- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest wine makers, as one taste of her superb Shiraz - made especially for our Angels - quickly illustrates.
- South Africa may have come late to the Shiraz ball, but it's played catch up quickly, and now produces some of the best in the world. This one, with its dark, rich plum fruit punch and smokey oaky, peppery finish is a delicious example.
- Punchy, explosive and with all the weight of a dozen half-backs, the only way to improve this wine is to drink it with a bit of cow that has been briefly shown the grill. A meat-eater's idea of heaven in a glass.
- Angel funding has played a tremendous role in this wine. I was able to source top-end fruit from the best terroirs, slopes and growers.
- This enabled me to cast my sourcing net wide over the vineyard sites and regions of Durbanville and Stellenbosch - resulting in more complex, multidimensional wines for the Angels.
- The result is a Shiraz that stands out from the more traditional styles of Shiraz in South Africa. It shows the best of both regions without overpowering each other. A Shiraz style that is both prominent yet elegant.
- Together with your support and Bondholder funding, Katie is back - and better than ever with her spectacular Old Vine Syrah.
- You've got gorgeously ripe blackberries by the bucketload, whilst a tingle of spicy licquorice dances on your tastebuds. Even better, it's been lovingly aged for extra depth and decadence thanks to bondholder funding.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 5 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle now and cracking it open with a big fat juicy steak.
- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was grown on John and Joan Woodruff's vineyard at Glenrowan in Victoria. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think Plums, rum & raisin & chocolate... deee-lish!
- This wine is a terrific example of the ripe rich Glenrowan Shiraz.
- Discover pure, elegant, fresh Syrah from one of the best regions in the Rhone, made by Rhone legend Vincent Paris.
- You'd normally find Vincent's wines at Berry Bros (if you're prepared to pay £42 per bottle), or on the wine lists of three star Michelin restaurants. Bondholder funding changed all that.
- Smooth, sumptuous peppery Syrah doesn't get any more delicious than this. So act fast if you want in.
- For those impatient amongst you, using one of our Angel Aerators really opens this bad boy up, just open, pour and enjoy!
This wine is very special to me. It comes from a beautiful 30 year old vineyard in the foothills of the Tallarook ranges, just over the river from my home block. It's got everything that I love about my local Shiraz - the power and presence of Aussie Shiraz, with the balance, elegance and fine tannins typical of the area.
When new owners took over the property, they had no desire to keep running the vineyard, and the vines were facing an uncertain future. Without the support of Naked Wines, it would have been too risky for me to put my hands up and take on the challenge and help save this stunning established vineyard.
I've handmade this wine with love to create this powerful, concentrated Shiraz - full of the intense bramble and plum fruit flavours you'd expect, balanced with toasted spice and a fine tannin structure. It's hand picked, hand plunged, gently pressed, and aged in French oak - this beautiful fruit deserves to be treated with respect, so that's what I did!
Nina - Winemaker
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- The grapes for this wine come from an exceptional small yield vineyard in the Kalimna sub-region of the Barossa Valley. This is Australia's premier grape growing region and home to some of the very best and most famous wines to come out of my country.
- My Barossa Valley Shiraz is packed full of blackcurrant flavours, with hints of cinnamon and mocha and spice, which work with firm tannins to create a great rich and round texture, which means you end up with a wine that's a match for anything coming out of this region.
- In the past I've made this wine solely for the Aussie Angels who have scored it 95%, so I thought it was only fair that you get the chance to try some for yourself.
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- I sourced the grapes for this wine from Clarendon, one of the highest vineyards in the McLaren Vale - a region that’s renowned for producing some of the best Shiraz to come out of Aus.
- My McLaren Vale Shiraz is a deep, dark rich wine, with mouth-wateringly intense flavours. A big burst of intense blackberry fruit bounces on your tongue, along with a sprinkle of white pepper and a hint of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- If you like sumptuous, ripe and powerful wines then this is the one for you. It’s a wine I’m really looking forward to sharing with UK Angels - let me know what you think!
Adam Barton, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- 18 months ago Angels voted in their thousands to give Adam Barton the go-ahead to make his dream wine in The Crush... and it's just arrived.
- Adam promised to deliver "the best wine he'd never made", sourcing the very best fruit from all the regions of the Adelaide 'super zone'. His homage to Australia's most iconic wine.
- He's created a ravishingly rich Shiraz full of juicy dark fruit with a lovely spicy, chocolatey warmth that just goes on and on.
- The 2016 vintage is fast becoming known as one of the best vintages in recent memory, so you better move fast if you want to get in on the action. There's not much to go around...