New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I want to share the delicious potential of Spanish Monastrell (also known as Mourvèdre) with you, after 18 years of working with this marvellous yet mischievous grape!
- When making my Monastrell, I left the fruit to partly raisin on the vines. This is called “Seleccion Tardia” or Late Selection - and means the grapes are full of densely concentrated flavours. It’s a mellow, juicy wine that will coat your palate with velvety softness and dark luscious ripe plum and cherry fruit, with a hint of sweet spices on the finish.
- The support from the Angels has allowed us the freedom of being selective with the grapes as well as being able to age this wine in the finest oak barrels. Thank you for trusting me to make wines you will enjoy. This is a wonderful community and I am very grateful to be part of it.
David Tofterup, Winemaker
- Carlos made this wine from Tempranillo grapes in one of Spain's most prestigious regions. It's got a pretty big name that you may well recognise from the labels of your favourite red wines. Alas, because the region is pretty red focused this rosé is declassified... but that also means it's great value for money.
- With Angel support Carlos was able to buy grapes in advance and get the best deal possible. Carlos just loves making rosé, and he knew just where to find the best grapes going - with more fruit, taste and balance at his disposal, the end result is simply the perfect summer wine.
- It's everything you want in a rosé - fresh, crisp and bursting with vibrant summer strawberry flavours, all rounded off elegantly with a juicy and refreshing finish
Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
- In Rioja we have really good conditions for white wines, even if we’ve always been recognized for our reds!
- We had a strike of luck in the region around 25 years ago with the appearance of a new grape variety called Tempranillo Blanco. From one shoot 25 years ago, now we have around 500 hectares in the Rioja region and the possibility to enjoy a delicious new grape variety.
- It’s a fresh and crispy white wine with pear and apple in the nose and a rounded mouth feeling with a great balance. It’s an opportunity for Angels to try something really different and exclusive.
After the roaring success of his rule-breaking La Orphica red and white wines, David’s been inspired to complete the set with an elegant, pale pink rosé the likes of which you’ll rarely find in Spain.
David knows how much untapped potential there is in Spain, so he made up his own rules to create this wine… “I wanted to give you the experience with a rosé wine that may be different than what you are used to having from Spain - traditional Spanish rosés tend to be darker coloured. I break this preconceived idea and I want to give people with my rosé wine blend of Garnacha and Bobal a very high-quality Spanish experience. One that combines and enhances the quality and impact of Spanish rosé varietals in an elegant, refreshing blend.”
- Refreshingly elegant, crisp, and mouthwateringly fruity, the Seleccion Sintonia rosé is just summer in a glass, here’s how he describes it… “Clear pale pink colour. The nose has a lovely complex combination of refreshing red fruits, pink grapefruit and blood orange. The palate is gentle, soft and refreshing.”
- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- Chock full of bright and zesty citrus flavours, this wine is as crisp and refreshing as they come. Kiwi Sauvignon fans need not look any further!
- It's a great accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
- Because Carlos works as consultant winemaker for several leading wineries, he has the pick of amazing grapes from all over Spain. And of course, he only picks the best! Which is why this cheeky little red is on our list.
- Young, fruity and fresh, this tastes, literally, like a bowl of strawberries and cream. It is the veritable Little Black Dress of wine. Any place, any time, any occasion.
- At this price you can afford to drink Morum every day. So you might as well start now!
- I was inspired to make this wine to give Angels a different wine experience. I wanted to break the mould with a high quality wine that combines different Spanish white grapes in a unique and delicious blend.
- The nose has a lovely complex combination of refreshing citrus and grapefruit from the Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo, combined with ripe peach and melon from the Viura, and orange blossom from a touch of Moscatel.
- It’s soft, smooth and easy-drinking with a refreshing finish. It’s a really vibrant, delicious, complex wine but still very approachable. A real crowd pleaser.
David Tofterup, Winemaker
- It’s all thanks to Angel funding that David was able to begin his solo winemaking adventure and he couldn’t be more grateful! Crowned Spanish Winemaker of the Year in 2015 and 2017, it’s obvious this guy means business and he pours all his experience and passion into every wine he makes.
- Sourcing the perfect Monastrell grapes for his brand new La Nymphina was David’s main focus and he found them on 40 year old vines situated high up where the hot days and cool nights give grapes longer to ripen.
- It’s a rich, juicy red with a luscious lick of spice thanks to 6 months spent in French oak barrels. In David’s own words, ‘whether for everyday dining or dinner parties with wine savvy friends, La Nymphina Monastrell will deliver and not disappoint’. We couldn’t agree more!
Tao Platon is a man on a mission to save many of Rioja Alavesa’s unique vineyards from being sold off, and he’s doing it by championing the authentic, high quality wines the region is famous for. The cooler climes, older vines and limestone soils in this most northerly part of Rioja produce fresh, gastronomic, age-worthy reds of fine wine quality like this Tempranillo.
The nose is so fine, showing fresh and complex berry aromas, herbal notes, hints of cedar and vanilla. A beautiful oakiness has integrated with the fruit to become its own thing. The palate is fresh, pure and satisfyingly dry, with great fruit intensity, a supple mouthfeel, chalky tannins and an elegant mineral finish. This isn’t your everyday Rioja, this is a fine wine.
- We’re really excited to have Tao on board, taking our Rioja range into world-class territory. He’s made wines all round the world, never stops learning, and he’s brought all that knowledge and experience back home to Spain where, as he says, “I want Angels to experience the beautifully elegant, fresh wines that can be made from the best old vineyards of Rioja Alavesa.”