WE'RE NOT SURE
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Dom has sourced some seriously sought after grapes from Waiata, a top-notch, family-run single vineyard nestled in a secluded pocket of Waipara Valley. Although Waipara produces only 2% of NZ's wine, the quality is out of this world. This wine is your golden ticket to this tightly-guarded corner of the globe.
- This bottle is a bit of a know it all - a neatly packaged tour of all there is to love about Pinot Gris. Outstandingly fresh with plenty of juicy stone fruits on the palate. We're talking pear, peach, just a hint of nectarine and there's even a sprinkle of cinnamon to give you that fine finish that can be so hard to come by.
- And the best part? It's entirely Angel funded! The quality of Dom's wine means everything to him, and with your help he has been able to break free from his desk and get back into the vineyard itself. By no means has this wine fallen short of any of the TLC it deserves.
- This luscious Chardonnay is a downright dazzler, with complex layers of rich, elegant fruit flavors - ripe apple and pear, plus a creamy smoothness and dash of warm spices from French oak aging.
- Thanks to your funding, Dave secured fruit from an exlusive vineyard nestled in Washington’s Columbia Valley. "It's a unique site that's much warmer than most Washington vineyards," he says. "It's really sought after fruit – one of the top 20 vineyards for Chard in the state!"
- If you're looking for a world-class white wine that will bowl you over with its bold, fruity goodness for days – Dave’s Chardonnay is all you need. Pair this gem with a slice of apple pie... you can thank Dave later.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The Columbia Valley, located in south central Washington State, couldn't possibly have better conditions for growing Cab Sav grapes. With only 11 inches of rainfall a year, and a stonking 180+ days of sunshine, Dave has a set up that really can't be beat!
- Every single grape in this gorgeous Cab Sav has clearly reaped the benefits, coming together to create a complex and lush drop.
- Deep flavors of cherry, blackberry, cassis and the slight spice of tobacco on the palate, make this a classic Washington Cabernet Sauvignon. Dave's done all the hard work for you, so that this a bottle ready to open and drink today - what are you waiting for!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This fabulous Malbec, made by top Argentinian winemaker Mauricio, is one of the finest we've tasted at this price tag.
- Made possible through the support and investment of our Naked Angels, so if that's you, thank you very much. We hope you like it as much as we do!
- As a piece of advice when it arrives on the doorstep, tuck it in the wine rack, race to the butchers, buy the finest steak you can - then wave it in front of a naked flame a little bit and tuck in to both. Perfection.
Christian has kicked things up a notch with this intense, velvety, ruby red, Riserva from Salice Salentino.
He describes this Italian Stallion as his Montepulciano on steroids, and boy he isn’t kidding. This is just bursting with juicy red fruits with just a dash of sophisticated spice.
Perfect with food or without, but if you’re opting for the former, a nice mature cheddar and some anti-pasti will be divine. Crack this open and put your feet up. You deserve it.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Montagu is a secret, off-the-beaten-path winemakers' paradise, once known for sweet wine and brandy. Reenen Borman is the trailblazing winemaker who uncovered a gold mine of stunning parcels in the underappreciated region. With Angel funding, he's raising the profile of this promising South African region - and Angels can say that they helped put it on the map.
- When Reenen's mate had just finished picking premium Montagu grapes for one of South Africa's iconic wines (which goes for £36 a pop), he set aside a small batch for Reenen. He was blown away by the grapes' quality, grown on rare 30-year-old vines, and decided to make it into something special, just for Angels.
- Reenen took Colombard (a grape typically used for brandy) and showcased it as a solid support act for his fruity Chenin Blanc blend. The result is a mouthwatering explosion of fruit salad flavours wrapped up with a fresh citrus zippiness – a deliciously quaffable taste bud refresher.
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. So when he said he wanted to make a classy Reserve Chardonnay, we knew it would be a bit special.
- Thanks to Angel funding, Stephen was able to hand-harvest the grapes and age them in the finest French oak casks, giving his Reserve Chard the elegance of a white Burgundy, with a dollop of South African sunshine for extra flavour.
- His full-bodied Chardonnay is chock full of zesty lemons, limes and grapefruit all wrapped up in a velvety coat of toasty, vanilla spices. It’s refined, it’s lavish, it’s sumptuous... perfect for a night on the sofa with a good movie and a cuddle.
- The cool climate of the Elgin Valley produces some of the tastiest Sauvignon Blanc South Africa has to offer, so when Rudi spotted an idyllic vineyard in need of a winemaker he couldn't believe his luck.
- Without all of your help this wine would never have seen the inside of a wine bottle, destined instead to be sold off as 'bulk wine' dissapearing into a massive multi-origin, nameless blend - now that would be criminal!
- The North Beach is harvested early in the early hours of the morning to preserve the grapes lightness of touch. This is offset expertly by the fresh cut grass aromas and bright pop of tropical fruit on the palette... YUM