- Benjamin doesn't just give you great wines - he puts 'em on the map. This beautifully crafted, majestic Minervois will take your tastebuds directly to the gloriously sunny south of France.
- 91% of you agree with us, making this one of the most popular wines we've ever had, thanks to its rich, ripe, blackcurrant and mulberry fruit bomb of flavour that explodes on your tongue.
- We went all Victor Kiam over it. Well, we didn't actually buy the company, but we bought every last bottle, so we could give you a great wine at an even better price.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
- Franck has made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour when he was a Somellier at top Michelin restaurants.
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. Bursting with sumptuous ripe fruit, a lovely smoky note and velvety tannins, this is as opulent and delicious as red wine gets.
- It tastes delicious now and if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 20 years.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.
- Most winemakers can only dream of making wines on the Plan de Dieu - with your backing Virgile got his hands on some space and took some time out to make you this exceptional Cote du Rhone. More jammy fruits than you can shake a stick at.
- This was a project Virgile asked us to be involved in - and you lovely lot jumped at the chance to help. Boy are we glad you did!
- Grab yourself a glass and reap the rewards of Angel funding! If you love it, keep your opinions coming and we'll make sure you're not disappointed next year.
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to leave my local Cooperative and start making my own wine from my own vineyards. My family have been in the Cooperative since it started in 1913 (my grandpa planted the vineyards) so this is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my family.
- The vineyards are in the small village of Tuchan on the Languedoc Roussillon border, surrounded by the natural countryside of wild herbs. The greedy wild boar munch their way through a fair amount of my grapes, and the low yields give a more concentrated style of wine. Your support gives me more time to work in the vineyard to produce a top quality wine for you without the stress of knowing where I am going to sell it.
- My Corbieres is made from Carignan, Grenache and Syrah from vineyards that I have owned and worked since I was 16. Some of the vineyards I planted myself too! This is a big, full bodied, intense Corbières. It is a dry wine with spice and red fruits. There is no oak ageing, so it is packed with lovely red fruits with a touch of spice and herby flavours.
Jean Marc, Winemaker
- There’s a little village in the Languedoc called Saint Saturnin. You’ve probably never heard of it, but it has just been awarded Grand Cru status. For those in the know, that’s a huuuge deal.
- And guess what? The local winegrowers just elected our Virgile as President of the Saint Saturnin appellation! It’s the ultimate accolade for a winemaker.
- Only the best Syrah, Grenache and Carignan grapes from old vines made it into Virgile’s L’étoile Saint Saturnin. Intensely rich and satisfying, with oodles of dark fruits and wild Mediterranean herbs to give layers of flavour and complexity. It’s classy, it’s sophisticated, a real red lover’s dream.
Pierre's namesake is a masterclass in elegant French winemaking – and the perfect match with an oooozing Brie.
It begins with cinnamon and spice on the nose… then pow! The mouth is all jammy red fruit, with a splash of vanilla and mellow French oak to finish.
You could buy yourself a £20 Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Or you could buy this, close your eyes and be none the wiser.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.