- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- It's been a bumper summer for the Savs with Angels sipping through the stuff at record pace. Despite the shelves being swept clean of everyone's crisp white fave, we wanted to make sure we kept you well stocked with only the best... so we dug deep into the little black book in order to find you the next big catch.
- This totally one-off Sav hailing from Marlborough won't leave you disappointed. The drought was lifted with the discovery of a handful of very rare (and it goes with out saying, down right delicious!) parcels of grapes, nestled in the heart of New Zealand's wine capital.
- Bright, zingy flavours of passionfruit and mandarin lift the palate to give you a crisp and peachy wine with plenty of punch. The brightest of bright citrus paired with a luxuriously glossy texture makes for the perfect Sunday afternoon aperitif.
- Kobie & Faisal were always big fans of the famous white Burgundy 'Montrachet', but not of its uber-expensive price tag.
- So we challenged them to make a 'Montrachet' quality white – powerful, rich, with mind-boggling flavours – at South African prices.
- Little did we know it would turn into one of our all-time cult wines.
- 2016 was quite a year for Johan Kruger. First he gave up his safe Stellenbosch job to go it alone and make his award-winning kit for Naked. Then, when Angels got a taste of his stupidly delicious wines, you nominated him for Winemaker of the Year!
- Johan heard he’d been nominated on his son Matteo’s birthday. He felt honoured, and humbled, and determined to pay back the amazing Angels who voted for him, by making a truly spectacular wine. Funding allowed him to get his hands on some truly top-notch fruit and reserve juice and they came together perfectly...
- This is a complex wine with dense flavours. Shiraz, Pinotage and Cab Sauv give it a lovely backbone of dark, brooding fruit and peppery complexity, while a splash of Merlot softens the finish to silky-smooth.
- Francois has worked for some of the world’s most iconic brands, including Dry Creek Vineyard in Sonoma, Jackson Estate in Marlborough, and Waterford Estate back home in Stellenbosch. His real passion however, is seeking out under the radar parcels to craft boutique wines like these.
- This one’s a real crusher. Somewhere between a French and New Zealand Sauvignon, it has a lovely herbaceous nose, glacier-like freshness and a beautiful texture.
- It’s light, fresh and vibrant, with mouth-watering tropical and passion fruit flavours. The perfect summer sipper.
- Arco’s one of the most experienced and well-connected winemakers in South Africa’s Western Cape and his speciality is seeking out the very best parcels of grapes and making wines that showcase the regions they’re from. Like this tasty little number from Breedekloof in the heart of the Western Cape.
This crisp white is Arco’s South African homage to Italian Pinot Gris - but he’s doubled up on intensity and character to make it the perfect accomplice for any foodie. It’s laced with tons of zingy fresh citrus flavours - lime, lemon, pear, nectarine and apple - with subtle hints of honey and floral aromas and goes a dream with crispy Portuguese prawn cakes or a big battered cod fillet and chips.
Arco wanted to pay his good fortune forward, after Angels came to the rescue in his hour of need. So he made this Pinot Gris to say thank you and give some of South Africa’s struggling winemakers a leg up - it’s a real win-win!
- For sheer drinkability it's hard to go past young Pinot Noirs from the fresh coastal air of the south island of New Zealand. I made this wine to try and encapsulate that and provide a look for those who live a long way from a unique place.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Dark and vibrant in the glass with strong fruit presence. Berries and plums sit beside a light oak touch for support. Ripe, with fleshy texture this is great drinking for any occasion and happily stands up to meals of all shapes and sizes!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- If you like bright, crisp wines, like Pinot Grigio and Chenin Blanc, then you will be taken by Gavi's balance of freshness and racy fruit flavours, unique to the Piedmont area.
- Known as the 'Chablis of Italy', Gavi is made from the Cortese grape. The wine's bursting with zippy and zesty citrus and grapefruit flavours. With a lovely floral aromatic hit with every sip, it's the ultimate refresher.
- The native grape is a great representative of the surrounding Piedmont area. The warm Mediterranean sun beautifully ripens the fruit, so its mouthwatering flavours shine through, and the snow capped nearby Alps not only provide a post-card perfect scene, but also ensure those crisp, round textures keep you reaching for another glass.
On a quest to complete his ‘Tri-Veneto’ set of seriously-special whites for Angels, Antonio’s crafted a series of utter gems - like this tongue-tingling and zesty Lugana - from the little pockets of wine paradise that dot the Venetian landscape.
Lugana is a tiny winemaking region that straddles the border between Lombardy and Veneto, where mineral-rich clay soils produce super-ripe grapes. The grape of choice in this area is Turbiana, a local speciality famed for creating finely-balanced white wines crammed with fresh citrus fruits and satisfying minerality... just like this one.
This classy white entices you in with tropical aromas of tangerine, pineapple and passionfruit, with a dash of spice too. Then all that yummy citrus follows-through on the tongue for a really satisfying finish. This is the perfect white wine to enjoy with a hearty Italian pasta or seafood risotto. ‘Or absolutely anything with asparagus!’ says Antonio.
- Pierre is part of a 4 generation strong family of winemakers, so you'd probably expect him to be a pretty dab hand when it comes to vines. But to call Pierre a dab hand... oh, what an understatement that would be. Pierre is a veritable Rhone Valley master.
- Ultra fresh, this is a bottle full of silky wild fruit flavours and rich smoky notes with just a touch of spice to keep you on your toes. You can look forward to a smooth robust wine with a lustrously intense purple colour.
- Pierre runs a tight ship and works as closely as he can with the grapes to make sure he's keeping flavours as concentrated and elegant as possible whilst also keeping his process super clean and sustainable.