- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- This Shiraz is the Daniel Craig of our reds. It's smooth & rich, but still packs a punch.
- Angel funding helped the guys keep their best grapes. They used to have to sell them to their neighbours to finance the winemaking. Because of that we get to buy better wines at a lower price, and that saving is passed on to you!
- Aged in expensive French Oak, this smoky, spicy, luscious red is the ideal companion for chargrilled red meat.
- 2016 was quite a year for Johan Kruger. First he gave up his safe Stellenbosch job to go it alone and make his award-winning kit for Naked. Then, when Angels got a taste of his stupidly delicious wines, you nominated him for Winemaker of the Year!
Johan heard he’d been nominated on his son Matteo’s birthday. He felt honoured, and humbled, and determined to pay back the amazing Angels who voted for him, by making a truly spectacular wine. Funding allowed him to get his hands on some truly top-notch fruit and reserve juice and they came together perfectly...
This is a complex wine with dense flavours. Shiraz, Pinotage and Cab Sauv give it a lovely backbone of dark, brooding fruit and peppery complexity, while a splash of Merlot softens the finish to silky-smooth.
- Stephen has been with us since day one. Ten years ago his life changed when Angels rescued his struggling winery, and since then he has gone from strength to strength. Now it’s time to celebrate with something special!
- The Shiraz and Pinotage in the blend pack in bags of oomph and rich flavour. But Stephen’s stroke of genius was to add in Petit Verdot and Grenache to take the velvety opulence to another level. Think soft waves of rich black fruit and chocolate, oak, spice, liquorice (all the good stuff), erupting all over your taste buds.
- Instead of breaking into a raucous chorus of ‘Happy Birthday to Us’, let us propose a toast. Here’s to you, our Angels. To Stephen. And all our winemakers who have made the past 10 years a truly incredible journey. We could not have done it without you.
- In our opinion this is one of Stephen's best blends, and the combination of Cab Sauv, Shiraz and Merlot is about as close to perfection from South Africa, at this price, that we reckon you'll get. It certainly had us excited, when we got the chance to buy a small parcel.
- Full-bodied, and brimming with plum and blackcurrant flavours, it's worth paying the extra pennies to give it a try.
- Wonderful with something simple and homely, like a Lancashire hot-pot, that allows the wine to shine.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser - and 90% of over 30,000 Angels agree.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- Bruwer is a self confessed Cab Franc freak. He loves making delicious wine with it and this blend is a masterful example of how to do it right.
- The Cab Franc brings out beautiful red cherry and red plum flavours while the Malbec adds brooding bramble flavours with a spicy hit from the Pinotage, all wrapped up with delicious herbaceous aromas of rosemary.
- The fruit from this blend comes from the ultra premium wine growing regions in Stellenbosch and you would normally have to pay an arm and a leg to get this quality but Bruwer got it all for a steal.
- Bruwer has won every award under the sun - and rather than letting success go to his head, he always keeps some in reserve for his favourite Angels.
- After making his super duper premium flagship wine, he had a few grapes left over and he's sharing them with YOU.
- Wines by such an iconic winemaker shouldn't come this cheap. Fresh as a daisy, drinks best whilst young, which is great because you won't be able to stop yourself from drinking it up right away.
- This wine is extra special to me. It was blended with a group of lovely Angels at the Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield... which also happens to be my birthplace!
- Boy did they do a good job. The result is this delicious 3 grape blend, predominantly unwooded Grenache with a dollop of Syrah and just a smidgeon of Mourvedre.
- The Grenache brings ripe and expressive fruit, think freshly picked raspberries sprinkled with cracked black pepper and a dribble of molasses. The Syrah adds weight and concentration, whilst the small percentage of oak aged Mourvèdre adds an extra dimension of savoury, spicy complexity.