Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
WE'RE NOT SURE
- A freak frost in Argentina all but destroyed what was set to be the best vintage in 25 years. However, thanks to Angel funding, Mauricio was able to invest in a new harvest machine - so his grapes were safely tucked up in the winery before disaster struck.
- 100% Argentine Petit Verdot is rare to find in the UK and only made in tiny quantities. This wine is truly something special.
- Dark and brooding, Mauricio's velvety red is crammed with layers of rich black fruit. The flavours linger forever and the lush herbal aromas make you want to close your eyes and sigh. Looks, smells and tastes like the kind of nectar posh people drink to impress their wine snob mates.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Back in 2007 some Petit Verdot vines were planted in the heart of the Maule Valley. All these years later they have developed into gorgeous grapes that really pack a punch and are just screaming to be put centre-stage.
- Edgard obliged and the result is ‘Los Despachos’. It’s bursting with black fruit aromas (think blueberries and blackberries) and a delightful freshness thanks to the coastal influences that mean the grapes have ripened at a leisurely pace. It’s powerful but balanced, fruity but fresh so enjoy today or squirrel it away for a good few years.
- Little fun fact: Petit Verdot is a variety originally from Bordeaux and came to Chile with Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s very rare to find bottles that are 100% Petit Verdot, especially from an area like the Maule Valley where País and Carignan dominate.