- I came across this wine on a visit to a local producer in the village Maury. I was blown away by the complexity and sumptuous flavours. I thought it would be fun to bottle just a small amount of the 2000 vintage for Angels.
- This style of Maury is a fortified wine... your ultimate Christmas tipple! Each sip is bursting with treacle, nuts, figs, coffee and cocoa.
- Crack this open after your Christmas dinner, it pairs perfectly with pudding.
- Jen learned from the best. She hails from dessert wine Royalty... the Pfeiffer family are famous for their spectacular stickies!
- With ideal growing conditions and perfect fruit, Rutherglen is THE premium region for dessert wines.
- Sweet, syrupy, raisiny, yummy goodness in a glass. Best paired with strong cheeses, sweet treats and good company.
- Jen learned from the best. Her family are famous for their dessert wines. She's stepping out of her father's shadow with this delicious sticky.
- Only the very best grapes get this sort of star treatment. 10 years in the making, they've been lavished with tender love and affection.
- This gloriously sweet, barrel-aged, golden nectar is one of the best we've EVER tasted.
- This is one of Virgile's pet projects, lavished (as always) in lots of loving care and attention. It's a sensational little sweetie that just oozes old worldly sweet shop charm.
- It's heavenly, heady and full of fabulous fragrant lifts - from delicate rose petal to bright, lively bergamot and orange zest. Locally in the Languedoc, this is a much-coveted speciality.
- This bottle of sticky goodness lends itself spectacularly to being poured over ice (or not!) and enjoyed alongside a slice of rich, velvety chocolate orange cake. And for under a tenner, we reckon it would be rude not to...
Read more about Virgile and his amazing story in his book here!
- Our village is famous for its vermouth. It’s a gorgeous drink that we whip out at any excuse and I wanted you Angels to taste it too - your investment has made this whole thing entirely possible.
- Thanks to the local botanicals you get orange peel and elderflower on the nose. It's slightly sweet to start, with a deliciously complex palate of herbs and a bitter ending - a truly authentic experience that's ideal as an aperitif.
- My vermouth is non-chill filtered, so you might notice a slight cloudiness, or even tiny botanicals floating about. These are completely harmless to drink, and only add to the flavour!
- Lovingly aged for 3 years in stainless steel vats, this is a versatile fruity Port
- Red fruits shine through, think of cherries, raspberries and redcurrant with a little plum too
- Oscar has some great food pairing ideas for this delicious ruby Port. Try it with dates & bacon as a canape, or with an indulgent chocolate mousse for dessert
- Recently awarded a whopping 88 points by Wine Spectator!
- Nope, not the stuff of nostalgia - Alvaro's SILVER medal winning Cream Sherry is a new breed of beautifully balanced wine that's just itching to blow your preconceptions clean away.
- Cream by name but just the right kind of creamy by nature. This sherry will surprise you with its freshness, vibrancy and luscious depth of flavour.
- Fortify literally means 'to increase the effectiveness of, with additional ingredients.' We urge you to fortify your wine rack with a bottle (or two) of this delight, and try it with some smooth 'n' salty blue cheese.
- Every year on the tour Angels have asked me about Tawny Port. I used to say that one day it would come, sooner or later. And here it is now!
- A special thank you to my Archangels who have been tireless helping me to spread the word about my wines. Without them I'm sure this Port wouldn't be here.
- Tawny Port is the cask aged version of Port. It develops a nutty character due to the aging for five years in oak. This is a classic Port with plenty of complexity and elegance.
Oscar - Winemaker