced and utterly delicious rose that we just can’t get enough of.
Thomas says this one is best enjoyed with some fresh seafood, a delicious cheese platter or simply by itself, curled up with a good book.
- This prestigious Bordeaux is sourced from some of the best Grand Cru vineyards of St Emilion, and finished by winemaking wizard Jonathan Maltus.
- Concentrated yet elegant, generous but silky soft, and as proudly plush as they come, thanks to ageing in no expense spared French Oak barrels.
- This is the seeeriously good stuff that you won't want to share. We suggest grabbing yourself a bottle and booking yourself an evening with a good film, and a better cheese board. You won't be disappointed.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- It’s no accident Stephen’s an all-time Naked legend. You'd struggle to find many winemakers making better kit at £6.99 a bottle, and this Merlot is no exception.
- For starters it has one of the most intense black cherry fruit flavours that taste as if they've been whisked up with a shot of espresso and liquid dark chocolate. Add a hint of spice to the finish and you've got one hell of a mouthful of red wine.
- What's more, because its backed by our Angels, it's not only a great glass, but a pretty good bargain to boot.