- Although it is considered one of the six original red varieties of Bordeaux, it is in Chile where the most vineyards of Carménère are planted. Angels kept asking us to make a 100% Carménère, and we couldn't resist the opportunity. We found the best fruit for the Gran Reserva label, concentrating the rich flavours with oak ageing.
- Naked Wines has supported us, first by trusting in our abilities as winemakers and secondly by providing the money we needed to get our hands on the best grapes and French oak barrels.
- The Carménère is distinguished by a deep purplish-red color, with expressive flavors of black cherries, plums, raspberries, blackberries and ripe red pepper, spicy aromas combine well with those of chocolate and tobacco. It can be aged for 7 to 8 years, if you can wait that long!
- Irene makes each bottle of her ultra-premium Carmenere with hand picked grapes from her boutique winery. It's all that extra loving care that makes this wine so downright delicious.
- Sublimely silky, ravishingly rounded and ready to slip over your tongue like a Freudian theory. Think rich, dark ripe fruit with just a touch of coffee to finish... and what a lusciously long, sultry finish it is too!
- A perfect partner for a soul-warming Chilli con Carne or a wedge of your favourite strong cheese. We reckon you'll enjoy it on it's own too - and at this price, it'd be rude not to.