New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern Shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
Scott works in one of the most diverse wine regions in the U.S. - a place the Native American inhabitants of Oregon call ‘the Land of 1000 Valleys” and it’s all thanks to Angel funding he got to make this, his dream wine!
His Pinot Noir is a favourite with our friends across the pond and, we just had to get our hands on some for UK Angels to try.
Aged in plush French oak barrels, this is a silky smooth, complex red that really opens up in the glass...if you are able to leave it long enough!
- When Matt first thought about making a Cab Sav he knew only the best grapes would do, so headed straight to the vineyards of Napa Valley to find them, and he’s been going back every year since.
This is Napa Cab at its best - rich, bursting with ripe dark fruits and a luscious lick of vanilla and spice. It’s silky smooth and delightfully moreish....
- Matt makes more and more of this wine each year and each year Angels get through the lot so snap up your bottle to see what all the fuss is
Chris didn’t leave a vine unturned in his rigorous search for the grapes that have been carefully selected to make his rich and earthy Pinot Noir. Sourced from a handful of the very best sites in Oregon, this large and in charge wine is seriously tasty.
Silky with bright acidity and fruit, followed by a big ol’ blast of dark chocolate, berry and spice on your tastebuds. Not to be outdone of course by the delicate floral notes that provide just the right balance for an elegant and well rounded, fruity finish.
Thanks to Angel support Chris has been able to swipe grapes from some of the most prestigious wines in Oregon - we can hardly believe our luck!
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
- Scott has worked tirelessly over the very best Chardonnay grapes he could find to make you a wine packed with all the best bits of the variety.
- The juice-drenched ripe fruit of an English orchard, with a blast of Californian sunshine - aged to perfection in French oak for a gorgeously buttery finish. Close your eyes, feel the sun on your face and take a sip... yep, you're already there!
- You're getting a top-shelf wine for virtually half the price. It doesn't get much better than that.
- I was lucky enough to select three very special, sustainably grown vineyards, producing amazingly concentrated, inky Zinfandel with a lot of structure.
- I try to use a delicate touch to bring out the best in the fruit and really make the Zinfandel grapes shine in the soils I call home.
- Lavishing this fruit with lots of TLC in the winery, I've created a sumptuous, high-end wine that you can afford to open any day of the week.
Karen Birmingham, Winemaker
- Daryl’s newest Cab comes from the Alexander Valley, one of the most well respected and premium appellations in Sonoma County, California. It’s one of 18 in total and is particularly well known for the exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon it produces.
- The Cabernets from this appellation offer a refreshing contrast to its well known neighbour, Napa Valley. They have the flavour and complexity of Napa but with a touch less alcohol and a little more elegance.
- It’s deep and dark with all the traditionally unctuous cabernet characters of black fruits, vanilla oak and chocolate. At a first glance you might be expecting something big and dense, but in fact the palate is deceptively elegant, silky-smooth and intensely flavorful.
- You've been lusting after a rich, ripe Zinfandel to get your chops around - so we asked Stephen to put his expertise (plus a big dollop of Californian sunshine) into this master class in a bottle.
- Icons have their status for a reason - and this wine is no exception. Packed to the brim with juicy, flavour-drenched fruit, and a velveteen smoothness that's as comforting as it is delicious.
- Your funding has made a BIG wine possible - and let's face it, you're not going to get a Zin this good anywhere else at this price. Snap up a bottle for yourself and enjoy it - particularly with succulent sausages and lashings of sweet 'n' savoury onion gravy. Heavenly.
This classic, oak-aged Chard gives you a soft, unctuous feel and a rich mouthful of creaminess.
Angel funding not only lets Daryl get his hands on the best fruit and buy the expensive French oak barrels he needs, but also allows him to take as long he needs to make a delightful wine without wasting time on marketing and sales.
Roast chicken is the stereotypical pairing with a buttery Chard... taste this wine with it and you'll understand why!