2018 has been labelled as ‘the vintage of the century’ for English wines so Charles and Ruth decided there was no better time to try something a bit special and knew a Reserve Chardonnay would fit the bill perfectly.
- Grapes straight from their vineyard in the rolling Kent countryside were hand-picked before spending 6 months in plush French oak barrels and bottled up ready for Angels.
- This elegant, fruit-forward and luscious Chard is a beautiful example of the magic Angel funding makes happen. Think premium White Burgundy or posh Napa Chard. So from the Simpsons, and from us, a huge thank you for supporting the English wine industry.
- Never ones to shy away from a challenge, Charles and Ruth grabbed the opportunity to make their first still English red when ‘the vintage of the century’ swept through Old Blighty’s vineyards last year.
- The grapes were hand picked then carefully hand sorted to make sure only the best made it into the bottle, the result is a silky smooth Pinot Noir that’s bursting with dark fruit flavours and a luscious lick of spice. Think red Burgundy without the hefty price-tag.
- Charles and Ruth cannot thank you enough for supporting not only them, but also the ever-growing English wine industry. So cheers to you, Angels for making dreams come true!
- Charles and Ruth may spend most of the year tending to their vineyards in Southern France but 2018 was too good a vintage to miss in the UK so they hurried back into Blighty to make the most out of ‘the vintage of the century’!
- They hand harvested Chardonnay grapes from their vineyards nestled amongst the rolling hills around Canterbury and set about making one of their first still English wines. If ever there was a year it was going to work, it was this one.
- The result is a refreshing, smooth, tropical fruit flavoured sensation! Close your eyes and you could be drinking Premier Cru Chablis...just without a big dent in your wallet. The Simpsons are so thankful for Angel’s unwavering support and hope you love drinking this Chardonnay as much as they loved making it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Oeil de Perdrix is a subtle and elegant expression of pink English fizz. It's finer and more graceful than a full rosé so we bottle it in green glass to protect the delicate colour from the effects of UV light.
- Oeil de Perdrix means 'eye of the partridge' - referring to the pretty blush colour of the wine. It's made by pressing red grapes in a champagne press and so a little colour is left in the clear juice. Ripe strawberries and raspberries dance across your tongue with a fresh and clean finish.
- There's only a small amount to go round. But Angel funding will enable us to make even more pure, delicious, English pink fizz to put into our cellars for you to drink in years to come!
- Charles and Ruth brought their renowned winemaking skills back to old Blighty and created this seriously classy sparkling, which they even let you name! Beora is the name of the Saxon Chief after whom the village of Barham is called.
- This is teamwork at its finest, with the Simpsons expertly harvesting and pressing the grapes and Angels deciding the blend, name and label! Mark our words, this is just the start of the their English wine adventure.
- This clean and vibrant sparkling boasts citrus flavours and a subtle toastiness and, just between us, a price tag that makes it an absolute steal!