- Carmen is one of the rare winemakers who knows exactly how to coax the best out of South Africa's tricky Chenin Blanc.
- This has purity written all over it. Crisp clean, apple and white peach fruit flavours running alongside a lovely creamy, soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- The perfect partner for a lovely fresh piece of cod, or a plateful of creamy mussels.
- Bruwer has won every award under the sun - and rather than letting success go to his head, he always keeps some in reserve for his favourite Angels.
- After making his super duper premium flagship wine, he had a few grapes left over and he's sharing them with YOU.
- Wines by such an iconic winemaker shouldn't come this cheap. Fresh as a daisy, drinks best whilst young, which is great because you won't be able to stop yourself from drinking it up right away.
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce...4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours as well as a delightful minerality and a rich creaminess that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd pleaser - and 90% of over 30,000 Angels agree.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- This wine is extra special to me. It was blended with a group of lovely Angels at the Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield... which also happens to be my birthplace!
- Boy did they do a good job. The result is this delicious 3 grape blend, predominantly unwooded Grenache with a dollop of Syrah and just a smidgeon of Mourvedre.
- The Grenache brings ripe and expressive fruit, think freshly picked raspberries sprinkled with cracked black pepper and a dribble of molasses. The Syrah adds weight and concentration, whilst the small percentage of oak aged Mourvèdre adds an extra dimension of savoury, spicy complexity.
- Grenache Blanc is rarely made as a single variety wine and is mostly used in blends in well known regions like Chateauneuf du Pape and Cote du Rhone. But this grape is so expressive, I just jumped at the chance to make this.
- I have made this wine from parcels usually reserved for much more expensive wines. Luckily, as I know the grower well, I have managed to secure them for a keen price so that you Angels can benefit from a great value wine.
- Pale lemon colour with gentle scents of dill, Honeydew melon and quince. Fluid and supple in texture this wine is chock-full of ripe green apples, greengage, fenugreek, lemon wedges and dried pears finishing with a light Riesling-like kerosene character. This is a perfect on its own or alternatively a delicious fresh aperitif prior to a meal.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- Richard spent years making fine wines for the most prestigious winery in South Africa. Now with a sprinkle of Angel funding, he's bringing all of his passion, experience and know-how to your glass.
- An elegant and refined Syrah with a graceful touch. Bursting with fresh and vibrant dark fruits... with a splice of ground white pepper to give it that spicy kick Syrah is famous for.
- This delectable drop makes the perfect crowning glory on your finest Sunday roast - grab yourself a lovely top-side of beef and watch their jaws drop.