- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!
- Naked were extremely open to me pushing the boundaries with Sauvignon Blanc. They encouraged me to challenge the norm, and break all the rules.
- I absolutely love the versatility of Sauvignon Blanc. When the fruit is good enough, it's a real treat to allow some juice to ferment in premium oak. This takes the Sauvignon Blanc to a whole other level.
- I’m really thrilled with the result - it tastes like a silky smooth tropical explosion. The critics agree – it just picked up a Gold medal and 3 trophies including Best Sauvignon Blanc at the prestigious IWC awards!
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
- To make this Chardonnay, I sourced grapes from cooler climates around the Western Cape of South Africa. The grapes from these areas benefit from long cool summers that helps heighten and define its flavour.
- These cooler climates are hugely sought after by winemakers, and as you would expect the prices for those grapes are higher. Naked funding has allowed me to secure high quality grapes for several vintages, so that Angels can enjoy consistently high quality Chardonnay for years to come.
- The Cutler Chardonnay has a lovely freshness to it, apple, pear and peach flavours and an elegance and finesse that comes from 50% of the wine sitting in oak, and the other half left un-oaked.
- Gisborne is the spiritual home for Chardonnay in New Zealand - producing delicious, top quality Chardonnay. But the fascination for Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc has meant that smaller growers in Gisborne have struggled, which is a real shame.
- The 2014 Winemaker of The Year competition gave me the opportunity to pitch this reinvention of Gisborne Chardonnay. Thankfully, in a very close run vote, I secured that opportunity and the funding to make it a reality!
- Unlike the big and heavy Chardonnay of yesteryear, my Gisborne Chardonnay has bags of freshness and vitality, with white peach and brioche flavours. A small amount of new French oak was used, and a portion was matured in concrete egg shaped tanks - giving lovely flint and earth notes. I hope you love it!
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- I have some 45 year old bush vine Chenin Blanc that produces top quality grapes. I always wondered what this wine would taste like if I was to bottle it separately, Naked Angel funding gave me the opportunity to finally do it.
- The Raats Bush vine Chenin Blanc Limited 2014 was the maiden release of this very special and limited production, only 3000 bottles were made.
- This wine epitomises the understated elegance of Chenin Blanc - with lashings of rich oak. Its restrained, yet complex, with quince, ripe pear, orange blossoms, nettles and spice. The wine's beauty lies in its lightness of touch and in the elegant way its oaky complexity is revealed.
- If David was on Mastermind, Lodi Chardonnay would be his specialist subject. He tastes fruit from over 8,000 acres of the stuff every single year.
- One of the oldest Chardonnay vineyards in the region was on the verge of being ripped up because it didn't produce as much fruit as surrounding plots. Angel funding helped David to rescued the vines and focus on quality over quantity.
- Ripe, rich, delicious and opulent, this is the most complex and classy Chardonnay you'll find at this price - and you don't have to feel guilty about drinking it on a weeknight!
- Richard does Elgin best. Fact. To prove it, he's won the ultimate accolade in South African winemaking, the Platter 5 stars for Chardonnay
- All this meant it was a no-brainer to invest in Richard. We've landed up with Burgundian quality at South African prices
- The doyenne of wine writing, Jancis Robinson, wrote a glowing review of a previous vintage. And awarded it a fine score of 16.5+/20
- Marlborough Chardonnay is becoming increasingly harder to get hold of. Thanks to your Angel funding, I have been able to secure two fantastic parcels from unique vineyards sites on opposite sides of Marlborough's Wairau Valley which I hope to hold on to!
- Hand-picked, whole bunch pressed, wild fermented Marlborough Chardonnay from a cracking vintage simply doesn't get any better dollar for dollar. This wine is punching well above its price point.
- It's a delicious harmony of vibrant citrus, complex ripe figs, luxurious toasted cashew, zingy grapefruit zest and lemon meringue pie... elegant, yet highly persuasive. It's begging to be drunk right now.
- I believe that there is no greater translator of terroir than Chardonnay. I think this shows off my style of winemaking perfectly, I just had to share this wine with you.
- Chardonnay grapes and the cost of barrels make it difficult to grow the volumes. When I heard there was an opportunity for a new Chardonnay in Naked Wines’ range I couldn't resist putting this wine together for the Angels. Thank you Angels and Naked for believing in me and helping me fund this awesome Chardonnay.
- Light gold in colour with a green tinge, on the nose there is complex citrus, green apples and pears followed by a light toasty character from the 30% new French Oak. These flavours integrate on a seemless, well balanced palate with a butterscotch, citrus mineral finish.