- Antoine is all about region and letting his grapes do the talking. He really couldn't have chosen a better region than Pouilly Fume to do just that. As Sauvignon Blanc goes it's pretty tricky to find anything as well rounded, yet as citrusy crisp as a Pouilly Fume - Antoine's vineyards have proved no exception to this very premium rule.
- You can add this to your list of 'good things in small packages' as Antoine's been sure to pick only the best grapes to make sure each bottle is of towering quality, even if that does mean cutting down on quantity. You don't see something like this everyday, that's for sure.
- This is a wine that radiates some serious class with flavours of pear, zippy goosberry, and an incredibly delicate smokeyness on the round up.
- Olivier is one of those young pioneers that we more often associate with the young, forward thinking winemakers that we work with in the Languedoc than Bordeaux. In deciding to adopt a completely holistic approach to wine making and farming he embraced organic principles from the outset, moving to biodynamics in 2016.
The vineyards of Chateau de Bel are located on a gentle sloping plateaux on the edge of the Dordogne river, where the soils are composed of well drained sandy clay overlying beds of gravel. Vineyards have been planted here since at least the 17th century and the reputation of the site for good wines has long been acknowledged.
This is not your typical wine coming from Bordeaux. 100% Cabernet Franc grape, non vintage because it’s a blend of 7 different vintages which is quite unusual in Bordeaux !
- This is some of Herbert's most exclusive stuff made from Austrian Grüner Veltiner grapes, grown in a single vineyard the locals refer to as Ried Weintal. Grüner Veltiner is a real up-and-comer that already had wine critics peering over their spectacles, but combined with the unique conditions of Ried Weintal, Herbert has made something really rather exceptional.
- This wine focuses on celebrating the land it was grown from, using only the most natural processes to create the unvarnished style Herbert revels in. Nothing is added, nothing removed. Herbert lets the grapes do all the talking, working closely with the soil and the vines during the growing process, before taking a step back once the wine hits the cellar.
- With such a rich profile of flavours tightly curled into each bottle, this wine will enjoy a little time to unfurl and open up. Decant or crack open the bottle well before serving to reveal a golden, rounded mouthfeel, with bright flavours of quince, golden delicious apples, white pepper meeting ripe toasty notes of baked apples and pear.
- Mr Darnault can do no wrong - and now, he's taking your wine to a whole new level. His latest Languedoc blending masterclass is vegan, organic AND bio-dynamic... making this ruby red gem just as Heavenly as the Angels that made it possible.
- WOW... what can we say? While the beautifully concentrated, vibrant red fruit flavour of Carignan dances on your tastebuds, your mouth will be wrapped in plush, velveteen tannins. Add smoky, sultry Syrah to the mix and you've got a finish to savour with every sip.
- Ben works super hard to find the fruit for this wine. And based on the previous vintages, it won't last! Try it while you can with some herby, French-style sausages and mustard. Divine.
- Herbert's an international Grüner Veltliner specialist, and has been making some of the biggest names in the business peer over their spectacles. So when we say he's made you some of the finest examples of Austrian Grüner Veltliner going, we're not pulling your leg.
- Grüner Veltliner is Austria's most popular grape and a bit like Herbert, is gaining some serious momentum in exclusive wine circles, both for its quality and its fine, distinctive flavours. Herbert lets the grapes do all the talking, working closely with the soil and the vines during the growing process, before taking a step back once the wine hits the cellar.
- The aim of the game is to keep the process as natural and sustainable as possible, a technique that results in this effortlessly complex wine. Full of character and citrusy crisp flavours of lemon, lime and vibrant nectarine - it's an utterly gripping sunshine sipper.