- Originally trained in Bordeaux, Jean-Pascal is now an icon in Chile - where every delicious wine he touches ends up dripping in medals and critical acclaim.
- He's worked his magic on two of Chile's most popular grape varieties to create this show-stopper of a wine - especially for YOU.
- The magical mix of Angel funding, supreme winemaking and ultra-premium grapes make every last drop of his Cabernet Carmenere over-deliver.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We are whipping out the big guns and that starts with this show stopping Top Shelf Cabernet Merlot from Stuart Pym.
- The nose is rich and complex with fresh fruit impacts of lifted red and blue berries, damask plum and hints of cassis. This is all floating with subtle cedary notes from the French Oak.
- A rich lush wine of profound generosity, yet a retained sense of elegance with every sip. Mulberries, plums and blackberries enchant with every sip. The Merlot creates a perfect wine to drink now and combined with the Cabernet Sauvignon packs in tannins making it perfect to lay down for a few years too (if you can resist).
The combination of a classic variety such as Cabernet Sauvignon with Carignan is not so common to find in the world, yet the result of using a little bit of quality Chilean Carignan in the blend is beautiful.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes come from right near the coast of the Pacific Ocean, and the Carignan is planted a bit more inland to enjoy the warmer weather and bring out the fruitiness of the grapes.
- It’s fruity and refreshing, has a delicate structure built on soft tannins and is a perfect choice if you are looking to try something new!
- Angel has made quite a name for himself amongst our army of Angels. His wines have gained quite the fan club and, thanks to Angel funding, he has been able to bring us this, his brand new ‘Millesime’.
- From Starosel (the same area as his sell out Merlot and Mavrud) where vines have been growing for over 3000 years, comes this rich and fruity blend of Cab Sav, Merlot and Syrah. There’s a luscious lick of spice too thanks to being aged in plush French oak barrels.
- If Angel’s track record with reds is anything to go by, this one’ll be gone in the blink of an eye so go on, step off the beaten track and dip into the world of big Bulgarian reds!
Four grape varieties from three different regions across Chile have gone into this absolute corker of a red; Cab Sauv from the Cachapoal Valley, Malbec from the Bio Bio Valley in the extreme south and Carmenere and Syrah from the Maule Valley.
The Cab Sauv forms the backbone of this wine with the Malbec bringing in a burst of fruity freshness and vibrancy. This is then rounded off beautifully by the silkiness of the Carmenere and dark fruits of the Syrah.
If you like Bordeaux blends, this wine has your name all over it! It looks posh, tastes posh, and will blow your friends away.
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- I have always wanted to make an all-inclusive, five varietal Bordeaux Blend, but never had the access to all five varieties - that is until this year! I stumbled upon a few gems in some special vineyards, and I could not resist the challenge to make this wine.
- This wine was born as an idea and only made a reality by the funds raised by the Angels. Thank you Naked Wines and Angels for making this amazing wine possible.
- On the nose there are black berries, black cherry pie filling, cedar and some mild coffee notes. The palate is packed with layered fruit, oak complexities evolving to a finely grained tannin and juicy fruity finish.
- Here it is - a huge hit with the Australian Angels already - the boy met the girl and this is the love child. A product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- You made this wine happen - without your money this would still be a pipe-dream for Adrian and Rebecca
- We had to fight hard for this one - the Naked Aussies didn't want to give it up but we managed to snaffle a parcel. Taste another victory for GB over Aus!