- Benjamin doesn't just give you great wines - he puts 'em on the map. This beautifully crafted, majestic Minervois will take your tastebuds directly to the gloriously sunny south of France.
- 91% of you agree with us, making this one of the most popular wines we've ever had, thanks to its rich, ripe, blackcurrant and mulberry fruit bomb of flavour that explodes on your tongue.
- We went all Victor Kiam over it. Well, we didn't actually buy the company, but we bought every last bottle, so we could give you a great wine at an even better price.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
Denis carefully selected the grapes that went into this delightfully gluggable wine as only the best were fit for the job.
Two words that spring to mind with this one? Juicy and fresh. There’s an abundance of red fruit aromas to ignite the senses. We're talking strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants with a little twist of black cherries just for good measure. It’s dangerously moreish stuff.
Chêne Noir 2017 is a fantastic vintage and our lucky Angels get it at a jaw-dropping price. So if it’s value for money you’re after then look no further; Denis has the answer!
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
- What 4th generation winemaker Pierre doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing. He just seems to have the knack of making feel-good wine at a rock 'n' roll price.
- Picking only the best grapes from the best parcels in the Rhone, this rose is packed full of bright red berries, fresh raspberries and juicy white peach.
- Crack open this elegant tipple and serve nicely chilled with some spicy tapas. Delicious.
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour when he was a Somellier at top Michelin restaurants.
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. Bursting with sumptuous ripe fruit, a lovely smoky note and velvety tannins, this is as opulent and delicious as red wine gets.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 20 years.
- Virgile is a bit of a genius as far as we are concerned. He takes good grapes and turns them into great wine, then sells it to us at a ridiculously low price which benefits us, and, wonderfully, you too!
- This is classic Southern French blend, so a lot of chunkiness from the Shiraz along with some delicious plum duff fruits - a kick of redcurrant from the Grenache helps it along the way and a slice of spice rounds it all off.
- Steak. Big, bloody and ready for annihilation.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.
- Most winemakers can only dream of making wines on the Plan de Dieu - with your backing Virgile got his hands on some space and took some time out to make you this exceptional Cotes du Rhone. More jammy fruits than you can shake a stick at.
- This was a project Virgile asked us to be involved in - and you lovely lot jumped at the chance to help. Boy are we glad you did!
- Grab yourself a glass and reap the rewards of Angel funding! If you love it, keep your opinions coming and we'll make sure you're not disappointed next year.