New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
Charles and Ruth's Sainte Rose vineyard is fast gaining a reputation for the immense quality of its Rhone reds. With heads turning left, right and centre, we thought we'd ask the Simpsons to make a wine that really highlights just how good these grapes are and make an Angel exclusive Anniversary wine.
This is seriously special stuff. The fruit is left on the vine for longer, achieving greater concentration. Each grape is gently hand picked, and only the ripest and cleanest fruit is selected before it’s treated to the gentlest of flavour extraction techniques. With your help the Simpsons have bought super high end French oak barrels to make for the perfect ageing process.
This anniversary blend is a statuesque, powerful and deeply flavoured wine with aromas of warm plums, blackberry and dried lavender. It's got bags of depth and concentration without the heaviness.
Adam has made his Angels yet another big red belter - lovingly crafted from the premium Syrah grapes grown in historic vineyards in the heart of South Australia's Clare Valley.
In fact, the area is so historic that Adam has named this lovely little bottle after a chap called John Ainsworth Horrocks, believed to be responsible for planting Clare Valley's very first vines in the early 1800s. How thoughtful of him.
A bright ruby colour with powerful aromas of juicy blackberry, ripe plum, elegant hints of mocha aniseed, and just a hint of vanilla oak. The palate is soft and rich with dense forest fruit, liquorice and chocolate flavours. Soft and mouth watering from the first drop to the long, glorious finish.
Barossa Valley is the holy grail of Aussie Shiraz, famed for its luxurious reds and big names like Penfolds and Henschke. This is where Josh Pfeiffer learnt his craft… and you can tell.
As the son of a Penfolds viticulturist, Josh Pfeiffer grew up among the most famous vineyards in the Barossa Valley, and he has connections with top grape-growers all over the region. This premium red was made using fruit from two of his favourite vineyards - Hampel and Alkina. He says “Both parcels offer power and precision, but they have different aromas and flavours. Combined, they make a pretty special wine.”
This dark, brooding red is the type of wine that made Barossa famous. It’s not a ‘whack you in the face’ fruit-bomb, it’s pure fine wine quality. A super-classy balance of fruit and oak complexity, with decadent notes of dark cherries and blueberries. In a wine like this, the talent of the winemaker and the quality of the fruit stand out a mile.
Langhorne Creek is one of Australia’s most historic wine regions, known for producing rich, high-quality Shiraz that punches way, way above its price tag.
This is a big, bold and fruity wine, combining power and intensity with a smooth, easy-drinking feel. It’s got awesome depth of flavour with bags of ripe dark fruit, cassis and dark cherry to the fore, and lovely fine tannins. It finishes up with a classy lick of spice that develops beautifully on the palate giving you the kind of long finish most wines can only dream of.
"2021 was a fantastic vintage in Langhorne Creek, with near perfect conditions, I was able to make a Shiraz that I believe truly reflects what Langhorne Creek is all about – delivering wine at a quality level that is well above the price point of the wine. It’s actually a single vineyard wine, taken from a block owned by Matt Lawrie, using these nearly 30 years old Shiraz vines from the rich, alluvial flood plains of Langhorne Creek." Josh Pfeiffer, Winemaker
Having wowed Angels for over 10 years with super-classy French reds that slip down a treat, when Languedoc legend Virgile told us about his dream to make a full-on, 100% pure Syrah, we could barely contain our excitement.
Virgile’s from the Rhone - the traditional homeland of French Syrah - so he’s always been passionate about the grape, and he knew the Languedoc had all the ingredients he needed to create a first-class example. The stony soils and blazing hot sunshine made for perfectly ripe, juicy fruit. And in the winery, Virgile let the grapes do the talking, using natural winemaking practices with the greatest respect for the environment. He rounded it all out with a delicate lick of spicy oak to create a truly mouthwatering red wine.
“It’s a middle bodied wine, very fruity: blackcurrant and raspberry flavours with aromas of white pepper, spices as garrigue which are thyme, rosemary, laurel, juniper etc. In the mouth it is slightly toasted with some light chocolate flavours. And as with all my wines: very drinkable.”
- Insanely talented Daryl worked at the ultra-prestigious Penfolds for over 8 years, making some of the most collectable wines in Oz. Don't say we never treat you...
- A powerhouse of ripe 'n' ready dark fruit, with oodles of vibrant fresh berries. And the finish...? Boy oh boy! Hints of spice, a luscious lick of oak and a touch of dark chocolate make this wine complex, accessible - and effortlessly delicious.
- Daryl has won Winemaker of the Year over 10 times - and let's not even start on his medal collection. This is your chance to taste something truly spectacular for next to nothing. Get yourself a bottle - while you can - and devour it with Asian style sticky ribs off the barbie.
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.