New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
After Julian’s debut Rosé was our fastest-selling pre-order of all time - disappearing in less than 48 hours - we were waiting on tenterhooks for this encore. And boy was it worth the wait.
Julian makes his kit in the true heartland of Provence - the gold standard when it comes to elegant Rosé. It's a sought-after, premium style that normally sells for £17.99 on the market. This is how Julian describes it… “The nose is complex and intense with aromas of powdered rose, melon and white peach, strawberry and cherry, with a tiny hint of spice. In the mouth it is full, the fruit persistent and crunchy with a nice touch of salinity. It is a beautiful expression, with a finish that is salivating.”
Because Julian loves doing his bit for the planet, he suggested we make this wine without a capsule (that’s the plastic-covered aluminium wrap at the top of the bottle, that covers the cork). While capsules are useful for wines that need to be aged, for those best drunk fresh and young like Rosé, they’re purely cosmetic packaging that create waste. Julian says there’s a bit of a buzz starting up around ‘no capsule’ bottles, as the wine industry looks to become more sustainable. So we gave him the thumbs up to go topless on this Rosé.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to leave my local Cooperative and start making my own wine from my own vineyards. My family have been in the Cooperative since it started in 1913 (my grandpa planted the vineyards) so this is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my family.
- The vineyards are in the small village of Tuchan on the Languedoc Roussillon border, surrounded by the natural countryside of wild herbs. The greedy wild boar munch their way through a fair amount of my grapes, and the low yields give a more concentrated style of wine. Your support gives me more time to work in the vineyard to produce a top quality wine for you without the stress of knowing where I am going to sell it.
- My Corbieres is made from Carignan, Grenache and Syrah from vineyards that I have owned and worked since I was 16. Some of the vineyards I planted myself too! This is a big, full bodied, intense Corbières. It is a dry wine with spice and red fruits. There is no oak ageing, so it is packed with lovely red fruits with a touch of spice and herby flavours.
Jean Marc, Winemaker
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
- Triumphant Virgile returns from the Rhone with this cracker. Expect Virgile's signature style - smooth, juicy and dangerously easy drinking
- You bankrolled Virgile's dream ambition. He used the finest grapes from his Grandfather's vineyard and the result is mind blowing
- First seen on marketplace, this wine is in seriously limited quantities. If you love it, tell us and don't be shy so we can deliver more of these beauties to you again next harvest.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
- My family have been making wine from our family estate in the heart of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for generations.
- My Bois de la Garde is a smooth and elegant wine from the Southern Rhône. The vines are just across the road from the Châteauneuf du Pape designated appellation (same soil, just situated on the wrong side of the tracks as it were)!
- Thanks to Angel funding, we will be able to bottle a bigger volume of this wine, so that finally, more people will get to experience it. It's a real little Southern Rhône charmer, and I hope you enjoy it!
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- Virgile is a bit of a genius as far as we are concerned. He takes good grapes and turns them into great wine, then sells it to us at a ridiculously low price which benefits us, and, wonderfully, you too!
- This is classic Southern French blend, so a lot of chunkiness from the Shiraz along with some delicious plum duff fruits - a kick of redcurrant from the Grenache helps it along the way and a slice of spice rounds it all off.
- Steak. Big, bloody and ready for annihilation.
- When I was a young winemaker I made a Rosé wine in Provence, but the rules for this area dictated how it should be, so I couldn't express myself. Now I've had the chance to make one for Naked, I want to show that Languedoc is able to make Rosé as good or even better than in Provence.
- Thanks to Naked Wines I have been able to purchase quality Grenache grapes and make the best possible wine for the Angels. I've blended these with Cinsault to produce this fresh and elegant wine.
- This wine is an attractive medium rosé colour, with a fruity and floral nose and an explosion of strawberry, raspberry and red fruit flavours. I was looking for the perfect balance between acidity, fruitiness, freshness and minerality - not too pale nor too strong, just perfect.
Virgile Joly, Winemaker
- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and Syrah from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness is a super versatile wine, coping with any from sizzling bangers to big plates of pasta and salads.
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.