- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was from the Gentle Annie vineyard, which Sam has been working with for over 20 years. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think red fruits, blackcurrant, black pepper and spicy note from oak... deee-lish!
- Intense flavours, full bodied but a bit more restrained than your standard Aussie Shiraz... this is superbly stylish and beautifully balanced, you'll love it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The boy met the girl and this is the love child. A product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- Light, zippy and classically fruit laden, this white will have your taste buds dancing for joy. A crowd pleasing all-rounder with or without food.
- A mixed fruit salad of aromas assaults the senses, with punchy fruit flavours of passionfruit, guava and lemon sherbet lingering on the palate.
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We are whipping out the big guns and that starts with this show stopping Top Shelf Cabernet Merlot from Stuart Pym.
- The nose is rich and complex with fresh fruit impacts of lifted red and blue berries, damask plum and hints of cassis. This is all floating with subtle cedary notes from the French Oak.
- A rich lush wine of profound generosity, yet a retained sense of elegance with every sip. Mulberries, plums and blackberries enchant with every sip. The Merlot creates a perfect wine to drink now and combined with the Cabernet Sauvignon packs in tannins making it perfect to lay down for a few years too (if you can resist).
- The Boy (Adrian) met the Girl (Rebecca) and this is the love child... a product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- Deliciously crisp with a fragrant scent of pears and apples and a hint of blush pink from keeping the grape skins in contact with the juice for a few hours... who'da thought that Pinot Grigio grapes are actually red in colour!
- The Aussie Angels keep most of this beauty for themselves so be sure to taste before we run out of our limited allocation.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- If you haven't had a Hunter Valley Verdelho, then boy you are in for a treat!
- A vibrant and fresh tipple with bright aromas of melon and apricot which leave you with a super refreshing finish.
- Drink this wine straight from the fridge with a delightful platter of fresh seafood.
Straight from a gorgeous little vineyard in the breathtaking Hunter Valley comes Thomas’ Wiley Rooster Rose. He gushed at how great the land was to work and says it produced something really rather special in 2018 which he couldn’t wait to share with Angels, and here it is!
Beautiful pale pink in colour with aromas of fresh strawberries and a subtle hint of Turkish Delight, this is a fresh, well-balanced and utterly delicious rose that we just can’t get enough of.
Thomas says this one is best enjoyed with some fresh seafood, a delicious cheese platter or simply by itself, curled up with a good book.