- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected UK sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants. Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to pour when he was a Somellier at top Michelin restaurants.
- Hand-made in tiny batches and aged in no-expense-spared oak barrels. Bursting with sumptuous ripe fruit, a lovely smoky note and velvety tannins, this is as opulent and delicious as red wine gets.
- It tastes seriously delicious now. But if you're the patient type, it'll taste even better in 20 years.
- My Chateau Saint Hilaire Provence Rosé is made from the sunniest south facing parts of the vineyards, where the grapes are able to take full advantage of the Provence sunshine and fully develop their elegant flavours on the vine.
- I want to say a huge thank you to Eamon, Naked Wines and all the Archangels who chose my rosé out of a selection of so many! I've aimed to create this wine with an avant-garde style to transmit my passion for rosé wine making, and I'm excited to be sharing this passion with you.
- My Rosé is fresh and dry, with citrus, white peach and almond flavours, and with an elegance that invites you to share this lovely wine with friends on a sunny afternoon.
Bruno Lapierre, Winemaker
- Triumphant Virgile returns from the Rhone with this cracker. Expect Virgile's signature style - smooth, juicy and dangerously easy drinking
- You bankrolled Virgile's dream ambition. He used the finest grapes from his Grandfather's vineyard and the result is mind blowing
- First seen on marketplace, this wine is in seriously limited quantities. If you love it, tell us and don't be shy so we can deliver more of these beauties to you again next harvest
- Thanks to Angel funding, I was able to leave my local Cooperative and start making my own wine from my own vineyards. My family have been in the Cooperative since it started in 1913 (my grandpa planted the vineyards) so this is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my family.
- The vineyards are in the small village of Tuchan on the Languedoc Roussillon border, surrounded by the natural countryside of wild herbs. The greedy wild boar munch their way through a fair amount of my grapes, and the low yields give a more concentrated style of wine. Your support gives me more time to work in the vineyard to produce a top quality wine for you without the stress of knowing where I am going to sell it.
- My Corbieres is made from Carignan, Grenache and Syrah from vineyards that I have owned and worked since I was 16. Some of the vineyards I planted myself too! This is a big, full bodied, intense Corbières. It is a dry wine with spice and red fruits. There is no oak ageing, so it is packed with lovely red fruits with a touch of spice and herby flavours.
Jean Marc, Winemaker
- There’s a little village in the Languedoc called Saint Saturnin. You’ve probably never heard of it, but it has just been awarded Grand Cru status. For those in the know, that’s a huuuge deal.
- And guess what? The local winegrowers just elected our Virgile as President of the Saint Saturnin appellation! It’s the ultimate accolade for a winemaker.
- Only the best Syrah, Grenache and Carignan grapes from old vines made it into Virgile’s L’étoile Saint Saturnin. Intensely rich and satisfying, with oodles of dark fruits and wild Mediterranean herbs to give layers of flavour and complexity. It’s classy, it’s sophisticated, a real red lover’s dream.
From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.