New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
Well this is something quite extraordinary. Following the smash-hit success of his Domaine Saint Jean rosés, Benjamin’s smashed it out of the park again with this refreshingly fruity and aromatic white from the very heart of Provence.
Benjamin’s Luberon vineyards are perfectly placed to make first-class, elegant white wines like this. Here’s why… Firstly, the sandy, clayey, and deep limestone soils give the tension and freshness you need to create well-balanced wines with good minerality. Secondly, the altitude of his vineyards (around 250 metres above sea level) and cool winds of the south of France regulate the climate, meaning a later harvest and more time for the grapes to ripen and develop delicious flavours.
The old Grenache Blanc provides roundness, length and vividness on the palate. While the Vermentino brings the aromatics and the elegance. Together, the two grape varieties match perfectly in a mouthwateringly refreshing wine with hints of citrus and peach on the nose, and some floral elements. The palate follows on well, with a juicy, textural mouthfeel. This is one wine that’ll leave you super-satisfied and smiling from the first sip to the last.
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that this was a particularly small but big hitting vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- Denis' debut Cru Cairanne Red left a standing ovation in its wake, and we can all agree it's about time for an encore!
- He's returning to our wine racks with the Cru Carianne Blanc. The grenache blanc grapes Denis uses are a real rarity so he's been sure to roll out the red carpet for each and every one. The grapes are harvested at dawn and picked individually to ensure he's working with the creme de la creme.
- Aromatic and fresh on the nose with pears and stone fruits coming to the fore when given a little time to breathe. Stands very well on it's own as an apperitif, with a bold roundness and crisp finesse.
- She needs no introduction... Katie Jones is a longstanding Naked legend and her wines have grown to certified staple status in Angel wine racks. With a little help from our Wine Guy, Ray, Katie set out to make her ultimate white wine.
- A bit like us, Katie is one for the underdog. Fed up with seeing white vineyards in her area being ripped out from the root, she took it upon herself to fight their corner. Discovering and shining a spotlight on underrated grapes is very much Katie's forte, so with her brand new Grenache Gris Grenache Blanc, she has done just that.
- This is a polished, full blend of the two Grenache grapes, that boasts subtle yet crisply defined flavours of green apples, fragrant peaches and apricots. The two grapes create a dreamlike combination of a lightness of touch and a full round texture.