- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones 2015 is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and old vine Carignan from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness will cope with anything your outdoor summer frolics are likely to throw at it, from a big plate of sizzling bangers to all those swanky dishes full of pasta and posh-sounding herbs.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Franck spent 7 years as a respected sommelier, serving ultra-expensive vintages to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants... so he knows what people like to drink!
- Now he's made a Priorat just like the ones he used to serve in Michelin restaurants - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Thousands of you voted Franck as your Winemaker of the Year 2013, so we gave him carte blanche to make any wine he liked. Here's the result - his marvellous Montsant.
- Bursting with rich, sun-soaked fruits - it's super-smooth and oh-so-quaffable. Oh, and because it's from Spain's most under-rated region - it's yours for an absolute steal!
- Savvy customers bought most of this in advance on Marketplace - be sure to read the reviews and snap up what's left of it!
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Carignan was planted on a large scale in Maule in the 1940s in an effort to improve the region’s wines after a catastrophic earthquake. Years went by before a small band of quality-mad independent winemakers realised that the old vines had grown into something truly special.
- Andreas took those precious 50 year-old vines to make this spectacular drop that's everything you’d expect from a high-end, super-posh Chilean fine wine. It’s rich, it’s intensely fruity, and it’s scandalously complex and interesting.
- Last year's vintage deservedly picked up a Silver medal at the prestigious IWC competition. This vintage picked up 94 points in Wine Advocate magazine "The bottle looks beautiful, the wine tastes beautiful, what's there not to love?" ...as high-fives go, it's got bells on!