- Pierre, has lived up to his reputation as our resident Rhone Valley master once again with his brand new Rhone Blanc made from the best Grenache grapes in the region.
- It's a glorious pale sunrise gold in colour, with a refreshing floral nose. You get a lot of bang for your buck in the flavour department - this is a wine with the length, balance and complexity you'd expect from a classy French number that's three times the price.
- Pierre runs a tight ship and works as closely as he can with the grapes to make sure he's keeping flavours as concentrated and elegant as possible whilst also keeping his process super clean and sustainable.
- Small-scale artisan winemakers in France are going through their toughest year in living memory. These guys rely on bars and restaurants, wine fairs and tourism to sell their wines, so they’ve really struggled. Millions of bottles of wine are stuck in cellars, going nowhere. That’s why we’ve decided to help.
- This is a crisp, bright white Rhone - refreshingly clean with exotic hints of tropical fruits and sweet floral aromas. In other words, it's a classy number.
- The process taken to make such a top notch tipple however, is notably 'hands off'. The grapes have been matured in traditional concrete vats and kept out of contact with the air for at least 8 months. This minimalist approach has really reaped the benefits, making for fuller flavours.
- Denis' debut Cru Cairanne Red left a standing ovation in its wake, and we can all agree it's about time for an encore!
- He's returning to our wine racks with the Cru Carianne Blanc. The grenache blanc grapes Denis uses are a real rarity so he's been sure to roll out the red carpet for each and every one. The grapes are harvested at dawn and picked individually to ensure he's working with the creme de la creme.
- Aromatic and fresh on the nose with pears and stone fruits coming to the fore when given a little time to breathe. Stands very well on it's own as an apperitif, with a bold roundness and crisp finesse.
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that this was a particularly small but big hitting vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- She needs no introduction... Katie Jones is a longstanding Naked legend and her wines have grown to certified staple status in Angel wine racks. With a little help from our Wine Guy, Ray, Katie set out to make her ultimate white wine.
- A bit like us, Katie is one for the underdog. Fed up with seeing white vineyards in her area being ripped out from the root, she took it upon herself to fight their corner. Discovering and shining a spotlight on underrated grapes is very much Katie's forte, so with her brand new Grenache Gris Grenache Blanc, she has done just that.
- This is a polished, full blend of the two Grenache grapes, that boasts subtle yet crisply defined flavours of green apples, fragrant peaches and apricots. The two grapes create a dreamlike combination of a lightness of touch and a full round texture.