- The Montsant region is still an under-rated region in Spain, which is fortunate for me as I have access to amazingly healthy and high quality grapes for an excellent price. Thanks to Angel funding I can pay in advance for the grapes and the wine, which means no extra margin for the bank!
- My Vinya Cucut is made using a hand picked selection of grapes from old vines that are on average at least 50 years old. We select the best grapes from the vineyard, which then go onto a sorting table for further selection.
- Gentle extraction of the tannins after fermentation followed by a minimum of 6 months in barrel and bottle give a wonderful balance between the tannin and the spicy fruit flavours, so you end up with a mouth-watering finish each time.
- When I was a young winemaker I made a Rosé wine in Provence, but the rules for this area dictated how it should be, so I couldn't express myself. Now I've had the chance to make one for Naked, I want to show that Languedoc is able to make Rosé as good or even better than in Provence.
- Thanks to Naked Wines I have been able to purchase quality old vine Carignan grapes and make the best possible wine for the Angels. I've blended these with a little Cinsault to produce this fresh and elegant wine.
- This wine is an attractive medium rosé colour, with a fruity and floral nose and an explosion of strawberry, rasberry and red fruit flavours. I was looking for the perfect balance between acidity, fruitiness, freshness and minerality - not too pale nor too strong, just perfect!
Virgile Joly, Winemaker
- When Leicester girl Katie Jones went to France on holiday 20 years ago and ended up working in a wine co-operative, she had no idea it would be the start of a marriage made in heaven. Katie married the love of her life, local winemaker Jean-Marc.
- Me & Monsieur Jones 2015 is the fruit of Katie’s and Jean-Marc’s marriage – a delicious blend of Grenache grapes from his vineyard and old vine Carignan from hers.
- This fruit-packed, lightly-spiced bundle of red loveliness will cope with anything your outdoor summer frolics are likely to throw at it, from a big plate of sizzling bangers to all those swanky dishes full of pasta and posh-sounding herbs.
Luca’s Telurico is a real stunner. It’s made from 80 year old vines, carefully hand harvested, aged in French oak barrels and simply oozes quality.
- Intense deep ruby red in colour, its aromas ignite the sense immediately. Think kirsch and blueberry jam that develop into sumptuous nutmeg and cedar notes! It’s a juicy, mouth-watering delight with a fabulously long finish that is sure to impress.
By all means drink it up now but Luca says this one will also stand the test of time beautifully. We’re talking 10, 20 years easily…!
- Carignan is the traditional grape of the Languedoc, often chucked into big blends and constantly underrated.
- When Angels clubbed together to help Jean Marc go it alone, he was able to say thank you with this juicy number sourced from a friend's vineyard.
- This is a traditional style of Carignan, chock full of juicy red fruits and wild herbs like rosemary and thyme. Yummy.
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Carignan was planted on a large scale in Maule in the 1940s in an effort to improve the region’s wines after a catastrophic earthquake. Years went by before a small band of quality-mad independent winemakers realised that the old vines had grown into something truly special.
- Andreas took those precious 50 year-old vines to make this spectacular drop that's everything you’d expect from a high-end, super-posh Chilean fine wine. It’s rich, it’s intensely fruity, and it’s scandalously complex and interesting.
- Last year's vintage deservedly picked up a Silver medal at the prestigious IWC competition. This vintage picked up 94 points in Wine Advocate magazine "The bottle looks beautiful, the wine tastes beautiful, what's there not to love?" ...as high-fives go, it's got bells on!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.