- If David was on Mastermind, Lodi Chardonnay would be his specialist subject. He tastes fruit from over 8,000 acres of the stuff every single year.
- One of the oldest Chardonnay vineyards in the region was on the verge of being ripped up because it didn't produce as much fruit as surrounding plots. Angel funding helped David to rescued the vines and focus on quality over quantity.
- Ripe, rich, delicious and opulent, this is the most complex and classy Chardonnay you'll find at this price - and you don't have to feel guitly about drinking it on a weeknight!
- I've worked with the Nuiton Beaunoy winery for many years making my Pinot Noir and I've always admired these tiny and rare parcels of ultra-premium white wines that their winemaker nurtures. They're normally unavailable outside the winery, but I persuaded him to let me show it to you!
- I'm proud to work with this winemaker and to showcase one of his gems, bringing you the chance to try a wine that is very rare and expensive.
- This wine is a classic style of full bodied Burgundian Chardonnay. With toasted oak, elegant floral notes, some butterscotch and creamy peach fruits, and a long lingering finish. There's only a few hundred bottles available. It's fantastic to drink now, but will also age beautifully over the coming years.
- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!
- To create the Cutler Chardonnay I have sourced grapes from cooler climates around the Western Cape of South Africa. The grapes from these areas benefit from long cool summers that helps heighten and define its flavour.
- These cooler climates are hugely sought after by winemakers, and as you would expect the prices for those grapes are higher. Naked funding has allowed me to secure high quality grapes for several vintages, so that Angels can enjoy consistently high quality Chardonnay for years to come.
- The Cutler Chardonnay has a lovely freshness to it, apple, pear and peach flavours and an elegance and finesse that comes from 50% of the wine sitting in oak, and the other half left un-oaked.
- This is to a traditional oaky Aussie chardonnay what Saville Row is to Primark. Buy this instead of the most expensive Montrachet you can find and you won't be disappointed.
- Caroline told us this is her best Chardonnay to date…and we were quick to agree! We only have 300 bottles. You can beg all you want, but when these are gone there'll be no more 'til next year. Seriously.
- A wine that's amazing to drink now for the impatient amongst you. But good things come to those who wait - this Chardonnay has some serious aging potential 10 years down the line…if you can wait that long!
- Selection is the name we give to our top wines, which are only possible in great vintages. 2013 was such a great vintage for Weissburgunder we were thrilled to be able to make it.
- As the Weissburgunder Selection is the newest wine in our assortment, we only bottled a few of them. Now that Naked Wines Archangels have chosen it, just a few months after we put it on the market, we will produce more of it.
- It is a good feeling and makes us tremendously happy to see our new baby that successful.
Martin & Andrea Hirtl - Winemakers
- Richard does Elgin best. Fact. To prove it, he's won the ultimate accolade in South African winemaking, the Platter 5 stars for Chardonnay
- All this meant it was a no-brainer to invest in Richard. We've landed up with Burgundian quality at South African prices
- The doyenne of wine writing, Jancis Robinson, wrote a glowing review of the previous vintage. And awarded it a fine score of 16.5+/20
- I'm so excited to have the opportunity to push out the boat and make this awesome wine... a reserve Sauvignon Blanc.
- Our vineyard, in New Zealand's Hawkes Bay foothills is known for its warm days and cool nights - creating those wonderfully vibrant passionfruit and pineapple flavours we know and love from Kiwi Sauvignon.
- All the rulebooks say Kiwi Sauvignon is best fermented in tanks and bottled young. But the tropical flavours really lend themselves to a touch of oak - it gives it a level of complexity and flavour to die for. I hope you agree!
Emma Lowe, Winemaker
- Scott has slaved over the very best Chardonnay grapes he could find to make you a wine packed with all the best bits of the variety.
- The juice-drenched ripe fruit of an English orchard, with a blast of Californian sunshine - aged to perfection in French oak for a gorgeously buttery finish. Close your eyes, feel the sun on your face and take a sip... yep, you're already there!
- You're getting a top-shelf wine for virtually half the price. It doesn't get much better than that.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Charles and Ruth are the masters of giving grapes all the love and expertise they need to be elevated into super-stardom. This is pure, 100% unadulterated Roussanne that's been allowed to strut its stuff - and in a word, it's delicious.
- Rich and rounded, creamy and decadent, with a subtle kiss of the finest French oak money can buy. It'll slip over your taste buds beautifully with its savoury supple fruit, and slip down your throat very easily indeed...
- Usually, this grape would be hidden away in ultra-premium Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to YOUR funding, Charles can finally showcase just how good this grape can be - without the super-size price tag. Snap up a bottle and try it with crab ravioli for a meal that you'll really want to write home about.