New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
Although I’ve been making Gewurz for over 12 years now, this is the first one I’ve made for Angels to enjoy!
I selected two parcels - one light and breezy, the other more richly aromatic. Blended together they create a Gewurz that’s full on the nose with, lychee, ginger spice and stonefruit aromas.
- This is a wine that’s able to stand up to food but also delicious as an aperitif. It’s a great allrounder (like Ben Stokes!). If you like texture in your white wines without oak then this could be for you. Just remember, although this is relatively rich, it’s a ‘drink young’ style of Gewurz!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Aromatics lovers rejoice! A & R's favourite old-world styles were the inspiration behind this delicate, semi-dry blend that's changing a few views on the classics.
- Predominantly made up of Gewurztraminer, Riesling and Pinot Gris, the stuff of off-dry dreams. Expect tropical fruit, minerality and a little sweet spice in the finish. Fragrant, delicate and full of finesse.
- Whatever you do, don't over chill this one - you'll lose the subtle flavours that make the wine so special. Take it out of the fridge when you order your Thai takeaway and try not to sneak a sip while you wait... go on, we dare you!
- A couple of years ago Bill and Claudia made their first ever Gewurztraminer thanks to Angel funding. It went down an absolute storm so we begged them to make some more...
Once again they have worked their magic, with this wine oozing classic Gewurz flavours and aromas. We’re talking rose petal, spices and a plethora of exotic deliciousness.
It’s full-flavoured, beautifully balanced with a slightly off-dry finish and they hope you love drinking it as much as they loved making it!
- Nestled between the banks of the Meduna and Tagliamento rivers in northern Italy, sits Nicola's vineyard. With some of the richest soil in the region it doesn't come as a shock that this Gewurztraminer is one of the freshest and most concentrated we've seen for quite some time.
- The exceptional natural surrounding of Nicola's vineyard means everything for the quality of his grapes - not only do the river banks provide lush minerality, but the Alps also play a major role in regulating the temperature of the vines. Perfect natural balance reigns supreme from the beginning of the process to its end.
- The result? A full bodied wine with an intense wheel of aromas - tropical fruits and roses are delicate on the nose, and bold on the palette. 10/10.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.