Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
- Nestled between the banks of the Meduna and Tagliamento rivers in northern Italy, sits Nicola's vineyard. With some of the richest soil in the region it doesn't come as a shock that this Gewurztraminer is one of the freshest and most concentrated we've seen for quite some time.
- The exceptional natural surrounding of Nicola's vineyard means everything for the quality of his grapes - not only do the river banks provide lush minerality, but the Alps also play a major role in regulating the temperature of the vines. Perfect natural balance reigns supreme from the beginning of the process to its end.
- The result? A full bodied wine with an intense wheel of aromas - tropical fruits and roses are delicate on the nose, and bold on the palette. 10/10.
- Jean-Claude is totally in tune with his vineyards. He knows them like the back of his hand and that they boast a totally unique combination of conditions - the quality of the soil and air, as well as the exposure to sunlight and wind here produce luxuriously intense flavours that are very hard to come by.
- He exclusively handpicks the best of the best from his vineyards before they are pressed and sent into the cellar for some TLC in traditional oak barrels.
- "Faint honeysuckle notes have an edge of lemon on the nose of this wine. The palate majors on youthful freshness, citrus aroma and fruity ease with its slender, off-dry body. This wine is vivacious and summery."