New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Benjamin has really pulled it out of the bag with this new vintage of his rose, making it easy to see why he is one of the best selling winemakers on Naked.
- Think freshly crushed strawberries with a couple of raspberries thrown in to boot, combined with freshly whipped cream and a nice sharp bite. Top-drawer rosé and fresh as a morning daisy.
- Ben gets his grapes for this wine from a cooperative high in the Languedoc hills - so you're getting boutique quality rosé for a supermarket snip!
Love Ben's super crisp and refreshing Pique Nique Rose? It's is now available as a deluxe 2.25L Boxed Wine - add one to your basket here
When Ben first launched this mouthwatering Grenache in 2018, it was only supposed to be a one-off. A special parcel he’d sourced from a Languedoc mate. But when Angels tasted it, they fell in love at first sip, and pretty much demanded a second vintage. So we gave Ben the freedom and the funds to make this wine his own, and make it even better.
With its hardy ancient vines, warm Mediterranean sunshine and cooling windy hillsides, the Languedoc has ideal conditions for producing juicy, late-maturing fruit that’s full of flavour. And Ben was painstaking in his search to find and use only the cream of its Grenache crop.
Finally, he went to work in the winery, combining his skills as a master blender with his intimate knowledge of Angel tastebuds to create this rich and silky red that’s become a must-have for fans of Ben and his wines. It’s packed full of juicy fresh raspberries and strawberries with a dark delicious undercurrent of sweet spice. As close as you’ll get to Chateauneuf-du-Pape quality in the Languedoc.
Charles and Ruth Simpson’s richer, more refined style of Grenache uses 65 year-old vines from their Languedoc vineyards. The low-cropping old vines “from two of the most coveted vineyard blocks on the domaine” deliver super-concentrated fruit, and the resulting wine is packed with rich red fruit flavours and delicious herbal notes from the wild thyme, rosemary and lavender growing in the vineyards.
Taking it up a notch, Charles & Ruth added extra power and punch by leaving the grapes to concentrate on the vines for an extra week before harvesting. And they used a greater proportion of whole bunches in the blend, while keeping the wine on skins for longer, to extract more soft ripe tannins. They then aged 25% of the juice in the poshest French oak Taransaud barrels, to provide extra complexity.
On the nose, you get lovely oak spice notes of clove and nutmeg, with sweet red fruit aromas coming in behind. More of that lush fruit comes through on the palate with red plums and cherries in balance with some powerful oak influence and more clove spice. A special wine with lots of staying power.
- Your super-sized magnum of Languedoc rosé is everything you’d look for in an expensive Provence rosé. Same Grenache grapes, same pale pink colour, same delicious red fruit, but at a fraction of the cost you’d pay 100 miles up the coast.
- Think freshly crushed strawberries with a couple of raspberries thrown in to boot, combined with freshly whipped cream and a nice sharp bite. Top-drawer rosé and fresh as a morning daisy. This is one bottle you’ll definitely want to show off.
- Working with Naked has meant Ben can pay the growers fair-trade prices, which makes all the difference. The quality of the fruit he gets from them is the best money can buy. And for his rosé, he only sources vineyards that are grown, pruned and managed year on year to produce quality rosé, and nothing else.
- Lirac is bang next door to Châteauneuf-du-Pape. But it doesn't have the posh name on the label, so it's a darn sight cheaper.
- With a buxom body and oodles of juicy fruit, this classic Southern Rhône blend is a the perfect dinner date.
- With plums, raspberries and blackberries by the bucketload, followed by cloves and liquorice and beautifully soft tannins. Virgile's Lirac leaves stale supermarket Châteauneufs in the shade.
- Lots of Angels pay a visit to our tasting room whilst on holiday in South Africa... and they all go crazy for the Pink Panacea.
- Thanks to Angels asking for it in the UK, we managed to get the Angel funding to add it to our Naked range!
- Our delicate coral pink rosé is made from the Grenache grape. Each mouthful is packed with delicious strawberry and raspberry fruit with a refreshingly dry and crisp finish. It's the perfect summertime sipper.