New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
With the support of his Angels, Ben has been able to cherry-pick the very best parcels from across Minervois for this all-time Naked classic.
Seriously smooth and super soft, it’s jam-packed with bags of juicy fruit flavours. You can almost taste the sunny south of France in every sip. It's hard to believe its £8.99 price tag.
Ben’s Minervois has been topping our bestseller charts for many years now, not once dipping below a 90% rating… which should tell you everything you need to know.
- The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir is dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
- Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- An elegant Pinot with a gentle touch. The Angels have been asking Bill & Claudia to make a New Zealand Pinot like this ever since tasting their amazing 2010 Sauv Blancs.
- The Smalls spent ages scouring the island looking for just the right vines, and they have struck gold! Mature vines on a sunny north-facing hillside in Marlborough, just screaming to be Naked.
- "Absolutely loved it, just what I've been looking for. Can't stop talking about it" said Angel Richard Coyne. We heartily agree!
- I was lucky enough to select three very special, sustainably grown vineyards, producing amazingly concentrated, inky Zinfandel with a lot of structure.
- I try to use a delicate touch to bring out the best in the fruit and really make the Zinfandel grapes shine in the soils I call home.
- Lavishing this fruit with lots of TLC in the winery, I've created a sumptuous, high-end wine that you can afford to open any day of the week.
Karen Birmingham, Winemaker
Charles and Ruth's Sainte Rose vineyard is fast gaining a reputation for the immense quality of its Rhone reds. With heads turning left, right and centre, we thought we'd ask the Simpsons to make a wine that really highlights just how good these grapes are and make an Angel exclusive Anniversary wine.
This is seriously special stuff. The fruit is left on the vine for longer, achieving greater concentration. Each grape is gently hand picked, and only the ripest and cleanest fruit is selected before it’s treated to the gentlest of flavour extraction techniques. With your help the Simpsons have bought super high end French oak barrels to make for the perfect ageing process.
This anniversary blend is a statuesque, powerful and deeply flavoured wine with aromas of warm plums, blackberry and dried lavender. It's got bags of depth and concentration without the heaviness.
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
- Top wine writer Neal Martin (of Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate) recently described Bruwer as "the man who makes some of South Africa's finest wines". We reckon this spectacular blend definitely lives up to the hype.
- Cabernet Franc is Bruwer's signature grape (he bagged 5 stars in the Platter Wine Guide 2014 for his Family Cab Franc) - this time he's combined it with a mouth-watering Malbec...
- The results are pretty darn magical. This is a stonking red with bags of juicy black fruit, gorgeous concentration and a seriously elegant and pure finish.
- I believe honest wines reflect the region they’re from - my passion is producing classic Spanish wines that really bring our culture to life for Angels.
- And thanks to our high-altitude vineyard in Central Castile (one of Spain’s most underrated wine regions), sunny days and cool nights produces really intense fruit, while retaining that all-important freshness.
- Using authentic winemaking techniques and 21st century innovation, I’ve made a smooth, ripe, juicy red that’s versatile for any occasion.
Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, it's the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
This is the kind of wine that Pinot Noir lovers will go gaga for. Nikos’ Xinomavro Limniona Red is a fresh and vibrant style of wine made using two old Greek grape varieties Nikos sourced from sustainable vineyards around northern Greece.
A smooth, easy-drinking red with bags of character. Light, fresh red fruit aromas abound on the nose and follow through nicely on the palate where you get yummy cherries, raspberries and a hint of spice. This is the sort of red you could even slightly chill, especially in the summer when the sun’s baking hot and you need a little refresher to take the edge off.
Inspired by Angels and made possible by Nikos’ many years experience with native grape varieties, delicious wines like this show the incredible potential in authentically Greek wine. Yamas Nikos! You’re making your country proud.