Search results for 'katie jones'
- The white wines of this area are greatly underrated. So when your continued support enabled me to purchase a couple of vineyards of Grenache Gris (which is pretty rare) and Grenache Blanc in my village of Tuchan... I jumped straight in!
- The vines are over 80 years old and I had had my eye on them for a while. Most white vineyards have been ripped up down here as it is predominantly a red wine producing area so I was pretty lucky to get in there before the digger did!
- The result is a wine that is elegantly fruity but not overpowering - it is subtle and sophisticated with a great freshness and should be drunk just below room temperature to allow the full flavours to develop. I hope you enjoy it!
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.
- I came across this wine on a visit to a local producer in the village Maury. I was blown away by the complexity and sumptuous flavours. I thought it would be fun to bottle just a small amount of the 2000 vintage for Angels.
- This style of Maury is a fortified wine. Each sip is bursting with treacle, nuts, figs, coffee and cocoa.
- Crack this open after a big and hearty dinner, it pairs perfectly with pudding.
- Katie's little sweetie has it all. Think mouth-watering honeysuckle, with a dollop of exotic turkish delight and a fresh, fragrant elderflower finish that'll dance across your tongue and leave it begging for more.
- Archangel Robbie sums up this delicious drop perfectly... "I defy someone to not enjoy this. Even if you don't like dessert wine"- we reckon he's right!
- Katie recommends you grab yourself a posh bar of indulgent 60% dark chocolate and go wild!
- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Two years ago, Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and old vine Carignan from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness will cope with anything your outdoor summer frolics are likely to throw at it, from a big plate of sizzling bangers to all those swanky dishes full of pasta and posh-sounding herbs.
- 4 years after vandals left her small business down the drain, Katie is moving along at full steam ahead. The opportunities in front of her now just wouldn't have been possible without your support.
- Katie LOVES drinking Sauvignon - so when she told us about her plans to secure some top-notch Sauvignon fruit in the vineyards of Narbonne - we didn't hesitate to jump in with Angel funding to make it happen.
- A squeeze of southern French sunshine has taken this drop to the next level. Imagine the clean crispness of a Loire Sauvignon mixed with the ripe, rounded fruits of a Kiwi Sauvignon... it's unbelievable quality for the price.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?