- Virgile Joly is a minor genius with the Merlot grape, and he's come up trumps with this little number...
- In the mouth it's a fruit bomb of juicy red cherries and berries and, once the initial explosion settles, you are left with just a touch of wood smoke. Bloomin' lovely!
- A hunk of red meat, lots of roast potatoes, a smidge of veg (to keep mum happy) and a case of this. That's Sunday sorted.
- Connie has an eye for quality grapes and when she discovered these beauties nestled in the Maule Valley, she knew she was on to a winner.
- From 35 year old vines, these grapes get oodles of sunshine and crisp cool nights keeping the wine fresh but packed full of soft and juicy blackberries, cherries with a dash of smooth, silky chocolate.
- Connie only uses the best French oak for this wine and you can taste the spicy, complexity. The perfect wine to crack open with your friends and family.
- Chile was made to grow Merlot - 300 days of sunshine a year, high altitude, and just the right amount of water all help to ripen the grapes to fat, juicy perfection.
- Juan is a one-man dynamo. With the help of his family and the local village he gets the job done. No consultants, no sales managers, no agents, which is why the price is so damn low.
- Generous and fruity, Juan's Merlot glows ruby red. Think blackberry compote with hints of soft pepper and coffee.
- Jonathan is ridiculously talented and living in a house bordering the banks of Bordeaux. And how did he get there? By producing some of the most sensational Garagiste wines you'll ever taste.
- You'll taste the brooding, delightful depth of ripe fruit - simply packed with juicy, mouth-wateringly rich flavour. Jonathan sourced pristine fruit from outside his winery and aged it in 100% new oak, to take it from good to sublime.
- A (very famous) previous vintage of Jonathan's wine scored a whopping 100 Parker Points - and accolades just don't come any higher than that. Go and grab yourself a bottle while you can...
- What 4th generation winemaker Pierre doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing. He just seems to have the knack of making feel-good wine at a rock 'n' roll price.
- Pierre's Merlot is a treat - Seriously full-bodied with ripe fruits and a velvety finish. And thanks to Angel funding the price is sweet too!
- This is the perfect mid-week glugger. It'll go with everything from roast chicken to spag bol.
- This wine is a blend of Merlot from three different vineyards - two of which are from the family vineyard, and one from Cheshunt, in the upper reaches of the King Valley. Once the grapes reach the winery they get the Rolls Royce treatment! Each parcel was fermented and matured separately in 225 litre French oak barriques before blending and bottling.
- My Diamond range are Angel favourites, and my Diamond Merlot sure packs a punch in the flavour department - you will be hard pressed to find another Merlot for less than £20 that can compete with its depth and fullness of flavour, which is the beauty of how Angel support benefits everyone.
- My Diamond Merlot has a lovely dark red/purple colour with lovely dark cherry and berry, dried herb and toasty new oak aromas, and ripe berry fruit flavours that move into milk chocolate and red berries, with rich tannins to help with the length.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
Charles and Ruth love Merlot and they love a good Merlot even more. And this is just that. They took these hand selected top notch Merlot grapes from their sun drenched vineyards in Saint Rose and made another corking wine.
All that Southern French sunshine is what Merlot needs to make this stunningly full bodied, velvety drop just bursting with plummy fruit with a touch of chocolate.
This rich and fruity red is just right with any mediterranean-style food from antipasti to ratatouille with every shade of pasta in between.