- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...
- Arco was on the point of going bust in 2020 when the SA wine industry was hit by Covid, just as he was recovering from a battle with cancer. Thankfully, our very own Johan Kruger put him in touch with us, and Angel support helped keep him afloat. Arco’s now sourced and blended this super-premium wine to pay you back while helping out some of his winemaker mates who’ve also been hit hard by Covid.
This classy Syrah comes from the Simonsberg mountain area of Stellenbosch where the higher altitude produces nice slow ripening and gives the wine a great floral character. We'll let Arco explain it to you for himself...
'This is a beautiful Syrah more in the Rhone style, showing a lovely perfumed nose of violets and some lavender, as well as a little white pepper. The palate is more fruit forward than oaky, showing lovely plum and blackberry flavours, finishing with a hint of sweet spice.' Arco Laarman, Winemaker
Lovers of Amarone look no further - Juicy has Australia's answer to that bold Italian red.
He left the fruit on the vine longer than usual to really let the flavours develop resulting in a full on Shiraz that we just know Angels are going to love.
Intense deep black red in colour with rich fruit flavours and a luscious lick of oak. This is an absolute giant of a wine - packing in both length and power - and one that will age for up to 10 years after bottling.
- Expensive tasting, expensive looking Rhone-styled Syrah... brought to you at Languedoc prices from the master of innovation, Charles Simpson.
- You might think you know Syrah - until you get your mitts on this, that is! Full of deep, complex fruits that sing from the glass, and a lingering peppery finish that'll leave you licking your lips for more.
- WARNING: If forced to share this moreish drop with friends or family you may wish to order more than one bottle to avoid resentment!
- This wine is very special to me. It comes from a beautiful 30 year old vineyard in the foothills of the Tallarook ranges, just over the river from my home block. It's got everything that I love about my local Shiraz - the power and presence of Aussie Shiraz, with the balance, elegance and fine tannins typical of the area.
- When new owners took over the property, they had no desire to keep running the vineyard, and the vines were facing an uncertain future. Without the support of Naked Wines, it would have been too risky for me to put my hands up and take on the challenge and help save this stunning established vineyard.
- I've handmade this wine with love to create this powerful, concentrated Shiraz - full of the intense bramble and plum fruit flavours you'd expect, balanced with toasted spice and a fine tannin structure. It's hand picked, hand plunged, gently pressed, and aged in French oak - this beautiful fruit deserves to be treated with respect, so that's what I did!
Nina - Winemaker
- I source the fruit for my Diamond Shiraz from the oldest vines I can get my hands on. They're nearly 40 years old and consistently produce concentrated flavours, good colour and a lovely fullness to the wines. I give it all the love and care in the world in the winery, fermenting each parcel of fruit separately before maturing in French and American oak barrels for 15 months.
- Shiraz is my all time favourite variety, and my Diamond range are the pick of the bunch.... so it goes without saying that I give my winemaking all to this wine to make sure it over delivers on flavour and richness - thank you Angels for giving me the freedom to make this for you!
- My 2019 vintage of Diamond Shiraz is rich with powerful aromas of dark berries, toasty oak and warming spices. The flavours are equally rich, with round and generous dark fruit, long complex oak characters and a delicious lingering finish.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker