- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
- It's been a bumper summer for the Savs with Angels sipping through the stuff at record pace. Despite the shelves being swept clean of everyone's crisp white fave, we wanted to make sure we kept you well stocked with only the best... so we dug deep into the little black book in order to find you the next big catch.
- This totally one-off Sav hailing from Marlborough won't leave you disappointed. The drought was lifted with the discovery of a handful of very rare (and it goes with out saying, down right delicious!) parcels of grapes, nestled in the heart of New Zealand's wine capital.
- Bright, zingy flavours of passionfruit and mandarin lift the palate to give you a crisp and peachy wine with plenty of punch. The brightest of bright citrus paired with a luxuriously glossy texture makes for the perfect Sunday afternoon aperitif.
- Bill and Claudia having been saving your hard earned Angel pennies to get their hands on grapes from the very best Sauvignon vineyards New Zealand has to offer. With these grapes securely in the bag, the Smalls have made a wine so well balanced and crisp that even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers can't knock it.
- This is 75 centilitres of luscious Marlborough style. Fresh grapefruit and zingy gooseberries offset with elegance the juicy, mouth watering pear drop flavours - what can we say, it truly is an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, but we reckon that this little number is going to be the Small's greatest triumph yet... you might just agree!
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- An elegant Pinot with a gentle touch. The Angels have been asking Bill & Claudia to make a New Zealand Pinot like this ever since tasting their amazing 2010 Sauv Blancs.
- The Smalls spent ages scouring the island looking for just the right vines, and they have struck gold! Mature vines on a sunny north-facing hillside in Marlborough, just screaming to be Naked.
- "Absolutely loved it, just what I've been looking for. Can't stop talking about it" said Angel Richard Coyne. We heartily agree!
- This wine is a walk on the wild side of Marlborough - there's no Sauvignon Blanc quite like it. Naked have shown great faith in supporting our Lay of the Land range of Marlborough wines, and are showing another leap along with our Angels in the creation of our new Sauvignon.
- We whole-bunch pressed the grapes and wild-fermented the juice in old oak barrels for two months on its original yeast lees. The result? A Sauvignon Blanc that's drier than you'd expect for Marlborough, but also riper and with more minerality.
- Imagine a cross between the finesse of a Pouilly Fume and the lift, drive and verve of fruit from our beautiful slice of paradise down here in Marlborough, and you'll come close to the unique taste of this small batch wine.
Mike Paterson, Winemaker
- This isn’t your everyday Marlborough. Mike's a super-talented Sauvignon God and wields the grape with an elegance and finesse that you can taste in every drop.
- We're talking classic grassy, green, gooseberry laden fruit flavours, with a shock and awe approach to the term 'refreshing' that mainlines a citric buzz to the central nervous system.
- Crab linguine. Bottle of this. Unbelievable
- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!
- After the roaring success of their first Pinot Noir, we challenged Bill & Claudia to make us an extra-special reserve batch. We reckon this is their best yet.
- Named after their baby daughter Penelope, this reserve used the best fruit and had a little extra Small & Small love added.
- If you're looking for amazing quality Pinot, then look no further. And because it was made possible by our Naked Angels - it's a complete steal!
- Phil Handford only makes one wine, Pinot Noir. It’s his obsession. And he makes some of the best on the planet. Hand picked from his own Central Otago vineyard, then lovingly cuddled in expensive French oak.
- Forget pricey Burgundy. When the French get their chops round this soft, elegant, seriously classy Pinot Noir from down under, they’ll be quaking in their vineyards.
- Vibrant and savoury, with fresh raspberry and cherry flavours, this is a complex, top-shelf red with subtle herbal notes, sweet spice and a lovely lick of oak.