New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
- Originally trained in Bordeaux, Jean-Pascal is now an icon in Chile - where every delicious wine he touches ends up dripping in medals and critical acclaim.
- He's worked his magic on two of Chile's most popular grape varieties to create this show-stopper of a wine - especially for YOU.
- The magical mix of Angel funding, supreme winemaking and ultra-premium grapes make every last drop of his Cabernet Carmenere ove
- Carménère has become, for many people, the emblematic grape for Chile. I want to show this variety in different styles, so I made this Carmenere with no oak. It is fresh and lighter, and hopefully will appeal to lots of Angels.
- Naked Wines has supported me, first by trusting in my abilities as a winemaker and secondly by providing the money that was needed to get my hands on the very best grapes.
- The Carménère has spices and juicy black fruit. It is a very expressive wine, but with great softness. My favourite pairing is with pork ribs or empanadas.
There’s a reason why mouth-watering Chilean Merlot like this is among the UK’s most popular wines. With bags of lush fruity flavour, a touch of decadent spice and velvety-soft tannins - Natalia’s La Fortuna is the perfect crowd-pleasing, comfort blanket red to pull out on any occasion.
On the nose it has aromas of delicious dark fruits - think lush black cherries and plums - with delicate spicy notes of black pepper, cocoa beans and vanilla. The palate follows through nicely with a smooth, velvety texture and all those lovely fruity, spicy flavours gently linger on your taste buds. It gave us butterflies the first time we tasted it.
Most importantly it does all that without breaking the bank. At under a tenner, the quality level is quite simply astonishing. Making a wine this delicious at that price is arguably harder than making the posh stuff because there’s so much you need to get absolutely spot-on. And Natalia has nailed it.
- Although it is considered one of the six original red varieties of Bordeaux, it is in Chile where the most vineyards of Carménère are planted. Angels kept asking us to make a 100% Carménère, and we couldn't resist the opportunity. We found the best fruit for the Gran Reserva label, concentrating the rich flavours with oak ageing.
- Naked Wines has supported us, first by trusting in our abilities as winemakers and secondly by providing the money we needed to get our hands on the best grapes and French oak barrels.
- The Carménère is distinguished by a deep purplish-red color, with expressive flavors of black cherries, plums, raspberries, blackberries and ripe red pepper, spicy aromas combine well with those of chocolate and tobacco. It can be aged for 7 to 8 years, if you can wait that long
- JP is the icon behind one of Chile’s most famous wines. So when he called to say he’d found some ultra-premium Cabernet grapes in the Maipo Valley (the Mecca of Chilean Cab Sav), we told him to go nuts.
- Thanks to Angel funding, JP lavished the delicious nectar in the poshest French oak to make his most mouth-wateringly decadent drop yet. Rich, lush and seriously complex with bags of juicy wild berries, a touch of elegant herbs and spice and a smooth, looooong finish. It's pretty special.
- This incredible wine has all the qualities you’d expect from a truly great Cab Sav… and it’ll only get better with age.
- JP is the legend behind one of Chile's most iconic (and expensive) wines. But after a hard day in the vineyard, he likes to pour himself a large glass of this Carmenere.
- With ripe plums and berries, plus a touch of black pepper – this is an easy drinking red with a seriously naughty glint in its eye.
- Soft, smooth and so drinkable, it's best enjoyed with shoes kicked off, feet up and your favourite film on the box. And if you want to pair it with food (it doesn’t need it!) JP swears by spiced beef empanadas!
For years JP had his heart set on making a mind-blowing Bordeaux blend then, in 2017, he won 'The Crush', with thousands of Angels voting to make his dream come true! He took his funding straight to the Maipo Valley; a renowned paradise full of seriously expensive wines.
The result is a deep, dark, brooding red that boasts a luxuriously long finish that just goes on and on. It's elegant, classy and you can bet that a wine of this quality from Bordeaux would cost a whole lot more than the £12.99 price tag JP has stuck on it.
He can't thank Angels enough for making his dreams come true and hopes you'll enjoy every drop!
- Anyone who's tasted Connie's reds would be wrong if they thought she was simply a one trick pony.
- She is just as good with her whites, as this vibrant Sauvignon Blanc so readily shows.
- This is an expressive wine that's bursting with character, standing out head and shoulders above mainstream Sauvignon Blancs. It's herbaceous, refreshing and brimming with minerality and citrus flavours.
- Picture this. You’re in the heart of the Limari Valley in Chile where blue sky reigns year round and there’s a refreshing ocean breeze coming in from the Pacific. It’s the perfect place to grow healthy, fresh and aromatic white grapes which is exactly why Connie picked it.
- Light yellow, almost white, in colour with delicate floral notes, this absolute stunner is all yours for just £9.99.
- If you like your fresh Chilean whites then get this in your basket stat as there are only a handful of bottles to go around. It’s a great one for sharing. Or not. We won’t judge.