- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the seventh vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
We’re thrilled to bring you Naked’s first ever Gavi de Gavi. We wanted to show off the very best of our region, Central Piedmont, the home to such a special wine, that you can only find here, and nowhere else.
Known as the ‘Chablis of Italy’, Gavi de Gavi is made from the Cortese grape. It’s fresh, crisp, vibrant, super dry with subtle notes of peach, pear and citrus, and a steely minerality on the finish.
Making wine is our job, but also our greatest passion. Thanks to Angel funding, we’re able to combine our day job as wine consultants, with handcrafting wines like this on our family vineyard. Grazie for believing in us!
Serena Cordero, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
- Aromatics lovers rejoice! A & R's favourite old-world styles were the inspiration behind this delicate, semi-dry blend that's changing a few views on the classics.
- Predominantly made up of Gewurztraminer, Riesling and Pinot Gris, the stuff of off-dry dreams. Expect tropical fruit, minerality and a little sweet spice in the finish. Fragrant, delicate and full of finesse.
- Whatever you do, don't over chill this one - you'll lose the subtle flavours that make the wine so special. Take it out of the fridge when you order your Thai takeaway and try not to sneak a sip while you wait... go on, we dare you!
- This wine was a blast to make. Deciding on which varieties to put in the blend, spending time with the grower on how to deal with them differently, when to pick, how to process into wine - so many absorbing forks in the road and I loved every minute. Waipara makes beautiful aromatic wines and I was keen to put a different slant on this.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Beautiful, light and ethereal on the nose with quite a bouquet of lychee, citrus fruits and freshly picked white spring flowers. A fresh and lengthy palate carries the citrus fruits throughout with a hint of fruit sweetness but finishing dry. Great by itself or with light meals.
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Sancerre is what you buy if you want to look flash. Pouilly Fume is what you buy if you really are flash, not to mention flush. Top of the French Sauvignon Blanc ladder, this is pure, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle.
- Joost only gets to make this wine when the vintage is really, really good. He assured us this was one of those years. And by jove we agree!
- Seriously limited stock and ready for drinking right NOW. If you think too long about buying this, you might miss out...
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer Réserve has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.