- My Old Vines Chenin Blanc comes from a very unique older vineyard, planted in 1977 on the Voorgroenberg Mountain in Wellington at around 400 meters above sea level.
- These older vines give lower yields, thus a big concentration and complexity of flavors with the decomposed granite soils adding deep mineral and fresh natural acid characters, making it a world class example of what Chenin Blanc can taste like.
- Granite, dusty minerality, quince, citrus, pineapple and herbs come together on a complex nose, with these flavours following through on the palate. The palate is fresh, delicate, yet powerful and rich all at the same time, in typical Old Vines style.
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- Bruwer has won every award under the sun - and rather than letting success go to his head, he always keeps some in reserve for his favourite Angels.
- After making his super duper premium flagship wine, he had a few grapes left over and he's sharing them with YOU.
- Wines by such an iconic winemaker shouldn't come this cheap. Fresh as a daisy, drinks best whilst young, which is great because you won't be able to stop yourself from drinking it up right away.
- The elegant and refined off-dry style is the traditional style of still Vouvray. We work hard in the vineyard, selecting golden Chenin Blanc grapes as they ripen in late summer – to give our Vouvray that edge.
- The taste is quince and ripe pears with a twist of natural freshness - with complexity and depth. Top Vouvray like this is really versatile… we drink it cold with friends as an aperitif or with supper.
- We get such a kick out of the act of creating wine, from planting the vines through to seeing customers enjoy it. The label says it all - Les Jours Heureux… Happy Days!
Cyril and Catherine, Winemakers
- Naked USA have had this wine for years and Angels across the pond just can’t get enough of it so we thought we should get our hands on some to see what all the fuss is about...
- Unlike previous vintages, this time Alex personally picked which blocks of Chenin to use - meaning this years’ is better than ever. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that she could invest so much more time and money into the project so consider this her thank you to you!
- Crisp, fresh and a real everyday glugger - make sure you drink this one whilst it’s young to make the most out of all those delicious citrus flavours (although if you did wait a bit longer these would develop into gorgeous tropical notes so we guess it’s a win win!)
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen de Wet describes his Chenin as rich and racy, and we'd have to agree! With crisp apple flavours and a wisp of creaminess, it's a sure fire winner.
- A multiple-award winning wine in South Africa. We're confident you won't find a Chenin of this quality for less anywhere else.
- It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that if nearly 60,000 people said they'd buy it again then there's something good going for it. Something very good