WE'RE NOT SURE
- This super-special late bottled vintage Port has been lovingly aged for 5 years under Oscar's care - at this price it's a steal.
- It is a vintage Port in style, but not in price.Try it and you'll be hooked!
- Oscar's deliciouly deep ruby LBV just scooped a Silver medal in the IWC awards and a whopping 93 points on Parker's Wine Advocate - being crowned the best value in the fortified category!
- I came across this wine on a visit to a local producer in the village Maury. I was blown away by the complexity and sumptuous flavours. I thought it would be fun to bottle just a small amount of the 2000 vintage for Angels.
- This style of Maury is a fortified wine. Each sip is bursting with treacle, nuts, figs, coffee and cocoa.
- Crack this open after a big and hearty dinner, it pairs perfectly with pudding.
- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Scheurebe and Riesling grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
- You've been crying out for more Port... so we asked Portuguese winemaking legend Luis to make us something truly scrumptious.
- Rich, sweet 'n smooth, it's totally moreish.
- Enjoy with a good wedge of the smelliest cheese you can get your hands on. Divine.
- Not many wines actually taste of what they're made of. This one does. Perfectly ripe, super-sweet, big ol' juicy grapes.
- Ben bought it from one of his clients at mates' rates. And because you support him, he's passing the low price on to you. Call it your reward.
- Organic. And better for it. Treat your body like the temple it is and drink something completely natural.
- Sam’s little sweetie is made from grapes grown in the (rather exclusive) Strathbogie Ranges of Central Victoria - and crikey, it's a stonker!
- Beautifully honeyed summer fruits mix with sweet, sumptuous spices to make a seriously refined dessert wine. This is the kind of nectar that the Gods of Mount Olympus could only dream of.
- We recommend super chilling it, cracking it open and pouring a large serving for one!
- Our Noble Riesling is a golden dessert wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. It's a rich and sweet wine that is at the same time juicy refreshing. And because it's so concentrated there are actually more grapes that go into this 375ml bottle than would go into a full 750ml of dry Riesling!
- We've been making a dry Riesling for Angels since 2011, however there are also vines of Riesling that grow alongside ours that have been making trophy winning stickies for years. With Naked Wines backing us all the way, we knew we could take the risk.
- Sticky winemaking is a very risky venture - you need just the right conditions to allow the 'good' (or 'noble') form of botrytis to develop on, but not overpower, the grapes. Fortunately the weather gods smiled upon us with perfect weather, so the winemaking was a cinch and the wine is looking great.
Bill & Claudia Small, Winemaker
- Jen learned from the best. She hails from dessert wine Royalty... the Pfeiffer family are famous for their spectacular stickies!
- With ideal growing conditions and perfect fruit, Rutherglen is THE premium region for dessert wines.
- Sweet, syrupy, raisiny, yummy goodness in a glass. Best paired with strong cheeses, sweet treats and good company.
- Jen learned from the best. Her family are famous for their dessert wines. She's stepping out of her father's shadow with this delicious sticky.
- Only the very best grapes get this sort of star treatment. 10 years in the making, they've been lavished with tender love and affection.
- This gloriously sweet, barrel-aged, golden nectar is one of the best we've EVER tasted.
- This is one of Virgile's pet projects, lavished (as always) in lots of loving care and attention. It's a sensational little sweetie that just oozes old worldly sweet shop charm.
- It's heavenly, heady and full of fabulous fragrant lifts - from delicate rose petal to bright, lively bergamot and orange zest. Locally in the Languedoc, this is a much-coveted speciality.
- This bottle of sticky goodness lends itself spectacularly to being poured over ice (or not!) and enjoyed alongside a slice of rich, velvety chocolate orange cake. And for under a tenner, we reckon it would be rude not to...
Read more about Virgile and his amazing story in his book here!