- This wine was a blast to make. Deciding on which varieties to put in the blend, spending time with the grower on how to deal with them differently, when to pick, how to process into wine - so many absorbing forks in the road and I loved every minute. Waipara makes beautiful aromatic wines and I was keen to put a different slant on this.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Beautiful, light and ethereal on the nose with quite a bouquet of lychee, citrus fruits and freshly picked white spring flowers. A fresh and lengthy palate carries the citrus fruits throughout with a hint of fruit sweetness but finishing dry. Great by itself or with light meals.
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Aromatics lovers rejoice! A & R's favourite old-world styles were the inspiration behind this delicate, semi-dry blend that's changing a few views on the classics.
- Predominantly made up of Gewurztraminer, Riesling and Pinot Gris, the stuff of off-dry dreams. Expect tropical fruit, minerality and a little sweet spice in the finish. Fragrant, delicate and full of finesse.
- Whatever you do, don't over chill this one - you'll lose the subtle flavours that make the wine so special. Take it out of the fridge when you order your Thai takeaway and try not to sneak a sip while you wait... go on, we dare you!
- Thanks to Angel funding, Bill and Claudia were able to make their first ever Gewurztraminer. It’s their first new variety for a couple of years and there’s only a limited number of them so make sure you snap it up quickly.
They have worked their magic once again, with this wine oozing classic Gewurz flavours and aromas. We’re talking rose petal, spices and a plethora of exotic deliciousness.
It’s full-flavoured, beautifully balanced with a slightly off-dry finish and they hope you love drinking it as much as they loved making it!
- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
- The talented Peter Klein is currently crafting some of the best wines to come out of Germany. You'll be pleased to hear that this delightful Muskateller is definitely no exception - light, fresh and a lunchtime blues-beating 10% ABV. What more could you want?
- You like your wines to be full of flavour... but not too sweet. It's that elusive 'right kind of off-dry' that Peter has skilfully bottled by the barrel-load for you. Full of scrumptiously exotic lychee and juicy ripe pear, all balanced with a lift of lemon and a mouth-wateringly fragrant finish.
- Thanks to your Angel funding, you're getting a world-class wine for a steal. Snap up a bottle (or two) and try it with some succulent smoked salmon. It's wonderful for washing down that cheeky slice of cake, too...
- Stefano wanted to showcase two of the oldest grape varieties of Sicily and found a corner of the island where the vines could thrive, with rich soils and an abundance of glorious sunshine.
- Thanks to Angel funding he has been able to experiment with a new blend that is truly one of a kind. Catarratto and Zibibbo met for the first time and, under Stefano’s careful watch, have proven they form an extraordinary pair.
- This rich white oozes tropical fruit flavours and sensational aromatics. If exotic wines are your thing then meet your new best friend. We guess all that’s left to say now is ‘cin cin’ (that’s cheers in Italian!).
- Stephen's made many amazing wines for us, but we really couldn't believe this Viognier when we tasted it!
- Viognier is the Rhone's white wine gift to the wine world. This little Californian number is off the beaten path but it's a sensational wine at a very un-Rhone price.
- Serve it deliciously cold and this zingy, peaches & cream dream, will keep you and your friends refreshed all year 'round!
- Peter Klein is one lucky guy - he's young, talented, and on the road to great things. But most importantly of all, he has YOUR funding - and without that, this ravishingly ripe and refreshing Riesling couldn't exist.
- A crisp and lively flavour explosion, with juicy lemon, luscious lime and white peach positively bounding out of each glass. Top that off with a heavenly hint of fragrant honeysuckle, and you've got a wine worthy of even the fanciest al fresco feast.
- Wines of this quality don't come cheap - unless you're an Angel, of course! Riesling and spicy food are best friends forever, but if you're not a fan of the fire... grab yourself a bottle and try it with some marinated chicken and minty yoghurt dip for a bit of mid-week decadence.
- Mike was the genius behind the iconic Jackson Estate for 10 years, where he was head winemaker. A magnet for awards and Parker Points, his bold, fruity Sauvignons go gangbusters with Angels.
- But as a side hobby he loves going toe to toe with the world’s best, making spectacular parcels of what he calls his ‘desert island’ wines - this is one of those beauties...
- A barrel-fermented Viognier that takes aroma, flavour, and sheer scrumptiousness into Condrieu territory. Ripe yellow citrus and stonefruit with floral lift and white spice - broad and textured with great energy, this is not one to miss!
- This is 1/3 from Mike’s special project, lavished with oodles of care and attention. Made from low-yield vines, barrel fermented using wild yeasts, it’s more expensive to make, and you can taste it.
- Every time I travel overseas, people are always asking me for Marlborough Pinot Gris. They tell me that they love Sauvignon Blanc and that it would be awesome to try more NZ white wine.
- Naked were hugely supportive in allowing me to venture beyond Sauvignon Blanc. They knew I had some pedigree with SB and backed me 110% to create a knockout Pinot Gris.
- Pinot Gris is such a wonderful grape to work with when it's fully ripe. This was definitely the case in 2017! The wine is really rich and quite plush. Exotic aromatics with pear and spice lead the charge, it's almost like it has been infused with rose petal, poached pear and nectarine.