- High up in the Uco Valley lies a stunning, small, family-run vineyard that’s choc-full of a mix of old and young vines... it’s exactly there where Sebastian found the juice for his first ever Malbec for Angels.
- 'Old’ Malbec is the real deal - unlike the French clones so often seen in the vineyards planted during the grapes heyday in the 90’s - it’s delicate, refined and makes for a true Argentine red.
- This aromatic bombshell is a fresh, fruity red that's best drunk young to make the most out of all those flavours. Sebastian describes it as the very definition of a ‘tasty’ wine and we couldn’t agree more!
Straight from the heart of his favourite wine region, the Uco Valley, comes Sebastian’s rich and elegant Reserve Malbec...
- The grapes came from a small, family-run vineyard that boasts 35 year old Malbec vines; no mean feat given the majority of Malbec vines weren’t planted until the grapes popularity boom in the 90’s! This means what you’re tasting is the proper good stuff.
- Intense ruby red in colour, its velvety smoothness, intense fruitiness and luscious lick of spice really bring this wine to the next level. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Sebastian got to showcase the true flavours of an Argentine Malbec and he couldn’t be more grateful.
- When Mauricio hinted he might have access to some super special Petit Verdot grapes from the Uco Valley, we had to jump at the chance.
- Hand-harvested and specially selected for Angels, this wine has been made with all of Mauricio's talent and finesse.
- Deep violet-red in the glass and bursting full of blackberries, blueberries and violets, with just a dash of cocoa. Delicious.
- We've learnt to expect great things when we see Mauricio's name on a bottle, but he's really outdone himself this time. This is a bottle of 100% Petit Verdot from one of Argentina's most remote regions... it's hot property.
- Mendoza's Uco Valley is the source of some of Argentina's best red wine, something that this Reserve proves case and point. From one of Uco's 1000 meter high vineyards, Mauricio harvested these Petit Verdot grapes by hand, combining quality grapes and labour intensive winemaking in a way that could only guarantee success.
- Mauricio's hard work always pays off. This Reserve is luxurious with concentrated aroma's of blackberries, flavours of rich black cherries, bright violets and sage. It's packing some serious bang for buck, so go on, why not - treat yourself!
Sebastian has been making top-notch Cabernet Sauvignon for famous Argentinian brands like François Lurton and Argento for many years, but this is the first time he’s had the chance to make one with his own name on the label.
Argentina is a sleeping monster when it comes to Cab Sav. You can find world-class Cabernet here for a bargain. And the finest examples combine the boldness and intensity of Napa with the elegance and structure of Bordeaux.
Seb’s dark ruby, super-concentrated Cab has heaps of cassis and herbaceousness on the nose and palate. Flavours of black cherry and black forest gateau leap out, and oak characters like tobacco and vanilla linger on the finish. It’s fresh, aromatic and intense, with good structure and a complex after-taste. Seems that sleeping monster has just woken up...
- Tannat is an up-and-comer that's been making some serious waves in recent years. Take this as your sign to get in early doors before you can't find a bottle for love nor money! If you're fond of a Cab Sav or Cab Franc but looking to dial things up a notch or two, you'll just love this.
- From the ultra desirable Uco Valley in Mendoza, renowned for it's high altitude vineyards complete with rich ancient soil, Mauricio hand picked the 100% Tennat grapes to make this Reserve. When you hear 'Mauricio' and 'quality grapes' in one sentence, you know good things will shortly follow.
- This is a bountiful red fruited beauty, chockablock with lip-smacking flavours of rich cherries and black plums, all alongside tart tannins and a fiendishly long finish. Once you've sunk your teeth into this you won't be looking back.