- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- This is the ninth vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
- Angels gave Dom the thumbs up to snaffle a one-off parcel of Pinot Gris from his neighbour’s award-winning vineyard, at a rock-bottom price.
- Dom is a Pinot Gris Wizard. One of his PGs was named "one of the 75 most exciting wines in the world" by top wine mag Decanter – so he knows a trick or two.
- Dom hand-picked the fruit over 5 days. Each day the grapes get slightly riper, so you get everything from fresh, zingy citrus through to delicious juicy peach and pear flavours.
- Rodolfo is a wonderful winemaker - yep, he has talent coming out of his ears, but he's also a very good listener. This wine is the delicious culmination of your funding, your comments and Rodolfo's know-how - and between you, you've done a fantastic job.
- Every mouthful is brimming with fresh, ripe summer strawberries and hints of savoury warming black pepper. Rodolfo has let this wine rest for the optimum time in oak barrels to give it a gorgeously creamy finish - with just a dash of caramel and cedar wood for that extra 'WOW'.
- This wine is complex enough to lay down and enjoy in 10 years' time. But honestly? When a bottle like this adorns your wine rack, you'll be tempted to just get stuck in.
- The Minervois may be known for rich, savoury reds, but it’s a little-known secret that the limestone-rich soils are also the perfect place to grow white vineyards… Luckily, Ben’s your man on the inside.
- Ben’s latest Angel offering is a perfectly balanced wine: beautiful length and texture from the Morrillon grape, a classy touch of acidity from the Colombard, and a crisp refreshing nose from the Sauvignon Blanc.
- Perfect with a Pique Nique, great company and a healthy dose of sunshine.
- When Naked asked me to make a delicious and affordable Aussie red, I knew just the wine for the job. A Shiraz with depth, intense fruit, and spice… with a hint of Viognier to give a touch of floral lift.
- There are so many great vineyards surrounding us, but having a route to market has always been the key, which is why we’ve remained a small wine business. Your funding allows me to focus on what I’m good at (winemaking), and my husband to focus on what he’s good at (growing grapes and breeding cattle).
- This is a wine with oodles of juicy dark red fruits – cherry, blackberry jam, and plum, with a hint of earth and oak.
- I'd suggest letting this wine chill out in the bottle a bit after its big journey overseas... one month ideally. Or if you can't wait that long, decanting will help all of the ripe, juicy delicious fruit to sing from the glass!
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- It's not just common old Reserva, this is Gran Reserva - and in Spain this actually means something. Only top quality grapes are used - the grapes that have the best fruit, structure and intensity.
- Jorge leaves it to mature slowly, in toasty oak barrels to give it that mellow, smooth, caramel and vanilla flavour. Yum!
- One of our biggest ever sellers and we can absolutely see why. Pour yourself a glass of this belly warmer with big ol’ bowl of steamy stew. Perfection.