New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest winemakers, as one taste of her sumptuous Shiraz quickly illustrates.
- Carmen puts as much TLC into this £7.99 Shiraz as she does into her £20 wines. The grapes were carefully hand-picked through the night, to ensure they didn’t lose any of their deliciously concentrated flavours.
- You can taste Carmen’s care and attention in every sip of this big, fruity, spicy wine. It’s deep, dark, and brimming with rich, plummy fruit, with a kick of peppery spice on the finish that’ll leave you with a lovely warm glow.
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...
- Sam spent years making his name as the bona fide superstar of Aussie Shiraz, winning heaps of prestigious medals and the Best Shiraz in Australia trophy in the process.
- Thanks to Angel funding, he’s now running a shiny winery of his own. And stunning gems like this Reserve Shiraz are his way of saying thank you!
- Deliciously juicy, spicy and smooth, it’s made using the very best grapes he could get his rock–star hands on. To get the most out of this wine, try and resist until the August bank holiday if you can, it's fresh off the boat.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
Langhorne Creek is one of Australia’s most historic wine regions, known for producing rich, high-quality Shiraz that punches way, way above its price tag.
This is a big, bold and fruity wine, combining power and intensity with a smooth, easy-drinking feel. It’s got awesome depth of flavour with bags of ripe dark fruit, cassis and dark cherry to the fore, and lovely fine tannins. It finishes up with a classy spiced lick to that develops beautifully on the palate giving you the kind of long finish most wines can only dream of.
"2021 was a fantastic vintage in Langhorne Creek, with near perfect conditions, I was able to make a Shiraz that I believe truly reflects what Langhorne Creek is all about – delivering wine at a quality level that is well above the price point of the wine. It’s actually a single vineyard wine, taken from a block owned by Matt Lawrie, using these nearly 30 years old Shiraz vines from the rich, alluvial flood plains of Langhorne Creek." Josh Pfeiffer, Winemaker
Having wowed Angels for over 10 years with super-classy French reds that slip down a treat, when Languedoc legend Virgile told us about his dream to make a full-on, 100% pure Syrah, we could barely contain our excitement.
Virgile’s from the Rhone - the traditional homeland of French Syrah - so he’s always been passionate about the grape, and he knew the Languedoc had all the ingredients he needed to create a first-class example. The stony soils and blazing hot sunshine made for perfectly ripe, juicy fruit. And in the winery, Virgile let the grapes do the talking, using natural winemaking practices with the greatest respect for the environment. He rounded it all out with a delicate lick of spicy oak to create a truly mouthwatering red wine.
“It’s a middle bodied wine, very fruity: blackcurrant and raspberry flavours with aromas of white pepper, spices as garrigue which are thyme, rosemary, laurel, juniper etc. In the mouth it is slightly toasted with some light chocolate flavours. And as with all my wines: very drinkable.”
- Insanely talented Daryl worked at the ultra-prestigious Penfolds for over 8 years, making some of the most collectable wines in Oz. Don't say we never treat you...
- A powerhouse of ripe 'n' ready dark fruit, with oodles of vibrant fresh berries. And the finish...? Boy oh boy! Hints of spice, a luscious lick of oak and a touch of dark chocolate make this wine complex, accessible - and effortlessly delicious.
- Daryl has won Winemaker of the Year over 10 times - and let's not even start on his medal collection. This is your chance to taste something truly spectacular for next to nothing. Get yourself a bottle - while you can - and devour it with Asian style sticky ribs off the barbie.
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.
This refreshingly rich and fruity sparkling red was heaven sent for summer sipping. It’s got all the rich barbie-beating flavour of a classic still Aussie Shiraz, but with that added celebratory sparkle that shouts ‘drink me now’ whenever the sunshine calls your name.
On the palate it’s ripe and fruity, with generous flavours of black cherry, wild plum and blackcurrant, and delectable hints of clove and pepper spice. It’s all rounded out with a silky, opulent mouthfeel from ageing in posh French oak.
Leighton actually made this sparkling Shiraz from grapes that he planted with his dad almost 2 decades ago. It’s a wine that’s close to his heart, and he’s put his all into making it as delicious as possible. We definitely reckon he’s done his pops proud.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?