- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
- What 4th generation winemaker Pierre doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing. He just seems to have the knack of making feel-good wine at a rock 'n' roll price.
- Picking only the best grapes from the best parcels in the Rhone, this rose is packed full of bright red berries, fresh raspberries and juicy white peach.
- Crack open this elegant tipple and serve nicely chilled with some spicy tapas. Delicious.
- When I was a young winemaker I made a Rosé wine in Provence, but the rules for this area dictated how it should be, so I couldn't express myself. Now I've had the chance to make one for Naked, I want to show that Languedoc is able to make Rosé as good or even better than in Provence.
- Thanks to Naked Wines I have been able to purchase quality Grenache grapes and make the best possible wine for the Angels. I've blended these with Cinsault to produce this fresh and elegant wine.
- This wine is an attractive medium rosé colour, with a fruity and floral nose and an explosion of strawberry, raspberry and red fruit flavours. I was looking for the perfect balance between acidity, fruitiness, freshness and minerality - not too pale nor too strong, just perfect.
Virgile Joly, Winemaker
- From the mountains of the Southern Rhône comes this sumptuous big red blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre.
- Light, powerful and brimming with lush aromas of red fruits, Denis describes it as exactly what a Cru Cairanne should be; an Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove. (We’re not gonna lie, we are probably going to nab that phrase from him).
- 2017 was a fantastic vintage and, with his Chene Noir and Reserve Red going down an absolute storm amongst Angels, there’s no doubt in our mind this will be his hat trick!
- The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
- Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
With the support of his Angels, Ben has been able to cherry-pick the very best parcels from across Minervois for this all-time Naked classic.
Seriously smooth and super soft, it’s jam-packed with bags of juicy fruit flavours. You can almost taste the sunny south of France in every sip. It's hard to believe its £7.99 price tag.
Ben’s Minervois has been topping our bestseller charts for many years now, not once dipping below a 90% rating… which should tell you everything you need to know.
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the rosé wines of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- Crisp and classy, this pale pink will give even the poshest Provencé a run for it's money. Pale in the glass and strawberries and raspberries on the palate, this is the perfect summer sipper.
- There's not much of Denis' new rosé to go around, so stock up for the warmer months and enjoy basking in the sun with this perfect pairing for Summer BBQs.
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
- Pierre is part of a 4 generation strong family of winemakers, so you'd probably expect him to be a pretty dab hand when it comes to vines. But to call Pierre a dab hand... oh, what an understatement that would be. Pierre is a veritable Rhone Valley master.
- Ultra fresh, this is a bottle full of silky wild fruit flavours and rich smoky notes with just a touch of spice to keep you on your toes. You can look forward to a smooth robust wine with a lustrously intense purple colour.
- Pierre runs a tight ship and works as closely as he can with the grapes to make sure he's keeping flavours as concentrated and elegant as possible whilst also keeping his process super clean and sustainable.