American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- Sam spent years making his name as the bona fide superstar of Aussie Shiraz, winning heaps of prestigious medals and the Best Shiraz in Australia trophy in the process.
- Thanks to Angel funding, he’s now running a shiny winery of his own. And stunning gems like this Reserve Shiraz are his way of saying thank you!
- Deliciously juicy, spicy and smooth, it’s made using the very best grapes he could get his rock–star hands on.
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest wine makers, as one taste of her superb Shiraz - made especially for our Angels - quickly illustrates.
- South Africa may have come late to the Shiraz ball, but it's played catch up quickly, and now produces some of the best in the world. This one, with its dark, rich plum fruit punch and smokey oaky, peppery finish is a delicious example.
- Punchy, explosive and with all the weight of a dozen half-backs, the only way to improve this wine is to drink it with a bit of cow that has been briefly shown the grill. A meat-eater's idea of heaven in a glass.
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...
- Angel funding has played a tremendous role in this wine. I was able to source top-end fruit from the best terroirs, slopes and growers.
- This enabled me to cast my sourcing net wide over the vineyard sites and regions of Durbanville and Stellenbosch - resulting in more complex, multidimensional wines for the Angels.
- The result is a Shiraz that stands out from the more traditional styles of Shiraz in South Africa. It shows the best of both regions without overpowering each other. A Shiraz style that is both prominent yet elegant.
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- The grapes for this wine come from an exceptional small yield vineyard in the Kalimna sub-region of the Barossa Valley. This is Australia's premier grape growing region and home to some of the very best and most famous wines to come out of my country.
- My Barossa Valley Shiraz is packed full of blackcurrant flavours, with hints of cinnamon and mocha and spice, which work with firm tannins to create a great rich and round texture, which means you end up with a wine that's a match for anything coming out of this region.
- In the past I've made this wine solely for the Aussie Angels who have scored it 95%, so I thought it was only fair that you get the chance to try some for yourself.
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- I sourced the grapes for this wine from Clarendon, one of the highest vineyards in the McLaren Vale - a region that’s renowned for producing some of the best Shiraz to come out of Aus.
- My McLaren Vale Shiraz is a deep, dark rich wine, with mouth-wateringly intense flavours. A big burst of intense blackberry fruit bounces on your tongue, along with a sprinkle of white pepper and a hint of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- If you like sumptuous, ripe and powerful wines then this is the one for you. It’s a wine I’m really looking forward to sharing with UK Angels - let me know what you think!
Adam Barton, Winemaker