WE'RE NOT SURE
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest wine makers, as one taste of her superb Shiraz - made especially for our Angels - quickly illustrates.
- South Africa may have come late to the Shiraz ball, but it's played catch up quickly, and now produces some of the best in the world. This one, with its dark, rich plum fruit punch and smokey oaky, peppery finish is a delicious example.
- Punchy, explosive and with all the weight of a dozen half-backs, the only way to improve this wine is to drink it with a bit of cow that has been briefly shown the grill. A meat-eater's idea of heaven in a glass.
- Together with your support and Bondholder funding, Katie is back - and better than ever with her spectacular Old Vine Syrah.
- You've got gorgeously ripe blackberries by the bucketload, whilst a tingle of spicy licquorice dances on your tastebuds. Even better, it's been lovingly aged for extra depth and decadence thanks to bondholder funding.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 5 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle now and cracking it open with a big fat juicy steak.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- The grapes for this wine come from an exceptional small yield vineyard in the Kalimna sub-region of the Barossa Valley. This is Australia's premier grape growing region and home to some of the very best and most famous wines to come out of my country.
- My Barossa Valley Shiraz is packed full of blackcurrant flavours, with hints of cinnamon and mocha and spice, which work with firm tannins to create a great rich and round texture, which means you end up with a wine that's a match for anything coming out of this region.
- In the past I've made this wine solely for the Aussie Angels who have scored it 95%, so I thought it was only fair that you get the chance to try some for yourself.
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- I sourced the grapes for this wine from Clarendon, one of the highest vineyards in the McLaren Vale - a region that’s renowned for producing some of the best Shiraz to come out of Aus.
- My McLaren Vale Shiraz is a deep, dark rich wine, with mouth-wateringly intense flavours. A big burst of intense blackberry fruit bounces on your tongue, along with a sprinkle of white pepper and a hint of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- If you like sumptuous, ripe and powerful wines then this is the one for you. It’s a wine I’m really looking forward to sharing with UK Angels - let me know what you think!
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline had been making tiny quantities of seriously premium wines in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's used her know-how to create a Shiraz lover's dream at a more wallet-friendly price.
- Bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Caroline recommends cracking open a bottle with your Sunday lunch... we're thinking lamb shoulder studded with rosemary, prosciutto and garlic. Yum.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Vincent inherited some of the finest vineyards in Cornas from his uncle Robert. Having learned from the best, Vincent has gone on to become a shining star of the Northern Rhone.
- Hand-harvested from ancient old vines, this is an beautiful and refined Northern Rhone Syrah with real oomph. Elegant and classy, with beautiful dark fruits and a lovely long peppery finish.
- Decant and you’ll be rewarded with a glorious classic fireside red. A perfect match for a yummy tummy-warming Boeuf Bourguignon.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- 18 months ago Angels voted in their thousands to give Adam Barton the go-ahead to make his dream wine in The Crush... and it's just arrived.
- Adam promised to deliver "the best wine he'd never made", sourcing the very best fruit from all the regions of the Adelaide 'super zone'. His homage to Australia's most iconic wine.
- He's created a ravishingly rich Shiraz full of juicy dark fruit with a lovely spicy, chocolatey warmth that just goes on and on.
- The 2016 vintage is fast becoming known as one of the best vintages in recent memory, so you better move fast if you want to get in on the action. There's not much to go around...
- I source the fruit for my Diamond Shiraz from the oldest vines I can get my hands on. They're nearly 40 years old and consistently produce concentrated flavours, good colour and a lovely fullness to the wines. I give it all the love and care in the world in the winery, fermenting each parcel of fruit separately before maturing in French and American oak barrels for 15 months.
- Shiraz is my all time favourite variety, and my Diamond range are the pick of the bunch.... so it goes without saying that I give my winemaking all to this wine to make sure it over delivers on flavour and richness - thank you Angels for giving me the freedom to make this for you!
- My Diamond Shiraz 2015 has a beautiful dark purple-red colour, with rich and powerful aromas of dark plums, toasty oak and warming spices. The flavours are equally rich, with round and generous dark fruit, long complex oak characters and a delicious lingering finish.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker