New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
If you like having your taste-buds wowed by an explosively fruity drop of Kiwi Sauvignon, have we got some great news for you. One of Naked Australia’s most-popular winemaking combos - Gus & Swan Altschwager and Mark & Emma Kenneally of A&K wines - have finally brought their wines to our shores… and this taste-bomb of a Marlborough Sauvignon is one hell of an introduction.
It’s naturally concentrated and complex, with great body and a finesse that comes from using top-notch Marlborough grapes and ageing the wine on its lees for as long as possible. Vibrant aromatics of citrus and tropical fruits burst from the glass, followed by zesty flavours of lemon, lime and passionfruit on the palate. It’s dangerously easy to drink, so well worth stocking up with a few bottles.
This sunshine-packed Sauvignon Blanc is the first wine our fab foursome have made from their family-owned Kaituna Block, which began the conversion to organic production in 2021-2022. Something that was only made possible thanks to the support of our brilliant worldwide community of Angels.
It’s been a while since we got our hands on a wine of this pedigree at this price. The Altschwagers and the Kenneallys are two couples who together make some of Naked Australia’s most loved wines, but a bumper 2021 vintage has left them with a cellar-full of premium McLaren Vale Shiraz they need to ship out to make room for the next vintage. They could recoup those costs handsomely by selling it at silly money on the wine markets. But their first thought was to offer it to UK Angels to see if they wanted to get their hands on it first.
A&K’s Culley Road vineyard in McLaren Vale isn’t just any old plot of land. The vines are superstars — flavour-packed grapes that used to make their way into Penfolds wines that would set you back $150 in an Aussie off licence.
The wine has a big nose full of ripe fruits, cherries and blackcurrants, with notes of freshly ground coffee, dark chocolate, peppermint, liquorice and subtle pepper. The flavours are equally big, bold and intense, but with a silky smooth mouthfeel and velvety tannins. It's all about the fruit, and it shouts quality.
We’ve managed to snag a parcel of meticulously crafted top-shelf Sauternes from one of the appellation’s most prestigious estates. This golden nectar has enjoyed the same special care that goes into producing France’s best, most expensive dessert wines. So at this price, it’s an absolute steal.
Super-sumptuous Sauternes like this is highly-prized around the world for its sweet, concentrated flavours. It’s a many-layered attack on the senses, with expressive aromas of pure honey, dried fruit and citrus notes, with a rich yet refreshing mouthfeel that’ll make your taste buds sing.
Our top tip to enjoy this wine at its very best… chill it right down before serving, then savour with a mega cheese board - loaded with everything from your nutty Swiss to the stinkiest blue. The sweetness of the wine cuts through the savouriness of the cheese and transports you to dessert wine heaven.
- From an old-vine winery rooted deep in the middle of Friuli, near Venice, where winemaking tradition stretches right back to Roman times, comes a bottle of Prosecco that'll remind you exactly why Prosecco is one of the most popular sparkling wines... scratch that, most popular wines full stop, in the world.
- Father and son combo Massimo and Jacopo are continuing the family legacy, making some of Italy's finest Prosecco tailor made to be enjoyed with friends and family as the ultimate aperitivo. Ultra elegant with notes of apple, ripe pear, and lip smacking white peaches. It's outstandingly elegant and devilishly moreish.
- Although steeped in history, this winery is by no means an old fashioned operation. Here respect for the environment is #1 - Massimo and Jacopo run an entirely eco-friendly, organic ship, working mindfully with the land and the vines to make delicious wines that you can drink with a clear conscience. Not a nasty chemical fertilizer in sight.
- Sam has thrown the kitchen sink at his newest Shiraz and it’s all thanks to you. He’s crafted it using rare fruit and fancy kit that most winemakers down under are chomping at the bit to get their hands on.
- Forest Hut is a very special vineyard. Its vines have long roots that reach all the way down to the water table, saving the gorgeous fruit from falling prey to the scorching heat of Australian summer. Sam says it’s the best fruit he’s ever worked with and he’s so excited for you to get a taste.
- But first you’ll want to get your beak into the glass to take in all the beautiful aromas of sweet violets and ripe plums. It’s a true sensation on the palate – fresh and vibrant, pure and precise with a zippy touch of acidity. Sam’s outdone himself this time.
- Johan knew just where to go to find the very best grapes to make his Cab Sav - he packed his bags and ventured deep into the rolling vineyards of Stellenbosch.
- Elegant, powerful and packed full of dark fruit flavours - this is one red that’s born to age so if you can resist the urge to open it, then squirrel it away safely for a few years and let the magic unfold.
- Cab Sav grapes from Stellenbosch are seen as the Rolls Royce of the South African wine industry; they are hard to come by and the barrels used to get that sumptuous oakiness are expensive. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Johan was able to secure such great juice and the necessary barrels so consider this a big thank you from him to you!
- In Elgin, it's usually a huge challenge to find Chardonnay - practically all of the best parcels get snapped up immediately. So trying to find exciting parcels in the Elgin Valley is like finding hen's teeth… rare!
- Lucky for us, our Richard Kershaw lives in the Valley itself and has a little black book filled with contacts who grow some of the best Chardonnay grapes in the valley. The parcel Richard sourced for his brand new Pivotal Chard is no exception to this very exciting rule.
- From a plot planted on the west-facing slopes of a shaded amphitheatre with exceptionally rich soil, this might be Richard's most well balanced and elegant Chard to date. The intensity of its fruit flavours are second to none, and it boasts an exceptional freshness and aromatic quality that elevates this super premium Chardonnay like you wouldn't believe.
- Daryl’s newest Cab comes from the Alexander Valley, one of the most well respected and premium appellations in Sonoma County, California. It’s one of 18 in total and is particularly well known for the exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon it produces.
- The Cabernets from this appellation offer a refreshing contrast to its well known neighbour, Napa Valley. They have the flavour and complexity of Napa but with a touch less alcohol and a little more elegance.
- It’s deep and dark with all the traditionally unctuous cabernet characters of black fruits, vanilla oak and chocolate. At a first glance you might be expecting something big and dense, but in fact the palate is deceptively elegant, silky-smooth and intensely flavorful.
- Denis' debut Cru Cairanne Red left a standing ovation in its wake, and we can all agree it's about time for an encore!
- He's returning to our wine racks with the Cru Carianne Blanc. The grenache blanc grapes Denis uses are a real rarity so he's been sure to roll out the red carpet for each and every one. The grapes are harvested at dawn and picked individually to ensure he's working with the creme de la creme.
- Aromatic and fresh on the nose with pears and stone fruits coming to the fore when given a little time to breathe. Stands very well on it's own as an apperitif, with a bold roundness and crisp finesse.