- The juicy, indulgent Montepulciano from undiscovered Italian winemaker Riccardo Iacobone bagged the most votes at every single tasting.
- With rich and intense blackberry flavours, a yummy chunk of chocolate and and a velvety smooth smoky lick, it’s no surprise that the voting box was overflowing with tokens.
- Riccardo could hardly believe it when we gave him the good news - thanks to the power of your votes, he’s bagged a game-changing order for his business.
Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocca and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
- The 2012 vintage of this little beauty was a huge hit with the Aussie Angels (and top wine critic James Halliday - who awarded it a whopping 93 points) ...now finally we've got our hands on it!
- This rich, elegant blend is Adrian and Rebecca's take on a Rhone classic. Take a long sip and let it wrap around your tongue like a velvety-smooth cashmere blanket - the perfect winter warmer.
- And because your Angel funding set Adrian and Rebecca up in business, they're giving you mates' rates.
- The Best Wine in Spain over £10 according to Decanter - Gorka's gift to you.
- This may not be cheap, but if you're looking for a wine to fit a very special occasion, look no further.
- All the wonders one would hope for from a Rioja, plus those touches you know only comes from great hands - Gorka's. Bundles of rich rich rich red fruits, oak, tobacco and oodles of length. Splendid!
- To get the best out of this wine, Gorka recommends decanting it for an hour before drinking.
- This wine is halfway between a classical Crianza and a more modern style. David can’t resist putting his little twist on this delicious wine.
- Chock full of ripe blackcurrants, black cherries and bramble fruit with a touch of subtle sweet spices like vanilla, cloves and cinnamon from the 12 months spent ageing in oak.
- David pairs this wine with your Sunday roast beef. Rich, complex and elegant, it will take that special Sunday lunch to the next level.
- When we tried Ruth and Ana’s wine for the first time we had to stop and do a double take. Dripping with elegance and charm, this wine is ready to take you to a fancy party and make you look good all night.
- Chock full of smooth velvety tannins, lucious dark fruit and a lick of tummy warming oak, it’s the perfect wine to open when you want to impress the heck out of your friends. That’s if you’re generous enough to share!
- This is the ultimate dinner party favour. Looks good, tastes better and wait until you try it with some manchego and Ibérico ham. Perfect doesn’t quite cover it.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
Our flying winemaker Dom's favourite place to make wine is Puglia... and we can see why. This Primitivo is brimming with Italian sunshine.
His powerhouse of a red still packs a punch whilst retaining a velvety Italian elegance. It's gorgeously deep and dark and decadent, and so smooth it'll slip down far too quickly.
Thanks to Angel funding, it's a complete bargain. So you can afford to splash out on a big fat juicy steak to eat alongside it.