New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Sterrato Grosso is a venture from our former Winemaker of the Year that proves case and point why Stefano took the crown. This is his first Organic wine, produced with sustainability front and centre - the result is an impressively polished yet characterful wine that you can enjoy with a clear conscience.
- Stefano used pure Sangiovese grapes from a single vineyard to create a wine with some serious impact and fruity freshness up it's sleeve. From the same estate as Stefano's notorious Poggio Di Guardia, this wine has benefited from the high altitude and unique climate that made Poggio's name.
- If you're a sucker for a rich fruity Sangiovese or a smoky Pinot Noir, this is your new best mate. It carries flavours of juicy cherries and ripe plums like a dream - lightness of touch, complexity, length, the works! Yes, you may need to pinch yourself.
- I believe honest wines reflect the region they’re from - my passion is producing classic Spanish wines that really bring our culture to life for Angels.
- And thanks to our high-altitude vineyard in Central Castile (one of Spain’s most underrated wine regions), sunny days and cool nights produces really intense fruit, while retaining that all-important freshness.
- Using authentic winemaking techniques and 21st century innovation, I’ve made a smooth, ripe, juicy red that’s versatile for any occasion.
- Olivier has tailor made this blend exclusively for our Angels and you better believe he pulled out all the stops. He scoured the best vineyards in Bordeaux to source super luxe merlot and cabernet grapes...the result is all too gluggable.
- It has all the red berry juiciness and velvety quality of a Merlot with the smokey, spice and texture of a cab sav - the truest meaning of a 'win win'.
- A dead cert for those who drift between smooth reds and larger than life fruity reds. It elegantly treads the line between the two, making it a versatile choice guaranteed to impress.
Sebastian used to work for some of the biggest wineries in Argentina, where he’d oversee fruit arriving from countless sites all over the country. In 2016 a batch of fruit showed up from a biodynamic vineyard in Mendoza which floored him with its quality. These grapes were pristine, with amazing colour and concentrated tannins, and the potential to make a really first-class wine.
Eager to learn more, Sebastian went on a scouting trip to Mendoza, and he liked what he saw. The Uco Valley vineyard where these grapes were grown was one of the region’s first biodynamic sites, using natural farming methods to create top-quality fruit in an ecologically sustainable way. Better still, the vines were rooted in perfect soils and benefited from a soft, cooling breeze otherwise rare in the region, meaning the grapes could ripen slowly and develop beautiful complexity. ‘Now’ Sebastian thought… ‘if only I could get my hands on some…’
Fast forward to today, with Angel support Sebastian was able to secure the incredible fruit and posh oak barrels he’d need to make this seriously swanky Malbec. On the nose it lures you in with complex aromas of ripe raspberries, blackberries, plums... even hints of violet. It’s all wrapped up in a classy oak finish of vanilla, clove and tobacco. Take a sip and it’s just as sumptuous and complex, with delicate lingering tannins, and it will only get better with age.
Franck Massard spent 7 years as a top Sommelier – serving ultra-expensive wines to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants, so it’s fair to say he knows his stuff.
He put his years of experience to the test and has produced this stunningly refreshing crisp and light white. Bright citrus, soft peaches and delicate floral aromas make this the definition of drinkable.
A perfect thirst quencher, this wine is great on it’s own or paired with something a bit spicy. Dee-lish!
- Italian superstar Stefano di Blasi's prize for being named your 2020 Winemaker of the Year was the opportunity to make a top-quality Tuscan red. Easy peasy for a man with his track record. But the challenge he set himself was to make it as planet-friendly as possible.
- Not only is the wine packaged in our lightest ever bottle to lower CO2 emissions, it's also made without sulphites, which is more natural. Stefano's used only the greenest techniques in the vineyard and the most pristine organic fruit, so you get the sheer purity of flavour coming through.
- It’s a true reflection of the organic Tuscan grapes it was made from, with crunchy red fruit flavours, sour cherry and a hint of spice. With nice length and a silky smooth mouthfeel.
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
- As the most widespread red wine variety in Austria, Zweigelt grows in favourable sites in nearly all of Austria’s wine regions. Since our soil is unique in Austria, and there are only a few spots in the world that show similar soil characteristics.
- Our grapes are handpicked, destemmed gently and strictly hand sorted. After sorting we gently fill our fermentation tanks by gravity, and wait for the natural yeasts, from the vineyard, to start fermentation.
- The variety brings slightly violet-reddish colored wines with soft tannins. Mature, full-bodied and long-living wines deliver notes of Morello cherry.
Stefan Landauer, Winemaker
If we were picking one white wine to keep behind glass and crack open for dinner in a pinch… this would be it. A first-class German Riesling with the intensity and flavour to stand up to everything from creamy soups and salads, right the way through to a full-on pork roast.
To make it, Urban & Eva Kaufmann picked their very best grapes from carefully chosen sites in the Rheingau, which they knew would be bathed in sunlight all day long and provide pristine fruit with next-level oomph.
What they’ve created is a refined wine, with a spicy yet soft, almost silky, texture and classic, refreshing Riesling acidity. On the nose, you get zesty aromas of lemon and lime, with a delicate floral hint, which follows through on the palate with heaps of intensity and a mouthwatering finish. Yum, who's for seconds?
- Antoine is all about region and letting his grapes do the talking. He really couldn't have chosen a better region than Pouilly Fume to do just that. As Sauvignon Blanc goes it's pretty tricky to find anything as well rounded, yet as citrusy crisp as a Pouilly Fume - Antoine's vineyards have proved no exception to this very premium rule.
- You can add this to your list of 'good things in small packages' as Antoine's been sure to pick only the best grapes to make sure each bottle is of towering quality, even if that does mean cutting down on quantity. You don't see something like this everyday, that's for sure.
- This is a wine that radiates some serious class with flavours of pear, zippy goosberry, and an incredibly delicate smokeyness on the round up.