- Benjamin has really pulled it out of the bag with this new vintage of his rose, making it easy to see why he is one of the best selling winemakers on Naked.
- Think freshly crushed strawberries with a couple of raspberries thrown in to boot, combined with freshly whipped cream and a nice sharp bite. Top-drawer rosé and fresh as a morning daisy.
- Ben gets his grapes for this wine from a cooperative high in the Languedoc hills - so you're getting boutique quality rosé for a supermarket snip!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Because Carlos works as consultant winemaker for several leading wineries, he has the pick of amazing grapes from all over Spain. And of course, he only picks the best which is why this cheeky little red is on our list.
- Made from 100% Garnacha (also known as Grenache), this tummy warming red has fruit by the bucket load. "Perfect for Sushi", says Carlos...who are we to argue?
- At this price you can afford to drink Morum every day. So you might as well start now!
WE'RE NOT SURE
In August 2018 Angels voted for Charles and Ruth Simpson to make a richer, more refined style of Grenache using 65 year-old vines from their Languedoc vineyards.
The low-cropping old vines “from two of the most coveted vineyard blocks on the domaine” delivered super-concentrated fruit, and the resulting wine was packed with rich red fruit flavours and delicious herbal notes from the wild thyme, rosemary and lavender growing in the vineyards. No wonder it sold out.
- Now they’ve taken it up a notch, adding extra power and punch to the new vintage, taking it into proper Châteauneuf territory - 25% of this vintage went into expensive French oak Taransaud barrels. That has provided some additional complexity to the wine.
- Charles and Ruth also used a greater proportion of whole bunches in the blend, and kept the wine on skins for longer, extracting more soft, ripe tannins. Finally 2019 was a riper vintage and the resulting wine is bigger, juicier, and more concentrated than its elegant and softer cousin of 2018.
- Ben has hand picked all the top-notch Grenache grapes in the region to go into this wine and boy can you taste it.
- Packed full of juicy fresh raspberries and strawberries with a dark delicious undercurrent of dark sweet spice.
- This wine is absolutely perfect for your Sunday roast pork. Crack it open and share with your nearest and dearest.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Lots of Angels pay a visit to our tasting room whilst on holiday in South Africa... and they all go crazy for the Pink Panacea.
- Thanks to Angels asking for it in the UK, we managed to get the Angel funding to add it to our Naked range!
- Our delicate coral pink rosé is made from the Grenache grape. Each mouthful is packed with delicious strawberry and raspberry fruit with a refreshingly dry and crisp finish. It's the perfect summertime sipper.